Battery and Smart Charger

ewanJC
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi, I’m about to buy either the G&G CM16 SRL or the Predator. 

I’m getting confused when looking at batteries and chargers to buy. Does anyone have any links or suggestions that has worked well for them? 

Cheers

• Supporters

For this CM16 you'll get the best performance out of an 11.1v Lipo. That should last you the entire day If you're not too trigger happy. Alternatively you could use a 7.4v or 9.6v which will still get the job done. Personally I use 7.4v and haven't had any trouble with it at all. 

It looks like this model has a feature which prevents the gun from firing under a certain voltage, which is nice. As for chargers, something like this should work fine. 

edit: Patrol Base recommend:

11.1V 1300mAh 15c LiPo Crane Stock Battery 

LE-3 LiPo / LiFe Balance Charger

• Supporters

Look at componentshop.co.uk

great prices on batteries & chargers, I bought a cheap as chips lipo charger (about a tenner :) )from them about 7 years ago, never missed a beat, & they'll also give any advice you need, top guys.

personally, I'd go with a 7.4, but with the highest ampage you can fit in the battery space, usually the ampage has a direct relation to the physical dimensions of the battery.

& get deans connectors fitted to everything, much better than tamiya, which get a bit sloppy & slack over time (bit like my ex lol ;) )

Imax B6 is the charger of choice. Try and avoid clones if you can but they generally still work OK.

Don't buy your batteries and chargers etc from Airsoft retailers. You will get a better product for less money if you shop around at places that supply batteries and accessories for RC drones/helis/cars.

There are plenty of threads on issues that people have had with the ETU in the G&G guns, particularly in relation to battery voltage. Do a search and have a read before you make your choice.

Archived