TM P226 E2 Build Advice for RS Training

iormangund
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Heya, I recently got a TM P226 E2 and have changed quite a few parts but still would like to improve it further so looking for a little advice. This is what I have currently done:

• Guarder Enhanced Recoil/Hammer Spring (150%)
  • Guarder Metal Slide & Frame for E2 (with marking)
  • Guarder Steel Outer Barrel
  • Guarder Front Sight Clip
  • Nineball Dyna Piston Head
  • NineBall 6.03mm Inner Barrel
  • UAC Aluminium Blowback Housing (on it's way from ehobbyasia, using stock TM one atmo)
  • Guarder Dummy Fire Pin (also on it's way)
  • NineBall Gas Router
  • Nineball High Output Valve NEO
  • Not really relevant to the purpose of the build, but I also have some Hogue rubber grips on the way

After a lot of tuning and experimenting I am still finding a few cycling issues in the later stage of the mag. I am using black gas only (Guarder/Nuprol).

I suspect this is largely due to the Guarder hammer/recoil springs as without the recoil spring there are no issues, can't really tell if the hammer spring is making a difference however.

For the hammer spring I was looking at replacing the Guarder one with either the Nineball one, or the RCC one (probably the 130%).

For the recoil spring I have had trouble finding anywhere that has any other recoil springs in stock aside from Guarder, but would think that something between 100% and 150% would probably be about right

Has anyone had experience with other springs vs the Guarder ones?

I will mainly be using this gun for RS training, so as close to the real one as possible is necessary. Ie strong trigger/hammer action, decent slide resistance when racking, weight and accuracy.

Finding the right balance has been a little tricky, open to suggestions for other parts I might need, but from my understanding stuff like rocket valve, loading muzzle etc wont help with the criteria I have set.

Also I am thinking of changing the magazine inlet valves as one of my mags stock valve is a bit leaky (valve itself, not the mag base etc), have had a look at the Nineball Marui mag valves and they look pretty good, anyone used them before vs stock valves?

Any thoughts, suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Edit: Another quick question, anyone tried the KJW CO2 mags in a TM P226 before? Do they work? Only info I can find is one youtuber who put a normal KJW mag in a TM P226 and the mag catch wasn't holding it properly. Thinking that might be fixed with a little sanding of the mag catch groove on the magazine maybe?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived