choosing a budget aeg advice wanted

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters

My inner grammar nazi just died. This thread is like a roundabout.

Suggestions have been made, lots of them, by lots of very experienced, and some not so, airsofters yet no matter what they say you have already made up your mind. What you really wanted is someone to turn around and say the A R85 is awesome, and that would have been the end of the topic.

I don't mean to come across as rude but if your asking for advice, please take it! If your asking for someone to back your opinion up, please make that clear.

FYI, I have a G&G L85 with all the bells and whistles, it just doesn't work as well as My G&g CM16 let alone my TM NGRS Scar.

1 hour ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Where is it then?

With the bloke who knows what he's talking about...

I got a cyma 517 out of necesity it works well enough for me, its not to bad a gun and as you say its halved my playing cost. As for car annalogies wether you have cheapo ford feista or a buggati veyron they will both get you from a to b.

All be it in a bit more style also if you want start tinkering around  you'll  be less reluctant with the cheapo one. At least with the m4 platform there are tons of vids on line on how to take them apart. 

They're much of a muchness, but on balance the JG is probably the better mechanically, but the Cyma scores in being a full size, rear wired gun with more options for battery type having it stored in the stock/buffer tube.

The Cyma also has the advantage of using standard M4 mags.

I used to be an M4 hater, but once you get into them a bit there's so much you can do to them, that although it might be basically AR shaped, yours can still be unlike anyone else's. There are plenty of cool special forces versions, and there are more options for cheap parts than any other platform. Plus with a bit of skill /bodgery you can get a lot of real steel accessories to fit.

FL9IxJu.jpg

Both the foreend and the stock are proper AR items, although I've got to make an adapter for the stock.

We rate a lot of stuff that's not an AR. And for someone who seems very focused on the way your Airsoft gun looks rather than the way it functions to state that equipping it with parts that appeal or create a particular look or feel is pointless...

39 minutes ago, Hangtight said:

I used to be an M4 hater, but once you get into them a bit there's so much you can do to them, that although it might be basically AR shaped, yours can still be unlike anyone else's. There are plenty of cool special forces versions, and there are more options for cheap parts than any other platform. Plus with a bit of skill /bodgery you can get a lot of real steel accessories to fit.

Both the foreend and the stock are proper AR items, although I've got to make an adapter for the stock.

That is very true theres not a lot you can do with an Sa80. And if it British army load out your looking for m4 all the way. I've watched Ultimate force many times. So it must be true.

• Supporters

You've fired the SA80 on a range in cadets, but do you have any experience with any other type of rifle, replica or otherwise? Perhaps if you give a platform a chance you may end up liking it.

The cyma can get you on the field while you save for a better gun. As much as I love mine, realistically I know that its not going to last forever. I think what a lot of people on here mean is go in with your eyes open to any gun you buy but don't expect a £80 gun to last as long as a £300 pound gun.

Just now, commanderpegasus420 said:

Ive held m4 ak47 and rpg before they were on display for royal signals corps at bassingbourne. 

I didnt like how they felt in the shoulder and the weight is more to the front with aks m4 its closer to the middle

rpg felt pretty cool though lol

Get an RPG as your first gun!

Just now, commanderpegasus420 said:

Ive seen them on youtube but they are probly expensive oll hv a look tho lol

I was only messing, I mean it would be a bit impractical unless the enemy team consisted of BMP1s:lol:

• Supporters
4 minutes ago, Georgeturner2001 said:

Get an RPG as your first gun!

Lol. Mental image clearing rooms with an RPG. 

• Head Moderator

Archived