How much is enough?

stig
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I understand some people enjoy collecting different guns and I would never stop people buying them, it's a great hobby after all.

But for actual gaming I initially stuck with one primary. This allowed me to save up for a better gun. I was able to afford a higher end gun rather than spending the money on a collection of other guns. This has a number of other positives as well. You get to know the gun inside and out. I know how well it works and how it performs in pretty much every circumstances.  Things like range, reaction to weather, best weight ammo, hop settings etc. 

All these things add to making the gun perform better, far more than spending money on a new barrel or motor or the latest magic hop rubber.

I recently brought a reserve primary which is a spare for me and my daughter and I give it a run out in some games. But to be honest, every time I grab my LVOA I realise why I lusted after it for so long and won't be replacing her as my primary for sometime. 

Pistols are slightly different. My regular is a Cybergun 1911 only because I love the platform and the stainless version caught my eye when they first came out and when I handled one some months later I decided I needed it.

It replaced an old Army R17 Glock which had come to the end of its life. 

I also have a TM MK23 Socom. I run this on specific games where I need silence and range.

Like I said, it's each to their own and good luck to all, but I have never felt compelled to buy lots of guns.

Now, if we are talking about kit, well that's a different matter..............

CBH

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've somewhat changed my stance since I last posted on here.

I've now gone for having a gun in each class, with some being outdoor guns and some indoor.

Assault rifle: E&L AK74UN with KA GP30 grenade launcher

Carbine: E&L AKS74UN 

LMG: A&K PKM

Sniper: Real Sword SVD

Shotgun: Tokyo Marui KSG (currently for sale)

Secondary: Gunslinger AK SMG

Next on the list is a nagant revolver and a stechkin pistol. Seeing as I currently don't have any handguns.

Although it's more guns than I can use at any one time. It gives me the flexibility to change loadouts for different situations. Or if I'm getting tired lugging it around (Looking at you PKM!) I can switch to something lighter.

I have to stop myself from being a collector!!

Not rifles or carbines, got my AR15 variant and I'm happy with that (although one day I intend on trading this in and upgrading to another AR15 variant rifle).

I am a pistol fan though.

I have:

Glock 17 (airsoft)

Colt 1911 (PFC)

Walther PPK (PFC)

Colt SAA (one PFC and one Replica)

Colt Trooper (Blank Firer)

on my list is:

SigSauer P226 (and P228)

Colt Python

S&W M&P

Glock 19

Colt 1860 Army

• 4 weeks later...

Guns, knives... anything sharp or shooty and I'm on it. I don't have many airsoft RIFs but that's not my fault. :D

Pistolwise; I have a G17 (recently pimped a little) and a G18 (stock Christmas gift). I love pistols, I'm better with a pistol over a rifle. So I thought I'd get a second holster and go a bit John Wick. Ambidextrous advantage, yay for oddness. I also have a G731 revolver (but I don't get it officially till tomorrow... birthday time!). This is more novel and I haven't really tried it yet, not properly. OK I executed a cardboard box, it asked for it. I may have to grow a moustache for it to feel at home.

M4 sopmod; externally blinged but not quite right yet. My starter rifle. It's an AEG but I have a history with gas guns so I'll be going down that route as soon as I win the lottery.

And my baby; the MAD MAX shotgun (Christmas gift). It's firing a little hot so I'll tweak the valves. Two barrels of fun.

I need an M249 SAW, the most fun RS gun I've ever fired. Definately a GBBR rifle, most likely an TM M4 - I NEED RECOIL! A bolt rifle is intriguing due to other guns I have and the similarities (25+ gas & spring, mostly custom). I'll try to restrict myself to one of each class. Pistols will be allowed to flourish...

So when is enough enough? That's a tough one. Probably when I've got the best (for me) from each class. Technically I've only bought one out of fours RIFs so far :D 100% guilt free (life's too short for it anyway...)

On Saturday, November 11, 2017 at 11:46 AM, stig said:

Since starting the sport (thanks to my son taking an interest) I've told myself - several times - right, that's enough gun wise. I have more than I can practically use by a long stretch.

So why do I have no restraint when I see another RIF that seems to shout 'BUY ME - I'M A BARGAIN'!!

The vast majority have been used buys and there's no doubt that there are some great (and not so great) buys out there. I love to tinker, so that has helped with various guns having been stripped, upgraded etc which is a process I find almost as enjoyable as using them.

So am I the exception or the rule? Do most stick to one, or two or end up amassing a collection of a dozen or more as I seem to have done (in a relatively short time too)?

I just like RIFs I guess!

