Under 18 face pro

Oneshotonekill
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello everyone I have recently been down to my airsoft sight and I didn’t realise I’m under 18 and I had a balaclava on,daisy ballistic glasses and a mk6 helmet but it’s has to cover your teeth from getting shot out. And under 18s have to have that so I got caught and I was thinking what to get to cover all scenarios. Sniping,close,aiming down scopes and them sorts of things. Now I saw them dye switch mask and the fma masks. Now I snip a lot.would they be good. I have looked at them mesh masks but it scratches the paint off of my custom paintjob that I do everytime before I go and then it just feels weird. Are Them slim paintball masks any good or not. Please reply ASAP as going airsofting soon so go to get things orderd. If there is anything Better like neoprene masks etc please suggests cheers George 

• Supporters

If you're in a hurry and worried about Eyepro, just use a rental pair from your site when you go to play. I'm sure the managers would be happy to let you use them.

Personally I hate masks. It was part of the reason I got out of Paintball. I had a pair of Dye i4s as a result so I used them for Airsoft too. They were great for that time but I got rid of them as soon as I turned 18.

Aiming down sights is difficult and you'll have to tilt your head which feels unatural unless you use a rail riser, so just be aware of this when playing.

If sniping is your role good luck trying with a mask on.

• Supporters
6 hours ago, Oneshotonekill said:

I didn’t realise I’m under 18

Did you mis-count? <_<

Have a look at OneTigris masks.  They're mesh in front but fabric at the sides to allow you to get closer to the stock.

Daisy glasses don't appear (on a brief Google) to make any claims about actual ballistic performance, and specifically they don't claim to be up to EN166.  I'd put a test shot into them before trusting them.

On 10/26/2017 at 1:47 AM, Oneshotonekill said:

I didn’t realise I’m under 18 

On 10/26/2017 at 7:54 AM, Rogerborg said:

Did you mis-count? <_<.

Sig worthy :lol:

Hi guys I think I have put this already up but I don’t know but what face pro can under 18s wear that is full face. I like to aim down sights and stuff like that but can you under 18s wear a shemagh,neopreme mask etc. 

Cheers george 

• Supporters

Entirely up to your local site and their liability insurer.  There's no graven-in-stone law on it, which made me chuckle when the safety announcement at my local site did actually proclaim that "It's the law". :rolleyes:

One Tigris face masks look like a decent compromise between protection and sight-friendliness.

• Head Moderator
1 hour ago, Oneshotonekill said:

Hi guys I think I have put this already up but I don’t know but what face pro can under 18s wear that is full face.

I have merged this with your earlier topic (this has a better and more useful title)

• Head Moderator

Full face would be a one piece mask, i.e. Dye i4 paintball mask or black bear mesh mask. Have a read of this pinned (sticky) post:

Or a two part set-up of a lower mesh face guard and goggles which provide protection that a shamagh or neoprene cannot.

On 28/10/2017 at 9:38 PM, Jedi_Master said:

Full face would be a one piece mask, i.e. Dye i4 paintball mask or black bear mesh mask. Have a read of this pinned (sticky) post:

Or a two part set-up of a lower mesh face guard and goggles which provide protection that a shamagh or neoprene cannot.

Nearly all sites I have been too insist on ONE piece face protection rather than eye pro and a lower for the yoof...

On 28/10/2017 at 5:23 PM, Rogerborg said:

One Tigris face masks look like a decent compromise between protection and sight-friendliness.

I have an unbranded knockoff of the One Tigris masks, bought it when I was first going to The Mall as I didn't fancy a hefty bill from my dentist to have all my teeth put back in. I used it for all of 5 minutes and found I couldn't look down any of my sights with it so quickly gave up and decided to just not get shot in the teeth instead. All full/half face masks are terrible, I even find most goggles to be too bulky for looking down sights well and go for minimalist shooting glasses instead.

I cant be more help to OP sadly as all full face masks Ive tried have been utterly terrible for looking precisely down sights like sniping would require, I've yet to see a single sniper player using a full face mask probably for this exact reason. Perhaps if you had some high mount scope rings and a rail riser you might be able to lift the sight up high enough to overcome the mask problem... but it would look wierd. Also you could wrap the stock where your cheek rubs the paintwork with some neoprene or other similar material to make a cheek rest and protect the paint.

• Supporters

Well, I can't really refute that as I've raised my sight.   I might still try a OneTigris or clone (got a link or keywords?) anyway just for variety.

Archived