[SOLVED] AEP only shoots while upside down

Rogerborg
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

[SOLUTION LATER IN THREAD - I'll leave it up in the hope that it might help someone else]

I know, right?

CYMA CM.123, internally it's a parts-compatible clone of the TM Glock 17 AEP.

I've had it apart to flat hop it.  No parts left over.  Put back together, if I invert it fully, it shoots.  Turn it round to about 90 degrees, gangsta style, it still shoots.  Held more upright than that, there's no response to the trigger.  When I invert it again, it shoots.

The battery is well charged and soundly in place in every orientation.  Everything feels secure and in-place.  No combination of things that I've attempted thus far is making any difference: safety (squeeze style at back of grip); semi/full auto switch; motor height adjustment; concussive maintenance; shaking it like a red headed stepchild.

I'll get the multimeter on the motor terminals first, but any ideas before I take it apart again?

While its upside down or while your upside down?

Either was sounds interesting!

I cant help ya but good luck :) 

May be a magazine thing. The spring probably isn't strong enough to push the BBs into the hop chamber..

You can either stretch the spring or put a spacer at the bottom to give it more "strength" but you'll lose some capacity..

Do you have spare mags? Have you tried with them?

It might also be a nozzle problem, did you make sure you put it back together properly?

• Supporters

Ah, sorry, insufficient data.  This was with the magazine out, I mean it doesn't shoot at all when right-way-up.

Sorry to spoiler it so soon, but I got it.  This doodad was like that:

XjX6gby.jpg

When it should have been like this:

dqKDjkk.jpg

And tucked in front of this thingamubob thusly:

C9ty7a4.jpg

Wit the doodad and thingamubob like that, it's fine.  What's surprising is that it shot at all in any orientation, I guess.

Out of curiosity, why would you flat hop a AEP?

• Supporters
4 hours ago, Skara said:

Out of curiosity, why would you flat hop a AEP?

I'm trying to persuade my site to run a Matrix milsim.  Then I'll load 0.5g and people can dodge them while pretending to be in Bullet Time.

Also:

JqfLMtH.jpg

Archived