Strike Back Retribution

djben9
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Moderators

So..... I guess I’m not the only one watching this?

2 episodes in and what do we think??,

I’m missing Stonebridge and Scott already! :lol::lol:

• Supporters

Watched first episode .....

i hate/dis-like the fact that the 2 main male characters are scott and Stonebridge clones (bet it says made in China on there back sides ... or cyma), makes it feel cheap .... they didn’t even reverse the roles :angry: .... 

that said the the female characters are brilliant (especially the royal engineer lass)

• Moderators

yeah but with all the cr@p on TV these days its a good 45mins way from the wife and kids! :lol:

I'm trying to like it but it feels a bit hollow at the moment.

I loved the humour with Scott and Stonebridge and the action was fun. They reminded me of an updated Bodie and Doyle of The Professionals (wouldn't that be a great remake.) 

However, the new series just seems to be a cheap rehash. And seeing the Aussie girl with an Acog mounted on the front RIS above the barrel of her M4 and then later with a red dot sight placed behind it I kinda ruined it for me. 

Nice to to see the two blokes running Brens in the second episode though.

I'll stick with it because there ain't much else like it on TV.

CBH

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Comicbook hero said:

And seeing the Aussie girl with an Acog mounted on the front RIS above the barrel of her M4 and then later with a red dot sight placed behind it I kinda ruined it for me.

IDK. I can imagine she is using it similar to a scout rifle and the device behind it is a night vision device. It's too big to be a red dot.

Not common but maybe plausible.

http://www.nightvisionforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1271

I don't like the pretty girl. And I'm not even gay. :) Too barbie-like to be spec ops and too much makeup for a mission.

• Moderators

season 1 ok, 2 better, 3 to 5 prob best, 6....unsure yet :)...

but worth watching anyway :)

I got up to series 3....looks like I've got some catching up to do. Anyone seen The last Ship? Started that recently just a couple of episodes in so far. 

• Moderators

Yeah gotta watch the latest series, only 9 left to go, think there was only 10 episodes.....but with family its hard to find the time!!

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

Early in new year I think?, not sure myself. Didn’t know it had a mid season break!

5 hours ago, djben9 said:

Early in new year I think?, not sure myself. Didn’t know it had a mid season break!

Well I assume it does as it last aired in November/Early Dec, according to Sky.

I wanna see the aussie having some bed shenanigans, damn shes hot. 

• 1 month later...

Couldn't get in to this series, although I've been reliably informed by the wife, Stonebridge and Scott are making a return.

• Moderators
On 15/02/2018 at 7:01 PM, Ex-Rnuw said:

Couldn't get in to this series, although I've been reliably informed by the wife, Stonebridge and Scott are making a return.

well they popped back in at the end of S6E9 :D:D

• Moderators

Was only a few minutes but made it worth while!!!

they are in next weeks episode as well :)

Archived