Hop up and barrel

Mikeey946
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all im fairly new here first post just been reading a lot. 

I have a dytac solo m4 aeg first rifle that i used for first airsoft game saturday overall im very impressed with it however it chronod at just over 200fps which i see was a little low as it stated around 380fps im not too worried about this was plenty but what i did notice was the accuracy and range was much lower than other peoples there. This been said i realise it had a dmall barrel at 120mm and its not an expensive rifle i did manage to get someone to help me tweak the hop up but the difference was mininal.

It also sometimes wouldnt feed bbs with the supplied magazine or a G&G hi cap mag or mid cap mags i tried which seemed to not happen all the time just randomly.

Question i have is i am getting a madbull 6.03 bore barrel thats slightly longer as i now have the noise enhancer off and a silencer on which gives me an extra 155mm of space to play with to extend the barrel can anyone recommend a hop up and bucking combination for this madbull barrel that could increase range and/or accuracy? 

Also any advice on the bb feeding would be greatly appreciated

Uploaded a picture just for further clarification on what the rifle is 

Thanks in advance 

Screenshot_20171113-155714.png

• Supporters

Not really. Barrel length does almost nothing if the gun itself is balanced to its barrel length. Since it comes with a short barrel, you would need to change some internals if you would change it to a longer.

200 fps is too low and gives a disadvantage on the field. You will need to find someone who knows how to fix airsoft guns and fix it. Or if it is still under warranty, bring it back to the shop.

IMO put the sound hog or any other compensator on it, it looks a bit tard. ;)

• Supporters

Did you borrow that girly GOS-V1 stock from a G&G Black Rose ???

Image result for G&G black rose

the pink is subtle but the room for battery leaves your options limited - that is my main beef

(was referring to your gun likely being rear wired - think the Black Rose is front wired like G26 30th)

Image result for G&G g26 30th

Before you think about changing parts you need to address the real reason it's lacking in range which is the lack of fps. There's a problem there, and no amount of barrel or hop upgrades will sort that out.

Right i took it apart and checked all seals was seated correctly which they did look like they was put it back together and its chronod at 300 with .20 bbs so was a seal or something out its not too far off quoted figure now i can live with that. 

I have a prowin cnc hop up new bucking and a 247mm python tight bore barrel iv got it all set up just need to swap it over keeping the original intact so i can swap back anytime. 

Original inner barrel lengh was 120mm i now have a 247mm inner which would go in as iv now got the supressor which has made it loads less noisy the noise enhancer that was standard got a tad annoying after a bit.

Question is i understand with the extra barrel lengh the piston wont be up to the job but whats the maximum barrel lengh i could go without upgrading? I can cut the barrel easily to a shorter lengh or to the original if thats whats needed. 

Picture shows red line that old inner barrel ended at so theres plenty of room for more if its possible

Thanks in advance 

Screenshot_20171116-152328.png

For reference old 190mm barrel is 22074 cubic millimeters in volume 

And the new 247mm barrel is 28226 cubic millimeters in volume giving a difference of 6152 cubic millimeters does anyone know the tolerence for this? I can cut the barrel to the correct lengh then to allow for the tighter bore will extend it slightly 

Assuming that gearbox has the TM 3/4 cylinder or TYPE 'D' then the volume of that cylinder is roughly 16823.

Your barrel volume is incorrect, think you put diameter into the calculation rather than radius...

Your 190mm 6.08?? barrel is 5516.

That means standard ratio is roughly 3:1

Your 247mm 6.03?? barrel is 7053.

Your new ratio would be roughly 2.38:1 which is perfect for 0.25 / 0.28 BB's

You can't cut the barrel as it's plated aluminium. If you look at the muzzle of a barrel you'll see the chamfer around it. That's called a 'crown' and is critical to accuracy. If you try and recrown the Madbull it'll just make a mess.

If you're using 0.2g BBs then your 250mm barrel will need a type 2 cylinder, but if you're planning on using 0.28g BBs (more range, more accuracy) then you would get better performance with a type 1 cylinder, particularly if the angle of engagement has been adjusted and hence you've lost a bit of cylinder volume. You're trying to achieve a cylinder /barrel ratio of about 2.5:1. Porting the cylinder is easily done to get it just right.

Don't be surprised if you get endless feeding and air seal problems with the Prowin hop up.

Thanks for the info guys much appreciated! Your right that was my silly mistake i have a HND engineering including maths and physics clearly gone to waste 

If its close enough at 2.38:1 then ill leave it be for a bit see how it is.

I got the prowin off a buddy was still new un used for £5 thats only reason i ended up with that hop iv assembled it all and it seems to feed fine cant comment on air seal

What i have noticed is the entrance to the hop where the magszine feeds seems to float around a bit the magazine doesnt always locate properly and click into place is there any way to stop this? Its almost like the hop is rotsting around the barrel. Theres no forward backward play only rotational.

Better still can you recommend a good hop that works reliable thats an upgrade over original fitted one? 

Thanks again much appreciated 

Ha! like the HND comment :D

2.38 is fine, itll be a tad quieter too.

Im not familiar with the guts of that gun but if a Prowin M4 fits / looks identical to the stock hop unit then id use a stock Dytac, or TM unit or a Lonex unit, very tight tolerances.

Check closely the fit of your original hop unit, does that rotate?

• 1 month later...

Quick update on this i went ahead and installed a prowin with an extended madbull barell when i checked the original barell was also a 6.02mm just a shorter lengh was a pistol barell same lengh as a m92L.

I changed the bucking gave it a few wraps of dental floss then ptfe around once it was all together and put a few o rings on the barell up to the hop.

Chronos at 349-352 every single time now with .20 so its made a vast improvement.

Iv also used it a few games the prowin has performed flawlessly no feeding or leading problems at all power is up and range has increased to a fair bit further so problem solved cheers for your help everyone.

Sounds like you got lucky with the Prowin. Out of four M4s there is only one that mine works in. And it's excellent in that one gun, but hours of fiddling around never got it to function properly in any of the others.

Archived