Advice on full head protection

Nora
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Hi Nora , welcome, head (& face) protection can be a very personal thing, part of which is dependent on playing style etc, ie are you a sniper or support gunner, the former often needs to look down a scope, which most full face masks restrict, the latter means you can often be a bit more casual with aiming style, more firing from a semi aim.

if your an assaulter, more running & gunning then you need to consider heat generation & probable misting depending on what eye pro is in use.

give us a bit more info on your style & requirements, hopefully, we can point you in the right direction.

mark

• Supporters

When I was under 18 I used a Dye paintball mask with a backwards cap which offered full head protection.

Nowadays I use a fast helmet with a pair of ESS ICE but for close quarters I swap them out for goggles and a half face mask. Everything is covered except the cheeks and ears, although I'm looking into cutting some mesh and modifying the mask for greater protection.

edit: @EDcase: I think the 'mantis' style masks look hilarious. I've never personally worn one but I'd assume they work just fine. Mesh too, so no fogging.

Archived