Milsim style camping trip in Cornwall/ Devon area

Readman97
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys and gals, i love camping and hiking, what sounds better than that you say?

How about doing it in full military gear with lots of other airsofters?

Im in callington - cornwall and i am literally surrounded by open moorland and hills.

Looking to arrange an airsofter meet up & camp out with ideally 11 or more other people.

Now, im no health & safety geek, but this is what i would expect everyone to acquire and carry for this camping trip..

• first aid kit

• clean drinking water

• tent

• torch

• fire starting equipment

• food (advise MREs for realism)

• warm clothing

• radio

• beer

• more beer

• maybe spirits too

• a concealed LEGAL knife

• a bag for your rubbish

• a mobile phone with a fully charged battery for emergency use only! 

Here is a list if things you will be shouted at and told to go home for bringing..

• drugs (non prescription & illegal)

• not enough beer

• guns (RIFs & two tone)

• illegal knives

• pyro (excluding emergency flares)

• an "i cant do this!" attitude

• NOT ENOUGH BEER!

Those who are interested, comment underneath and once enough are down for this, we will arrange a date convenient for everybody. meeting point will be the very top car park on kit hill, we will then walk as a group across open moorland to a suitable point many miles away where we will camp up for the night and hike back to kit hill, this will be a tiring and physically demanding hike and will require at least a grade 3 man (or tough lady) card!

Be advised that the British Army train not too far from here and you will likely be shot by them if you act hostile should you encounter them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters

No offense, but most people would be reluctant to meet/camp on public land in military kit, sets all sorts of alarm bells ringing, & not just regarding national security etc.

just saying ;)

My initial though was that the O/P was some kind of nutty prepper looking to lure us all in to the wilds to tie us to tree or some such, but I guess I have been watching too many movies :) 

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/11/2017 at 1:27 PM, Albiscuit said:

My initial though was that the O/P was some kind of nutty prepper looking to lure us all in to the wilds to tie us to tree or some such, but I guess I have been watching too many movies :)

On 20/11/2017 at 1:27 PM, Albiscuit said:

I've been rumbled! ;)

On 14/11/2017 at 11:30 AM, Tackle said:

No offense, but most people would be reluctant to meet/camp on public land in military kit, sets all sorts of alarm bells ringing, & not just regarding national security etc.

just saying ;)

Given the British army presence around here, i doubt anyone would question it lol, royal marines regularly practice beach landings just 14 miles from here so soldiers marching up the road is a regular sight for locals

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Readman97 said:

Given the British army presence around here, i doubt anyone would question it lol, royal marines regularly practice beach landings just 14 miles from here so soldiers marching up the road is a regular sight for locals

Lol, I'm sure it is, BUT what your proposing doesn't involve soldiers, it's more likely to be a ragtag bunch, likely to be in mixed incomplete camo's, so in no way would you pass muster as a military unit on manoeuvres .

should you then encounter a genuine military group, how would you explain yourself ?, I doubt there's anyway to explain it without at the very least coming across as a bunch of slightly strange walts, maybe worse.

if your still determined to arrange a get together, cool, but my advice would be to ditch all military attire.

Worst case scenario is you end up looking like these muppets

edited for a warning:

This is a Britain First video, but it’s not their normal hate content (them acting like buffoons), and it’s a repost by someone else because they took down the original

Normal people do go out camping & hiking in a mixture of civilian and military outdoor clothing, so depending on the actual look it’s possible that no one will notice.

Full military gear may not be the best look, and players kit kit may not be suitable - there’s a difference in something to wear playing for the day and for a weekend on the moors.

I read the original post as a group of like minded individuals going for a hike and  camping for the weekend.

Avoid too many formalities & uniforms to look like you’re walting or to worry people about what you’re up to - and ensure that it’s clear to participants if it’s an organised ‘experience’ with the OP being an instructor etc responsible for the group, or just a bunch of guys having fun 

3 hours ago, Albiscuit said:

Ah ffs... just realised what I clicked. I dont wat to give them another view :( 

In this case you’re safe.

As it’s embedded it’s not clear that this isn’t on their account but a repost by someone else because they pulled the original video down.

They seemed to have noticed they are/ look like a bunch of baffoons 

18 hours ago, Tackle said:

Lol, I'm sure it is, BUT what your proposing doesn't involve soldiers, it's more likely to be a ragtag bunch, likely to be in mixed incomplete camo's, so in no way would you pass muster as a military unit on manoeuvres .

should you then encounter a genuine military group, how would you explain yourself ?, I doubt there's anyway to explain it without at the very least coming across as a bunch of slightly strange walts, maybe worse.

if your still determined to arrange a get together, cool, but my advice would be to ditch all military attire.

Unless we hike 20 miles to Dartmoor, we shouldn't encounter any, maybe we will come off as idiots, but you know it will be fun haha

• Supporters

Dude ffs, I've been as polite as I can about this, wandering around in camo in a group, unless your an approved organisation such as acf/ta/regs etc, just screams jihadist training camp or right wing militia, both of which frighten the sh*t out of joe public, & sets alarm bells ringing with all branches of the forces & security services.

Even some airsoft sites have asked that if players are travelling to them via public transport, could they do so in civvies & change on site, as it can cause concern, & this has been discussed on forums numerous times, usually with some numpty asking "is it ok to wear my plate carrier on the bus while travelling to a game" ;)

we're all airsofters here, & when you & any dope you can convince to come for a "yomp" in military kit gets jumped on by the security services, & you explain "it's ok, we're airsofters & we arranged this on an Internet forum", they start looking here, they start looking at us, & they do so through cynical eyes that are looking for justification......which would be bad for airsoft.

if your that keen on training in military kit, do what I & many other airsofters have done, join the forces, regs or reserves, & fill yer boots.

failing that, sign up for some airsoft milsim weekenders, sterling or one of the other firms, I'm sure they'll give you taster of what your after.

• 1 month later...

Archived