Shotgun,Smg or both?

adengtg
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So, for xmas im getting myself some more airsoft gear but i really don't know whcih guns to get. ive already got an M4 as primary and don't need a new one and i also have a NBB pistol which is... ok. I've been looking for some new guns and have found the CYMA CM.355 Tactical. Its a full metal tri-shot shotgun based off the m870 but updated to look more modern, it shoots 3bb's at 270 FPS and comes in a short and long barrelled variant. Ive also been looking at various SMG's such as JG Mac10 or MP5K. I don't know weather to get one or the other and then buy some more gear such as a holster,assault pack etc which i need, or buy both. Would a long barrelled shotgun be suitable for a primary weapon as it only shoots 270fps and has a wide spread at longer ranges or get the short barrelled version and use it for CQB only and get an Smg as a better secondary.I should mention that the shotgun comes in full metal or full plastic(metal inner components). Would it be advisable to get either the metal or plastic version, swapping durability for low-weight?

• Supporters

Tri shot shotguns have limitations, range & accuracy being the common issues, BIG BUT, as a back up for when I primary dies mid game, for whatever reason, they're a no nonsense ready to go replacement, & for that reason alone worth buying, plus they're very satisfying when you get the drop on someone armed with an aeg.

I'd say buy the plastic bodied version, & what you save put towards the mac10 aep, then you've covered all the bases.

Simples :)

• Supporters

Tri-shot shotguns are an absolute blast to play with. I'd never chose one for a primary as they're easily outraged and outgunned but if you're not worried about any of that they're great fun and a much more rewarding experience.

7 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Tri shot shotguns have limitations, range & accuracy being the common issues, BIG BUT, as a back up for when I primary dies mid game, for whatever reason, they're a no nonsense ready to go replacement, & for that reason alone worth buying, plus they're very satisfying when you get the drop on someone armed with an aeg.

I'd say buy the plastic bodied version, & what you save put towards the mac10 aep, then you've covered all the bases.

Simples :)

Another thing would be, so i go for the MP5 or mac 10? The mac 10 looks cool and i want to paint it like the Pulp Fiction one but theres no way to mount a rail on it so no sights, lasers etc. an mp5K is bigger and heavier but easily fitted with rails etc. they are made by the same people so the performance would be the same

Just now, Gepard said:

Tri-shot shotguns are an absolute blast to play with. I'd never chose one for a primary as they're easily outraged and outgunned but if you're not worried about any of that they're great fun and a much more rewarding experience.

Thanks for the advice!

• Supporters

99% of the time there's a way to mount a rail, just need to be a bit creative with some kit.

1 minute ago, Samurai said:

No. The mac10 is an AEP the Mp5K is an AEG. The mac 10 is surprisingly good though for an aep.

The FPS and rate of fire are the same, the mp5 is slightly longer however

• Supporters
13 minutes ago, adengtg said:

The FPS and rate of fire are the same, the mp5 is slightly longer however

The Mp5k is an AEG with a v3 gearbox. It can be upgraded as any other gun. The aep has baby parts in a tiny gearbox and can't be upgraded, maybe a little bit for durability but still, I don't think it would last years as primary. For occasional use it will be perfectly good though. If I could ever reason buying an other gun, the jg mac10 is on the top of the list.

35 minutes ago, Samurai said:

The Mp5k is an AEG with a v3 gearbox. It can be upgraded as any other gun. The aep has baby parts in a tiny gearbox and can't be upgraded, maybe a little bit for durability but still, I don't think it would last years as primary. For occasional use it will be perfectly good though. If I could ever reason buying an other gun, the jg mac10 is on the top of the list.

Well the MP5 i was thinking of was the Galaxy g5k so i doubt its much better

• Supporters
13 minutes ago, adengtg said:

Well the MP5 i was thinking of was the Galaxy g5k so i doubt its much better

It's not that bad. It needs a better motor, that's its weakest point, maybe a better hopup rubber and a good shimming and lubing. After that it will last long and perform fine. And as any other gun, a lipo of course.

• Supporters

If you do get a shotgun, I'd go for a cheap, light one.  I don't see that barrel length is going to make a big difference to effective range, it's about the hop, or lack thereof.  You're outranged by everything else out there, including pistols.  However, it is very satisfying when you do get a hit with one.

Archived