Airsoft sites in/ near Plymouth?

Readman97
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi Readman97. There's Mad Mommas near Landrake and Thunder Park near Bodmin. Not been to either myself as most of my teammates live over the water in Plymouth, so I tend to visit sites over that way. Heard some good things about Thunder Park and met some of the regulars at NAE this year - decent friendly bunch. Heard several visitors say Mad Mommas can be a bit 'cliquey'.

2 minutes ago, Spuggy1uk said:

Hi Readman97. There's Mad Mommas near Landrake and Thunder Park near Bodmin. Not been to either myself as most of my teammates live over the water in Plymouth, so I tend to visit sites over that way. Heard some good things about Thunder Park and met some of the regulars at NAE this year - decent friendly bunch. Heard several visitors say Mad Mommas can be a bit 'cliquey'.

Cheers matey, will check them out, I've noticed paintball is more prominent down here, but paintball sucks lol

There is also Cornwall's Elite Airsoft in Truro, TR2 4BA ( Been going there 6 years now) Great bunch of lads and lassie's very welcoming to newbies. Also Tank trax (Redruth)

And rumors of a new indoor CQB site in Launceston opening in the new year.

Nothing wrong with Mad Momma's, used to play there weekly before I moved up to Cambridge - Just a shame that SWWG shut down, as they had a decent indoor CQB site just outside Ivybridge :/

50 minutes ago, AirsoftLz said:

There is also Cornwall's Elite Airsoft in Truro, TR2 4BA ( Been going there 6 years now) Great bunch of lads and lassie's very welcoming to newbies. Also Tank trax (Redruth)

And rumors of a new indoor CQB site in Launceston opening in the new year.

Truro is further than Exeter for me unfortunately, think ill check out mad mommas, hope the rumours of the Launceston one is true, pretty much the next town over from me!

Just now, jcheeseright said:

From what I've been told there's TWO CQB sites opening in the Launceston area.  Should be interesting to see which one shuts down first!

With a bit of luck, the competition will push both to be the best sites they can be, i know one thing, first one to implement the "only marshals can throw pyro" rule is the one that's gunna find themselves down the job centre first lol

• Supporters
1 minute ago, Readman97 said:

With a bit of luck, the competition will push both to be the best sites they can be, i know one thing, first one to implement the "only marshals can throw pyro" rule is the one that's gunna find themselves down the job centre first lol

Can tell you're new to this, still so much hope and idealism!

Both sites will be run at minimum cost for maximum profit with unpaid player marshals that don't care and one 'head marshal' who hasn't actually played airsoft since 2004 but wants very much to tell you about his time in the TA. 

2 minutes ago, jcheeseright said:

Can tell you're new to this, still so much hope and idealism!

Both sites will be run at minimum cost for maximum profit with unpaid player marshals that don't care and one 'head marshal' who hasn't actually played airsoft since 2004 but wants very much to tell you about his time in the TA. 

Not totally new, been playing weekly for about 6 months, im hoping they will run it right, bout all you can do really.

Guest StrategyBish

There is also Skirmish paintball in Exeter, it is all woodland based with walk on days every other weekend. not woodland based but it is good for a pew pew, the Facebook group is pretty packed with players also.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mad Mommas is a really good site, with a quality bunch who play there. 

Im gutted I moved too far away from there to play there anymore. Highly recommend it. And I hope I get the opportunity to play there again sometime. 

Archived