SWAT VTG Brass Bullet Valve

DuckyTehGreat
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all, unsure if this is the wrong place to place this, if so please direct me to the correct subforum.

I have the SWAT VTG timed grenade, has seen some heavy use but I've lost the 'brass bullet valve' (pic attached) that goes beneath the arm. According to their website this is lost a lot and they have a lot of replacement parts for it in stock.

I've got no problem paying the asking price for this but the only shipping available is £9 I refuse to pay £9 shipping for a tiny piece of metal, almost the cost of the item itself and they have ignored all my emails requesting if there is another way to dispatch this and no one answers when I try and call.

Originally when I was looking into BFG's it was a toss up between this and the Dynatec, if I'd known the service and that was easily lost pieces that cost this much to replace I would have gone with the Dynatec as they're similar prices. The SWAT takes 12 gauges which the Dynatec does not but on the same blanks the Dynatec just sounds louder.

My main point/query - aside from warning people of this huge design flaw- is to ask if anyone knows what these 'valves' actually are, if they're proprietary, or if I can get them elsewhere. I will otherwise buy a new Dynatec I expect.

221240573298_ml.png

• Head Moderator

Topic moved because it fits in the Advice & Technical Help section better.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Just in case anyone was following this, have had my own made by a friend. Wayyyyy cheaper than paying SWAT for them and now i have tonnes of spares.

• Supporters

That took a while for your freind to make :D

That pic looks amazingly like the .177 core of a .22 sabot pellet. of course hard to judge scale.

Doesnt look like a hard part to bodge though.

• Supporters
4 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

That took a while for your freind to make

Still quicker than waiting for SWAT to dispatch, or answer an email, or pick up the phone... 😴

5 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Still quicker than waiting for SWAT to dispatch, or answer an email, or pick up the phone... 😴

LOL Absolutely!! But we got there in the end. I wasn't able to play for months anyway coz of a kidney stone so they werent being used.

I've heard the same thing about SWAT's communcation! I was wrestling with HW Holsters for most of that time about their grenade holsters being loose AF, getting them to respond was such a pain and they've stopped entirely now. 

Archived