Tokyo Marui Recoil

Osiris
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I know there are a fair few threads about these guns and i have read them but they haven't answered all my questions and i am a noob :D

So i am soon to get my first gun (as i may have annoyed you with talking about previously!) and i was looking at the Scorpion BET carbine which is around £350 but then i saw a TM M4 SOCOM on proairsoft for £370 and it got me interested as it isn't much more money. 

Now i have no chargers, mags or batteries to worry about converting or if they will be compatible as i have to buy them all anyway so my questions are:

The SOCOM is £40 cheaper than the SOPMOD and others and says it doesn't need a lipo conversion as it doesn't use the sopmod style battery? So is it cheaper because its outdated and worse or what? i dont really understand :D

Is the sopmod battery really that bad? The Sopmod and Scars are more expensive £40-100 more than the socom and is recommended a lipo conversion, is this because lipos are so much better or just because most people run lipos and have chargers for lipos? Are Sopmod batteries/chargers vastly more expensive?

The magazines on that site are 80 rounds and £20 which doesn't seem like too much as id have to buy normal ones anyway. I mean the only difference between them i can see is the rail and the battery style. Any advice/suggestions?

• Head Moderator

TM sopmod batteries are crap which is why they get replaced with the better LiPo battery with Deans connection.  Get LiPo and genuine iMax B6 balance charger.

[quick answer] The main difference between Socom and Sopmod M4 version is the RIS rail system, the Socom has the fixed sight/carry handle with solid hand guard whereas the Sopmod has rails.

• Supporters

Regarding batteries, the TM SOPMOD style batteries are an absolute rip off, they're slow charging poor quality NiMh and are MASSIVELY overpriced for what they are. Even with guns that take the SOPMOD style battery I always recommend soldering on a deans connector to run LiPo batteries.

Magazines used to be a bit of a non-starter for choice since the only ones easily available were the standard TM ones.  PTS have recently released EPMs for the recoil shock range and are absolutely better in every way than the standard ones. 

What’s people’s range and accuracy like? I’ve got a recoil scar H and I don’t get all of the fuss..

I use .28 in mine. Didn’t rate it.. but an m100 and some lonex gears in and it’s still a bit meh. It’s good, don’t get me wrong, but for me at least, it doesn’t live up to its reputation. 

really? ive just ordered a tm ak74 recoik with the lonex gear and spring uograde. was hoping to use .28s but sounds like ill have to use .25s

• Head Moderator
4 minutes ago, Elts7 said:

was hoping to use .28s but sounds like ill have to use .25s

Use whatever weight the hop will lift, I use 0.28g with no trouble on my stock model TMs. Have yet to try 0.30g to see if any real difference.

On 31/10/2017 at 9:29 PM, Jedi_Master said:

Use whatever weight the hop will lift, I use 0.28g with no trouble on my stock model TMs. Have yet to try 0.30g to see if any real difference.

hoping i dont lose too much range though

Get the Socom. Buy my spare TM RAS and get two 1100mAh LiPos from Component-Shop with mini deans. Buy an M100 spring from Eagle6 and run .28 Devil Blasters. You’ll outrange everyone. 

• Mostly Retired Moderators
On 02/11/2017 at 3:08 PM, Crashtest33 said:

Get the Socom. Buy my spare TM RAS and get two 1100mAh LiPos from Component-Shop with mini deans. Buy an M100 spring from Eagle6 and run .28 Devil Blasters. You’ll outrange everyone. 

Even @ImTriggerHappy?

Archived