Gun picture thread

M_P

11 minutes ago, alxndrhll said:

Had too much time to myself today for the first time in forever, got bored and gave the NGRS the same treatment as the MWS. Looking forward to it getting worn in, magnifier/mount not painted because I’ve barely used them since buying them so toying with selling and that’s a lot of ££ worth RS of mount that painting would hit the resale value of should I decide to.

CD7F0224-49B1-4AA7-89B7-860B998467F6.thumb.jpeg.6fab4e4c916c67d7b2277b8d21f3298d.jpeg

FFA4976B-1824-44F2-B9D2-743B00144B10.thumb.jpeg.6411f70f55b850fcc0d92e7111b238bc.jpeg

Looks fantastic except for what do you see when you look through the magnifier??

Edit: just re read, you have the mount but haven't fitted it because you haven't painted it, right?

Edited by MAX DICKER

3 minutes ago, MAX DICKER said:

Looks fantastic except for what do you see when you look through the magnifier??

Edit: just re read, you have the mount but haven't fitted it because you haven't painted it, right?

Nah, it’s all on there it’s just in the ‘stowed’ position. Because the Unity mount sits so high their mag mount has room to stow beneath the optic rather than off to the side. Just keeps everything nice and streamlined.

This is what it looks like flicked up ready to use.

8CF061A6-CEA2-4F1D-9BCF-9C468A766F35.thumb.jpeg.dfbf8bfa27ff6a0e8f6f6494382556dd.jpeg

33 minutes ago, alxndrhll said:

Nah, it’s all on there it’s just in the ‘stowed’ position. Because the Unity mount sits so high their mag mount has room to stow beneath the optic rather than off to the side. Just keeps everything nice and streamlined.

This is what it looks like flicked up ready to use.

8CF061A6-CEA2-4F1D-9BCF-9C468A766F35.thumb.jpeg.dfbf8bfa27ff6a0e8f6f6494382556dd.jpeg

That's actually sweet as F.

This’ll be me done spamming the thread for now. Found a repro RC can while looking for something else so got that sprayed up as well (and modded a tracer to pop in there). Then looked at the MWS propped up against the wall and had a sudden ‘I guess I like what I like’ moment.

Reject modernity, embrace tradition.

Embrace both.

758B325D-E717-4110-B48B-36147C6EDACA.thumb.jpeg.56a3001bd9963d69da7da1fabceafd0e.jpeg

Spiderman Meme GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Edited by alxndrhll

Guest Mr. No_Face
37 minutes ago, alxndrhll said:

This’ll be me done spamming the thread for now. Found a repro RC can while looking for something else so got that sprayed up as well (and modded a tracer to pop in there). Then looked at the MWS propped up against the wall and had a sudden ‘I guess I like what I like’ moment.

Reject modernity, embrace tradition.

Embrace both.

758B325D-E717-4110-B48B-36147C6EDACA.thumb.jpeg.56a3001bd9963d69da7da1fabceafd0e.jpeg

Spiderman Meme GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Nice that's turned out pretty badass. Unlike this abomination I found.

C2B1F61A-79F6-4016-983E-9BBCEAAABAA9.jpeg

Man, I'd love to know what was going through the mind of the "Picasso" who shit this monstrosity out. The culprit behind this should be given nothing less than 5 to 10 years.

Guest Mr. No_Face
Just now, Wavey_Gravey said:

Hahah get a life you wanker.

Oh it's yours??..........Damn. Didn't know.

3 minutes ago, Mr. No_Face said:

Oh it's yours??..........Damn. Didn't know.

Trying to prove your internet worth by trying to belittle an old person is quite sad.

My 3 year old painted that red dot if you’ve not been sad enough to scroll that back far through my posts 😊

Guest Mr. No_Face
7 hours ago, Wavey_Gravey said:

Trying to prove your internet worth by trying to belittle an old person is quite sad.

My 3 year old painted that red dot if you’ve not been sad enough to scroll that back far through my posts 😊

The backstory was a tear jerker but kinda unnecessary. I just said it looks like a monstrosity.  Didn't need the history behind why it looks trash.

I mean for Christ sake the pistol grip looks a mess too.

18 hours ago, JimFromHorsham said:

anyone got a good source for officer sized grips ? 

Getting good 1911 grips in the UK seems near impossible to be honest. Even more so for non-government sized models.

I've seen some officer sizes for sale on Brownells (example), and I'm also currently working with Navidrex (homepage - US based; supplies grips to Brownells UK) on a set of custom made-to-order wood grips. Its around $20 for a custom set of hand checkered grips so pretty affordable. Shipping costs more than the grips though..

Fingers crossed that UPS doesn't muck up the shipping but otherwise Navidrex was really good with accommodating custom options so check them out.

This is a standard Navidrex set sold on Brownells (colour is a bit darker with ~10 coats of tung oil). I'm pretty sure they can make something like this in officer size from scratch.

