Am I done with airsoft

NathyB
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Been playing today and although it was ok it just seems OK to me now it doesn't really excite me any more maybe it's because I play the same site I don't know just don't seem to be that interested any more any one else feel like this or do you go through phases 

• Supporters

IMO it's often a site thing, sometimes it's cos playing one site can get stale, especially if the organisers aren't trying hard enough to keep it fresh etc.

for me I've played some amazing site, & some others that while the sites never had a lot of "features", the organisers worked hard to keep players interested.

the downside to this is nowadays I tend to stay in my county (Kent), & if I'm honest I haven't been that impressed with the last couple of sites I've played, but there's at least 3 more I want to try, I hope I enjoy at least one of them or I might start feeling like you & wondering if I'll bother any more ?.

hopefully it won't come to that.

Switch up sites and try a different blaster. Going Gbbr from an aeg has blown my mind.

Find a group of people and go to different sites with them :)

Changing guns doesn't really do anything unless it's a drastic change (aeg to basr or saw)..

Maybe try some events like milsims or theme based games, just to do something new/different.

I think we all go through fits and starts like this. Maybe try not playing, thinking or watching any thing airsoft for a little while.  Come back again in a month or two and see if the old intrest is back. As the guys here have said you can always try switching your game up in diffent ways. As they say variety is the spice of life.

Also agree on the site comment. Changing up will certainly change things, but so will changing your play style. Some days I play aggressive and others i go all sneaky. If you have the stomach for it, GBBR’s are the way to go. I bought my first a little over a year ago and now have about 10. Don’t use aegs at all now. 

• Supporters
25 minutes ago, Shaun Haynes said:

I had something simallar  happen to be with carp fishing.   Hence why I came to airsoft.  Now I always mix  up both hobbies

You shoot carp in a barrel?

Nathy, what did you enjoy about airsoft?  What are your best memories of it?

I think it happens to nearly all hobbies at one time and another. Last year I was getting a little bored, and used a proposal to get out of the sport. Now I'm back and enjoying it. Had the same with target shooting, flogged the .22 but kept the ticket, now changed to full bore and loving it. 

I am am careful though not to fall into a routine with any hobby, if I fancy it that day I'll do it, if not I'll find something else to do. There's no harm having a couple of months off or even longer, then like the others say, try a new pew pew or site, or play style, whatever. End of the day you're there to have fun, when it becomes a chore you need to stop for a bit and try again later. 

Btw, airsoft specifically - I have stopped about 5 times since I was 16, now 23. Breaks been anywhere from 2 months to a year. Just don't do what I did and flog all your stuff each time. It really hurts when you look in your ebay purchase history lol. 

I know ow you feel I have several hobbies that I switch between depending on how I feel. I never attend Airsoft events in the summer because I'm always doing my music (Gigs, DJing, Bands, Jamming & festivals) I also go out on my mountain bike so I will often get into that for a while then I come back to Airsoft & its exciting again. 

Too much of one thing can become a routine & that's where the danger lies. Mix it up with something else & you cant go far wrong 

• Mostly Retired Moderators

I'm currently 5 weeks into a 6 month break from Airsoft (new baby due in 2 weeks - eek!) And im climbing the walls.

My missus is sick of me watching review videos, contemplating spraying my guns, cleaning my guns, eyeing up new plate carriers and I've even started listening to the Airsoft Kings podcast on my walk to work!

All my mates are going to the mall on the 17th and keep banging on about it. I'm chomping to get back to a game already! :lol:

Maybe you just need a few weeks off?

To echo others, its probably just a case that you need something new in your hobby to challenge you that's all.

Mix up your sites, try a new loadout or try and find what originally kindled your interest and link back to that somehow.

There's nothing wrong with giving your hobby a break, I have worked in stores where my hobby was my job and ironically had to take a break from it!

BCC

Change sites...

I love CQB, but often play woodland as I like to try out different sites but when I do play woodland I am reminded how much I love CQB.

And if I had the money I would defo have a ton of guns and be using different weapons all the time. maybe its a good thing though ;)

• Supporters

Dibs on your stuff.

I mean... yes, mix it up.  I'm going full Ewok in the woods this Sunday largely just to convince myself that indoor CQB is indeed the right choice.

But... what if I enjoy it? :o

Most of the group I play with are relative noobs like me. We know we have to play the membership site for UKARA, but we aim to travel and play a different site each month. Even if we really like a site, there's plenty more to play. So may not make it back unless something special comes up - eg. Help for Heroes

Keep it fresh ;)

1 hour ago, warlord said:

Most of the group I play with are relative noobs like me. We know we have to play the membership site for UKARA, but we aim to travel and play a different site each month. Even if we really like a site, there's plenty more to play. So may not make it back unless something special comes up - eg. Help for Heroes

Keep it fresh ;)

Changing sites does mean that in general you wouldn’t normally achieve the games at a site to qualify for UKARA status

Im aware of a university society that managed to achieve approval under UKARA to operate their scheme in a manner that members who attend society events in various venues in the appropriate periods could qualify for UKARA 

On 02/11/2017 at 11:40 PM, Tommikka said:

Changing sites does mean that in general you wouldn’t normally achieve the games at a site to qualify for UKARA status

Im aware of a university society that managed to achieve approval under UKARA to operate their scheme in a manner that members who attend society events in various venues in the appropriate periods could qualify for UKARA 

For me it's the one big thing I'd like to see change about UKARA. It shouldn't matter where you play if you're on the register as having played. My UKARA reg is with a site 2 hours from me :D

It seems the site only registers you with UKARA at the time of meeting the qualifying games or an anniversary. So I have to go back to that site to get a renewal rather than just play a UKARA site anywhere to renew. 

• Moderators

Just register with another site if you play there enough times, I’ve got 3 UKARA numbers as the one I started at is a Saturday and due to my sons football I struggle to get there, luckily my sites are all under 60 mins away, one, if I ever get a chance, 5mins lol.... 

on the boredom front, I get that at times, but family commitments stop me playing most weekends, i do try to mix sites up, but I realise I prefer CQB but not many my way

• Supporters
On 4 November 2017 at 11:38 AM, warlord said:

For me it's the one big thing I'd like to see change about UKARA. It shouldn't matter where you play if you're on the register as having played. My UKARA reg is with a site 2 hours from me :D

It seems the site only registers you with UKARA at the time of meeting the qualifying games or an anniversary. So I have to go back to that site to get a renewal rather than just play a UKARA site anywhere to renew. 

Agree, my ukara was with a group of sites that were local & enjoyable to play, but they unfortunately went under (one of the partners embezzled from the other, shitbag), so in order to qualify for ukara I went further afield, BUT I've not enjoyed any of the sites enough to go back for another 2 games, be better if you could have a card etc that you got stamped at different sites & then sent in to get a registered number.

• Moderators

indeed it would, more so after you have been registered etc.!

One reason i got the numbers now as its easier to pop to one, once a year! 

Archived