How to adjust the front sights of CM16 Raider CQB?

Jurgens_SA
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

So I bought myself a G&G Combat Machine to get started into airsoft and it's great. The problem is that I don't know how to adjust the front sight, as the bbs are shooting high for the sights with the hop properly adjusted.

I was just wondering if anyone knew how to fix this or suggest another solution.

I guess it's the standard m4 sight, the one mounted directly onto the barrel that also acts as a gas block.

There should be a tool for that..

If it's a a standard M4 front sight, you need an adjustment tool. They should be easier to get a hold of than they actually are, especially with so many people using M4s for Airsoft. Airsoft places don't seem to stock them (probably because nobody bothers adjusting their sights much for something as inaccurate as Airsoft), so you'll need to get it from a gunsmith (who also don't tend to stock them since even among shooters, people in the U.K. aren't generally a target market for AR15s), or online from somewhere like brownells. Probably get them off eBay too.

https://www.brownells.co.uk/AR-15-A2-Front-Sight-Tool-4-Prong-DPMS-749000641

The front sight post is fixed with a screw, and should look like this:

https://www.brownells.co.uk/WebRoot/MediaDefinition/userdocs/skus/l_231000128_1_l.jpg

The four prongs on the wrench fit into the 4 grooves on the post. You need these prongs to push down a locking pin which is set on a spring and prevents the sight from turning.

Thanks to everyone who replied. 

The AEG is a CM16 Raider CQB variant that I am currently firing .2g bbs out of (planning on upping the weight soon). I will have a look at getting either a red dot or a sight adjuster from brownells as I haven't been able to find them anywhere else.

If I was planning on buying a set of flip up sights (looking at G&G RIS rail sights at the moment), would I still need to use a front sight adjuster tool?

17 hours ago, Jurgens_SA said:

The AEG is a CM16 Raider CQB variant that I am currently firing .2g bbs out of (planning on upping the weight soon). I will have a look at getting either a red dot or a sight adjuster from brownells as I haven't been able to find them anywhere else.

If I was planning on buying a set of flip up sights (looking at G&G RIS rail sights at the moment), would I still need to use a front sight adjuster tool?

If you go down the flip up sights, you will need to remove the existing front sight. Some G&Gs don't allow for this, as they are permanently fixed to the barrel. If you do, you will need a gas block.

I took the front sight off my M4 and replaced it with this:

http://www.actionhobbies.co.uk/D-Boys-S-System-Front-Flip-Up-Sight_A136C3.aspx#.WfMfcLHTWhA

For the rear, I replaced the sight/carry handle with a Magpul PTS Mbus.

• Supporters
On 26/10/2017 at 7:02 PM, Jurgens_SA said:

Don't bother trying to adjust the front sight post, it's fixed. Adjust the far easier to operate rear sight instead.

Archived