UPS collection point - getting blanks from JD Airsoft

Shaun Haynes
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Just ordered up trmr from jd airsoft  just done it  on UPS collection point to save on delivery.  How does it work  when I item arrives am I  given a code that I give when I  pick up? 

couldn't order blanks with it and be able to do a  collection point so  I'm also getting a timed   or impact dynatex  (as can t find a trmr multi shot base  in stock anywhere)  most likely  from socom  or airsoft world with some 209 blanks  and will be delivered to my mums work place.  Will she need to show Id in order to sign for them or as I'm the person ordering will I need to sign for them? Nor sure where the  legal line is 

Any collection you need the recipients ID. I often send my son with my passport.

• Supporters

Yup, they'll want to see your ID.  Depending on who you're buying from and how you're paying, they may not be minded to send to an address other than the one associated with your method of payment, but you'll have to suck that and see.

Something to watch out for is that UPS tells me that items have been "delivered" to my local collection point when they're still on the way, so I wouldn't rush down there when you get the message.

I still prefer it as a delivery option though, as the missus can't see what I'm spending the kid's inheritance on. ;)

23 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Yup, they'll want to see your ID.  Depending on who you're buying from and how you're paying, they may not be minded to send to an address other than the one associated with your method of payment, but you'll have to suck that and see.

Something to watch out for is that UPS tells me that items have been "delivered" to my local collection point when they're still on the way, so I wouldn't rush down there when you get the message.

I still prefer it as a delivery option though, as the missus can't see what I'm spending the kid's inheritance on. ;)

Yeah there was that too.  Plus found that jd should have the multi shot bases in stock soon and  that there shooting shop near me sells the blanks so it's win win really now

• Supporters

More tactical flexibility, sure. I already have TRMR and a timed grenade though.  Now I just need to stop fragging myself with them...

But at £30 for a 3-shot base vs (current price) £85 for another TRMR it's a tempting proposition.  The tri-shot base is one reason why I went TRMR rather than for a cheaper Dynatex impact, but by the time I'd tried out the TRMR and decided that yes, I definitely would benefit from being able to bang more, the last of the bases were out of stock everywhere. :(

On 28/10/2017 at 5:31 PM, Rogerborg said:

More tactical flexibility, sure. I already have TRMR and a timed grenade though.  Now I just need to stop fragging myself with them...

But at £30 for a 3-shot base vs (current price) £85 for another TRMR it's a tempting proposition.  The tri-shot base is one reason why I went TRMR rather than for a cheaper Dynatex impact, but by the time I'd tried out the TRMR and decided that yes, I definitely would benefit from being able to bang more, the last of the bases were out of stock everywhere. :(

Yeah  and everyone knows when there due in a jd so they probs sell out so quick  as they go online.  Did think about getting a timed to run long side it.

• Supporters

The timed does give more options - bouncing round a corner, rolling along the floor, soft surfaces.

But the TRMR is just so much faster and easier to use that it's my go-to.  The twist-to-arm - and crucially, twist-to-safe - is worth the price of admission, I believe.  You can hold it ready (and then put it away) more often than you might do if you had to commit to pulling a pin.

What looks to be the actual manufacturer, Concept Tactical, have a "Lorem ipsum" placeholder site so I imagine it's one bloke doing them as a homer on the side.  We must be patient like the sloth, then strike like the viper.

On 30/10/2017 at 9:28 AM, Rogerborg said:

The timed does give more options - bouncing round a corner, rolling along the floor, soft surfaces.

But the TRMR is just so much faster and easier to use that it's my go-to.  The twist-to-arm - and crucially, twist-to-safe - is worth the price of admission, I believe.  You can hold it ready (and then put it away) more often than you might do if you had to commit to pulling a pin.

What looks to be the actual manufacturer, Concept Tactical, have a "Lorem ipsum" placeholder site so I imagine it's one bloke doing them as a homer on the side.  We must be patient like the sloth, then strike like the viper.

Got it yesterday. Can t wait to give it a go at cqb in a couple of  weeks wish I'd ordered two now. 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Aengus said:

On a a side note would u18 be allowed to use a bfg at the depot?

Can't see it mentioned:

http://www.thedepotglasgow.com/site-information/age-restrictions/

http://www.thedepotglasgow.com/site-information/restricted-items/

I regress to mental age of about 12 when I've got a BFG in my paw. Does that count?

3 hours ago, Aengus said:

Doesn’t count you **** :angry:

On a a side note would u18 be allowed to use a bfg at the depot?

That would need to be clarified with the site

Even for traditional pyro there are different legal issues and age implications depending on the actual category of pyro

https://www.enolagaye.com/ce-marking-pyrotechnics-paintball-airsoft

For blank ammunition in a BFG the legal restriction is on the sale to over 18s only

Personaly though I would have different opinions on two individuals level of responsibility which isn’t directly related to age, I would avoid under 18s using pyro or BFGs on an event, but that would be going beyond the legal restrictions depending on the acutal item. Sites will also need to comply with their insurance requirements which would be in conjunction with a risk assessment.  A person over 18 might not be any more ‘responsible’ than a 17 year old, but they can be held legally responsible and accountable 

• Head Moderator

Law is over 18 to buy pyrotechnics. This is same as law for sale of fireworks.

https://www.gov.uk/fireworks-the-law You can’t buy ‘adult’ fireworks if you’re under 18, and it’s against the law for anyone to set off fireworks between 11pm and 7am, except on certain occasions.

Each site will have a rule on age permitted to use pyro, I expect based on insurance, but I have only been to sites where only over 18 can use it.  I believe BFGs count.  More importantly is site insurance because if you throw a BFG and injure someone then you are held responsible and could be sued.

Archived