Range

ewanJC
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Alright,

I’ve recently got my UKARA and am starting to look at buying my first gun. How do you determine the range of a gun?

Was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions for me in terms of gun, battery, charger etc. I play at a large woodland area so was looking at and M4/DMR style gun.

Any links or suggestions would be much appreciated!

Cheers

• Head Moderator

A good starting point is this pinned topic - 

If not done so already, have a read of all the pinned (sticky) posts in each section.

For useful help you need to include some more relevant information. What is your budget? I would recommend a TM gun but you may not want to spend £500.

Getting a genuine iMax B6 balance charger is worthwhile.

You determine the range of a gun by firing it, and measuring the distance between where you fired the gun, and where the BB hit the dirt.... Beforehand, well, assume around 25-30m, that's pretty standard for just about all of them.

They key take home message to remember is that fps=/=range.

Range (or effective range to be precise) is determined mainly by the hop up/barrel/airseal trio.. FPS do affect the range, but in a slight minor way than the 3 mentioned above.

Ares Amoeba guns are good for starting, they're quite inexpensive for what you get (good accuracy out of the box, electronic trigger with mosfet, LiPo ready, light and sturdy)..

If you want a really good gun go with TM but be prepared to sling a lot of pounds at them..

Krytac also makes decent AEGs but they're quite pricy as well.

It all depends on your budget..

Archived