What's your favourite optic?

Gepard
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Whether it be a red dot, reflex, holographic or teloscopic, what's your favourite optic and why? 

I'll start by saying I'm a fan of the NP HD-8 RDS. It's an Aimpoint CompM4 replica which is a simple red dot with a quick release mounting system for a 20mm rail. It takes AA batteries and has a full metal construction. Perfect for indoors and at a relatively low cost of around £40 it's held up really well for the last year. 

For red dots, T1 clones, Trijicon MRO clones and UTG 3.9" all work a treat. Favourite depends on which one looks right on a particular gun.

For a magnified optic... http://www.tacticalscope.co.uk/nikko-stirling-diamond-30mm-1-4x24-wide-angle-red-illuminated-no4-dot-reticle-rifle-scope-1398-p.asp

Huge, bright field of view. Magnification down to 1x, so with the illuminated reticule you can still use it as a red dot sight. Light and low profile.

Iron sights.

Really, they're the best, no fancy glasses that can be shot out, no weight, no batteries, nothing that can really fail, easy to adjust and they'll always hold the zero..

Some of them look cool as well!

If I have to pick something more sophisticated I'd go for short dots, they're the perfect magnified optical system for airsoft (4x is more than enough for longer range shots)

Core this is a super hard question to be honest lol.. 

I do use everything but I agree with Skara, you can't beat iron sights, they are my favourite especially on pistols and lever action rifle, but that being said I do like to use the others to and best type will depend on the gun I'm shooting at the time.. 

Happy Shooting all. 

ATB Marc 

I had an ACM Elcan sight which I thought was awful so was happy to sell it on. 

I own a G&P red dot and TM red dot which are okay. The TM one is quite lightweight and feels fragile.

I had a Bushnell holosight which I regretted selling as it was just so damn good, so have spent a bit of time trying to find a RS Eotech, and I now have a 556 which is pretty special.

However, I also own a RS ACOG which I practically stole from a guy on eBay and that sight really is the nuts. The 4 x magnification is just right and I have genuinely scored some hits that I just would not have done with a normal red dot or iron sight. I would implore anyone who wants a RS sight for Airsoft to go ACOG...with a lense protector!

Archived