TM mp7 or GHK G5?

GothicGhost
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all.

I have been using a TM g17 in a carbine kit and now wanting a proper GBB smg/rifle.

Carbine_kit.jpg

I was all set on buying the TM mp7 but after seeing the g5 reviews I'm sort of stuck on what one to get lol.

Mp7.
Pros.
40rd mags and cheaper mags.
Smaller and I think lighter then the g5?

Cons.

Gun more expensive.
Harder to work on then the g5?
Stock wobble maybe.
-----------------------------------
G5.
Pros.

Gun more cheaper.
Change to m4 stock later.
Easy to take apart and fix.

Cons.
Bigger.
Loading the magazines.
Maybe less then 40rd? If anyone could let me know for certain.

I'm only going by reviews so anything I said could be wrong but I would love some advice.

Thank you.

GHK mags are realistically about 38 rounds and have the best gas efficiency I've seen. The G5 mags are heavy but the new GHK Pmags are much lighter. Very easy to load with a TM speed loader with the GHK loading tip. The gun itself is really quite small, light and narrow. Very hard kick for an airsoft gun and parts are easy to come by, should you ever need them.

MP7s are cool but the G5 is a beast.

The pmags for g5 look good that's for sure.

Would loading from top of the magazine's break the lips over time?

I will be playing mostly at rift Airsoft the ridge which is outdoors mixed with open long range and close to medium range environments.

Both seem great from the reviews so it's a hard one lol.

Griff 762 do you have pictures of both next to each other?

Thank you.

If you use the GHK speed load tip  (can find them on Samoon, usually free I believe) then you'll be fine. Combine that tip with a TM speed loader.

You'll be fine with either choice really but I'd highly recommend the G5. There is also a carbine and DMR kit you can get for it. It accepts AEG buckings and inner barrels too, just in case that interests you.

The ghk g5 gets my vote, reasonably priced and cheap to fix compared to a lot of gbbr's, plus as said by others it's meant to perform great even in the cold.. When I held one I thought it was a tiny little rifle. 

Its going to be the next gbbr I get for sure.  :)

ATB Marc 

On 11/13/2017 at 11:52 PM, GothicGhost said:

That's nice of Samoon :)

I know it's down to what I like the most  but I like both of them hahaha.

Get both and go Akimbo ;) 

• Supporters
10 hours ago, GothicGhost said:

Nice one.

I am getting the G5 now just looking around for any deals :D

I do like the tm mp7 but the g5 wins it by a little.

There's a second hand one on Weaponcrates currently for £170...

Just one thing of note for the G5 at the moment...

The old G5 Mags are now discontinued and aren't available anywhere (that I've found).

The new GMAGs also appear to be sold out everywhere I've looked in the UK. And when they come back in stock I'll be buying them all :)

From my research the Gen 2s have had significantly less cracking issues. They thickened the materials slightly on the lower receiver and added an extra support towards the stock end of the lower. 

There's a really good maintainance/ break down video on YouTube for the G5. It's about an hour and a half long and has the full install of the carbine kit as well. 

Used mine today for the first time in a skirmish.

Range was a bit meh. Will try heavier bbs next time as only had .25s with me.

On the CQB games though it was epic fun :)

Archived