New player near Cambridge

AndyDynamic
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi everyone,

I've caught the Airsoft bug, had my first game at Urban Assault in September, and going for my second in late November. I want to attend a lot more, commitments withstanding.

I've bought my own gear already - two tone of course - just so I can tweak it to my preference. I loved my first game, it was absolutely knackering and enjoyed every minute! Bought a single grenade and used it to take out a bunker full of players, and got some decent kills in over the course of the day. Met some great people too who I'm hoping to see again.

If anyone would like to team up, I'd jump at the chance!

Cheers

Andy

• Supporters

Welcome! Grenade kills are always the best.

• Head Moderator

Welcome :).

• Moderators

welcome, another from Cambs :)....soon we will take over the board! haha

i play, as profile, at Urban occasionally, next game will be the 25th Nov, UKARA renewal game :)

Also play at Tuddenham (gunman and Team Green), thats a nice site to try, mix of small scale urban and woodland

You gonna be there on the 25th?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there

Another new player here from cambs, I played my first game at Upwood last weekend and loved every second of it! Treated myself to a few grenades too ; )

I'll be there on the 25th.

• Moderators

Cool, still looking likely I’ll be there next week but I’ll message you nearer the time to confirm 

Tuddenham is about 50 min from mine so I shall have to check that out sometime too. Nice to know there's a couple of sites nearby and by the looks of it some local players.

• Moderators

Tuddenham is a nice site to play at, mix of woodland and urban. Now the weather is 'turning', it will be more around the village....

try a Team Green game day ;) 

Team Green? Tell me more :)

Just looked up Team green website, looks like a lot of fun going on there!

Welcome :)

I'm a little south of you near Bedford. Shame you missed Cottenham - it was a RIFT site that closed recently. Great place to play.

Hi Ash 

That's sad to hear. I'm new to this sport and hoping as many sites stay open as possible. Are you heading to Upwood next week? 

• Moderators
6 hours ago, AshOnSnow said:

Welcome :)

I'm a little south of you near Bedford. Shame you missed Cottenham - it was a RIFT site that closed recently. Great place to play.

Why did that happen??, it was 5mins down the road for me and ive never been able to get there due to clashes with days :(

• Moderators
11 hours ago, Markuz said:

Team Green? Tell me more :)

Just looked up Team green website, looks like a lot of fun going on there!

yeah there days are great, even the night games!

Generally Tuddenham is a nice site to play at so worth a trip. Gunman filmsim games are good as well, better than the general skirmish days :)

2 hours ago, djben9 said:

Why did that happen??, it was 5mins down the road for me and ive never been able to get there due to clashes with days :(

Landowners didn't want airsoft being played anymore.

I'm curious to try some of this out. I've been watching various YouTube videos milsim and skirmish. Both appeal to me.

Ordered some more kit and tinkering with the gear that I have. You really start to get an idea what you need or not once you've played some games.  And I'm sure it'll be an ongoing process. Styling it on British army mtp. Osprey mk2 etc. I stripped a lot of the gear off of it as I got loads of stuff when I bought it. 

• Moderators

yeah then the next game you'll change it all and have boxes of unused stuff in the loft!! haha

I only seem to wear ATACS AU at UA but everywhere else i mix it up a bit..... :) 

• Moderators
1 hour ago, AshOnSnow said:

Landowners didn't want airsoft being played anymore.

Probably the neighbours complaining?.....it is quiet down there! 

in fact i may go for a drive down there now and rev the engine a bit! :D

• 1 year later...
  • Supporters
5 minutes ago, Oscar said:

Hi i'm a newbie from cambridge too. 

Where abouts in Cambridge?

Archived