IMG_9902.thumb.jpg.f5c732858297bea8d694b8904650d86b.jpgIMG_9899.thumb.jpg.ec8fabb1d87e7963fa42f8290379c059.jpg

Edited by frontsight

• Supporters
17 hours ago, alxndrhll said:

It's certainly not the worst take on Rhodesian baby poop I've ever seen.

Pretty close ?

Guest Mr. No_Face
5 hours ago, Wavey_Gravey said:

Cool, thanks for your input, the BCM grip has now changed, wasn’t as tacticool as your FAB one so I felt like I should try and keep up.

Enjoy your day, bone daddy.

Hey no problem man. Just a tip, you might want to keep your RIF in safe instead of semi too. 

• Supporters
10 hours ago, Mr. No_Face said:

The backstory was a tear jerker but kinda unnecessary. I just said it looks like a monstrosity.  Didn't need the history behind why it looks trash.

To be fair a sad back story does warrant a wee bit of leniency but not a lot of baring on wether something gets a negative critique or not when it’s posted up in the public domain . it’s like when you get someone on a tv no talent show and they truck out a sad story of how they grew up on their own living in a discarded biscuit tin because their father ran away with the next doors neighbours granny , their mother died of the mange and the ambulance taking her to hospital ran over the dog as it pulled away ! But soon as they open their mouth they sound like someone strangling a cat 😖 really sad story but don’t change the fact they can’t sing does it ?

Agreed. Whether there's a tagic story behind it or not, that sight looks fucking gopping 

1 hour ago, Mr. No_Face said:

Hey no problem man. Just a tip, you might want to keep your RIF in safe instead of semi too. 

With it being an MWS I dare say it safer as is, given that it won’t go into safe unless it’s cocked… as I imagine you know. But I’m now lost in some weird internet argument giving actual reasoning for something, so more the fool me I guess.

As you have an MWS too, you should know that you’ll need to cock it to be put into safe.

Drop the hammer and leave it stowed in semi 👍🏻

Edited by Wavey_Gravey

Guest Mr. No_Face
51 minutes ago, alxndrhll said:

With it being an MWS I dare say it safer as is, given that it won’t go into safe unless it’s cocked… as I imagine you know. But I’m now lost in some weird internet argument giving actual reasoning for something, so more the fool me I guess.

I already know this. I'd argue against it being safer too. You're also giving him the benefit of the doubt......

41 minutes ago, Wavey_Gravey said:

As you have an MWS too, you should know that you’ll need to cock it to be put into semi.

Dont leave it stowed in safe 👍🏻

Assuming that trigger isn't in neutral right lol? Looks to be in a neutral position to me. Looks like you probably fired it, removed the mag and neglected to run any safety percussion then captured your negligence in 4K with that snapshot. Maybe I'm wrong........😒 

But one thing we can all unequivocally agree on, is that this RIG is an embarrassment.

I mean any man silly enough to waltz around with an MWS that looks like that, probably is a few clowns short of a circus.

Edited by Mr. No_Face

Might be me as a new user not understanding the culture here but why is there so much passive aggressive drama on these forums?

I get disagreeing on stuff since it's all personal taste after all, but these weird passive aggressive posts kinda makes me cringe. Makes me think that it might draw away users on an already pretty small community.

End of the day we're just a bunch of dumbasses playing with toy guns. I mean there's a pink p90 just a few pages back ffs... 🤷‍♂️

And don't anyone dare disagree with me, I know what I'm talking about.

TIER ONE BABY

Guest Mr. No_Face
6 minutes ago, frontsight said:

Might be me as a new user not understanding the culture here but why is there so much passive aggressive drama on these forums?

I get disagreeing on stuff since it's all personal taste after all, but these weird passive aggressive posts kinda makes me cringe. Makes me think that it might draw away users on an already pretty small community.

End of the day we're just a bunch of dumbasses playing with toy guns. I mean there's a pink p90 just a few pages back ffs... 🤷‍♂️

And don't anyone dare disagree with me, I know what I'm talking about.

TIER ONE BABY

Don't look too deep in it. Most of us on here are helpful and nice haha. I just don't like wavey gravey very much and cease any opportunity to rib this guy lol. It's nothing serious. Just lads trolling each other.

Edited by Mr. No_Face

Guest Mr. No_Face
2 minutes ago, frontsight said:

You're telling me I read the situation wrong? How dare you. I have exceptional situational awareness and that never happens

😆 yeah we're just ribbing each other. I mean what do you think of this rig dude? Honestly, disregarding the politics behinds it's ill-begotten creation.

C2B1F61A-79F6-4016-983E-9BBCEAAABAA9.jpeg

Assuming that trigger isn't in neutral right lol? Looks to be in a neutral position to me. Looks like you probably fired it, removed the mag and neglected to run any safety percussion then captured your negligence in 4K with that snapshot. Maybe I'm wrong........😒

Rifle is stowed that way, mag out, hammer dropped in semi.

Perfectly safe skull boi.