I think we need a support group! !! A.G.A (airsoft guns anonymous). I know i have enough!! But still trawl the site looking at whats for sale. Its an illness! An illness i tell ya

We dragon 7.1

G&g raider cm 16 

Cybergun mauser L96 sr tactical pro sniper

We g18c 

2 x f1 007 kimber pistols (now sold)

Cyma g18c aep

G&G firehawk

Krytac LVOA

Armourer works hx10 split side custom

APS asr 106 patriot

Kimera jr2 grenade

Trmr grenade e1 x4

We msk acr (in post on way . With nuprol case holo sights)

Tm mk23 socom 

Pluss scopes and kit

Probably forgot about 1 or 2

In a couple are slowly being upgraded

Iv only been playing 2 months

The gas guns. Couldn’t be bothered to dig out the boring AEG’s lol. I need to see someone and get help apparently. 

06AA5130-53A0-4921-B8F0-1EAA27B1D2AD_zps

3 hours ago, Wo1f said:

The gas guns. Couldn’t be bothered to dig out the boring AEG’s lol. I need to see someone and get help apparently. 

Just think, if you sold all these, and your AEGs, and just kept one of each, you could probably buy yourself a pretty nice car.

GHK AK has a deposit on it, forged GHK m4 is for sale. Mega arms .308 is having a 3d printed nozzle and hop to take vsr bucking and barrels. Then if it passes my test it earns a spot, if it doesn’t, that’s going too. Scar H was my first gas gun. The money I’d get for it isn’t really worth me selling it. G36c is the same. P90 is an awesome gun but with horrendous mags. The advantage of it is it has an internal gas chamber so I can hpa tap it without having a tube to the mags. My 3 TM’s are awesome, as is the VFC m40a5. That thing will throw a .45 past 90m straight

• Supporters
8 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

GHK AK has a deposit on it, forged GHK m4 is for sale. Mega arms .308 is having a 3d printed nozzle and hop to take vsr bucking and barrels. Then if it passes my test it earns a spot, if it doesn’t, that’s going too. Scar H was my first gas gun. The money I’d get for it isn’t really worth me selling it. G36c is the same. P90 is an awesome gun but with horrendous mags. The advantage of it is it has an internal gas chamber so I can hpa tap it without having a tube to the mags. My 3 TM’s are awesome, as is the VFC m40a5. That thing will throw a .45 past 90m straight

Jesus dude. That's some collection!

How often do you get to play with each of these? They don't just collect dust as a wall decoration do they? :o

10 minutes ago, Gepard said:

Jesus dude. That's some collection!

How often do you get to play with each of these? They don't just collect dust as a wall decoration do they? :o

I've only got 2 primaries and they've been collecting dust! This lot should be in a damn display cabinet :D

The short MWS with the casv rail and the mp7 are used virtually every week at the mill in Wigan. The DMR MWS is my weapon of choice at Anzio. I used to use it with a slung mp9 but I sold it to Aengus on here I believe. The scar H was used a lot when I first started. It’s got an angry gun adjustable nozzle and I took the full auto sear bar out so I could play with it at 350 FPS of 400+ as a DMR. P90 as had one or 2 outings, but the mag valves are shite. Mega arms was the biggest waste of money ever. That KWA hop is useless, but that’s getting rectified. 

My opinion is that it's your money, do what you want with it.

That being said I feel like if there isn't any thought in it, it's pointless.

IE:

• Main Primary
  • Backup primary
  • Secondary
  • Backup secondary
  • Alternative primary (as in if your main and backup primary are longer weapons, perhaps a shorter weapon here)

I work part-time too, money saving is crucial!:lol:

I'd also borrow out spare gear to people I'm playing with - providing I know them. In fact I think I'll be lending out most of my wearable gear (tact vest, possibly my MTP shirt and OD Tee) to a few lads this weekend.

I started playing fairly recently - played about 4-5 games so far (about 1-2 every month). I get a kick out of having the gear ready. Helps me feel prepared or something, I dunno

• 4 weeks later...
On 07/01/2018 at 9:40 PM, Wo1f said:

Sorry for being dim - but aside from being in awe, I'm wondering what they all are?

We scar H

we p90 

TM mws DMR 

TM mws sbr 

ghk forged body m4

ghk ak74u

we g36c

TM mp7

asg/VFC m40a5

pts mega arms .308

all of them are gas rifles. I’ve since sold the GHK’s and bought a WE m14 EBR, scorpion evo and a 416 delta custom. 

On 08/02/2018 at 9:49 PM, Wo1f said:

We scar H

we p90 

TM mws DMR 

TM mws sbr 

ghk forged body m4

ghk ak74u

we g36c

TM mp7

asg/VFC m40a5

pts mega arms .308

all of them are gas rifles. I’ve since sold the GHK’s and bought a WE m14 EBR, scorpion evo and a 416 delta custom. 

What do you think of the WE scar H?
After an afternoon of playing with my gas pistol, I more like the idea of a GBB rifle than I did.....

I love my WE Scar H. Out of all WE guns, the scar H and the G36c are the the best. The noise the Scar makes is amazing. Certainly not for stealthy kills lol. Only thing it really needs is a new bucking and barrel. Wanna buy one, all set up and ready to go? ;)  

Archived