Flat-Hoped Krytac CRB, ran in to an issue.

TapZxK
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi Guys, 

I hope all are doing well. 

So I decided to flat hop my Krytac CRB, I used Prommy Purple bucking and FireFly - Namazu  nub. 

Watched many hours of YouTube videos before starting and did everything as per the videos. 

When I install the flat hop first is I noticed that only at MAX hop up setting - 16 on Krytac, the rubber was barely protruding in to the barrel. Decided that this probably is due to a unique hop-up arm in Krytac. 

To rectify this I added a small rubber piece in between the arm and firefly namazu nub, this fixed it as I was getting hop starting from around setting 3 on a Krytac. 

Yesterday went out for a game and this is what I noticed.

My Stock Krytac was shooting straight, consistent and was reaching a target up to 40m (Considering the target distances are measured correctly in my local site) at about 42m the BBs started to drop or spread. I'm using 0,28g bbs. 

With my Upgraded flat Hop, I was reaching the target at 50m however, at about 33m my BBs would start to deviate towards left. 

Conclusion, I have increased the range but consistency has decreased. Any ideas on what should I be looking for to try and improve on this? 

I was still outranging a lot of the guns at my local field but unfortunately, Krytac wasn't shooting as straight as it used to with stock hop.

12 hours ago, Hangtight said:

Either the barrel isn't clocked plumb to the hop up, or your extra bit of rubber is lopsided.

When hop is applied and I look through the barrel the bucking protruding in to the barrel looks to be perfectly flat.

Archived