Magazine Advice

richmt11
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi All,

I just placed a pre order for a new Krytac CRB. So I have a question regarding magazines.

I'm doing a group order on taiwangun and for magazines I'd like to get 6-10 mid caps. The choice there seems limited, CYMA or BattleAxe.

Is there a noticeable difference between these budget mid caps? Will they feed the Krytac?

Ive read a lot about Krytac mag feeding issues and it seems most people aren't using or maintaining their mags correctly as a lot of people who complain about one mag are corrected by others. Obviously I can sell them on if they are no good. And hopefully they'll last me 6 months while I slowly replace them. Or should I just start out with fewer good mags and still carry hi caps for now??

cheers

rich

Hi there

These fellas made a bunch of test with diferent midcaps available in the market...might give you an idea on magwell tolerances from brand to brand.

There is also a video of him actually testing the mags, and a spreadsheet with the 'findings'..take it with a pinch of salt.

So having watched the video (thanks for posting). I think I might go for a few of the cyma mid caps, 150 capacity, just to test.

The reason for this is because looking at the 2 cyma mags he reviewed, one was dismissed as not getting what you pay for. And these were the 150 capacity mid caps. So if I only get 130 per reload I might happy with that and it actually passed the other tests. Further to that, this and the other mid cap had issues feeding 0.4g bbs and otherwise no other issues it seems.

therefor my logic is that if I'm getting 130 instead of 150 bbs, that's fine. And I don't plan to shoot bbs above 0.25g and I pretty much shoot semi anyway..

if anyone else heads any sound comments on the selection of magazine feel free to post, though I may be going for those cyma's

cheers

rich

Archived