decreasing fps in ASG AW 308 sniper rifle?

commanderpegasus420
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have a asg aw 308 the site stated 390fps when i got it there chrono had clocked it at 445fps.

How can i decrease the fps enough to pass the 400fps chrono at the site i plan to go to??

Ive left it cocked for over 7 hours to hopefully get it down abit.

Any tips or tricks?

What springs are available at 400fps??

Cant play without doing this so any help is apreciated 

Tah 

Pegasus

• Head Moderator

I have moved your post from General Discussion.  Not everything is General Discusion, if you have a look at the forum rules

• Post in the appropriate sub-forums
If you want to chat about the latest Airsoft releases, do it in "Latest News". If you are new to the forums and want to ask a question, it might be best in the "Advice & Technical Help" forum. If you want to sell something, the "Classifieds" forums are the place to announce it. Basically, have a look at all the categories and post where you think your topic will be best suited.

Leaving the spring cocked won't do anything to lower the fps. You'll either need to shorten it or replace it.

Shortening is cheap, but you'll need to be able to collapse the end coil and grind it flat.

https://www.customairseals.com/air-rifle-spring-cutting-procedure/

Lil update for you. Ive found another site with a higher fps limit so i can run the sniper ok as is. even gives some leeway to when it comes to upgrading.

The site i was planning to go to is cqb based so im considering getting a cheap aeg for that and using the sniper in the woodland site.

Gotta find a decent aeg for less than 80 quid now

Thx for advice

Pegasus

• Supporters

Or buy a couple of different springs for the ASG.

Wait, am I now arguing against getting an AEG after having previously argued in favour of it?  Gah, tricked.

I do primarily want to focus on the sbiper role but changing springs all the time is abit of a kerfuffle. Better to just get a spray n pray gun for the cqb stuff may also serve as a backup if my sniper breaks.

Im thinking dmr or lmg build from an ar or ak platform. Probly a cyma one as they are cheap and not seen or heard of a bad review so far.

Skimming through the ads on here too occasionally 

Pegasus

Archived