Help with WE M92.

DonLykeB
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys,

Just recently got my WE M92 GBB. Works fine but just a general question. Recently when the slide goes forward (after releasing it when it’s stuck back e.g. when the mag is finished) It makes this sorta metallic banging noise. It never used to do this, it isn’t so loud just subtle. Also I l’m not 100% sure but I guess it ‘feels’ a bit weaker when it slides forward too. The shooting hasn’t been affected but I’m worried I’m causing the gun unneccesary wear and tear. Does anybody have a clue what it might be or should I not worry about it? These things are honestly so subtle so it might not be an issue at all just the gun ‘breaking in’. 

Many Thanks Everyone! 

Hi mate, it's hard to say without looking at the gun. But take the slide off and your see a screw at the rear which holds the blowback unit in, make sure that screw is fully tight, if it's loose it can catch on the hammer and make your slide stick.. 

ATB Marc 

Hi and thanks for the reply mate!

Taken the gun apart now. No obvious signs of wear. I’ll post a few photos below. I also forgot to mention it only started happening when I took the gun apart for the first time to clean/ relube. That might mean something I’m not sure. Anyways I’ve made sure the screw is tight. Thanks alot!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

No problem mate, just keep an eye on that screw I see it cause slide sticking in a lot of cases, also if your not using it already, put a tiny bit of moly grease (molybdenum grease) such as Abbey or Bisley on the slide rails and frame rails, it lasts much longer and works much better then a silicone based lube/oil, (do not use a silicone grease)  another good grease to use is tetra gun grease which is a lithium based gun grease. 

ATB Marc 

Archived