Gun picture thread

M_P

ok just didnt understand the refrence are trijcon agogs good and whats peoples opinions on pmags

hopefully going to "pimp my gun" and upload a pic soon

also does anyone have any recomendations for camo to do for my gun

ps i play in a woodland and brush skirmishes.

Depends on the make of PMAG to go for really. The genuine ones are £20 each and a fantastic. The Green label and BETA project ones are meant to be good and are far cheaper.

Please don't "pimp" your gun....customise it. ;)

and camo............................my latest one.

8752B38A-F82F-4E54-9D36-59A6AE003AFB-4260-000003AC8EB82631_zps86a3f561.jpg

• Supporters

That mag is pretty, Junior. Are you going to do a whole AK like that?

PS can I pm you to pick your brains for help when i come to paint my G36?

green label pmags are garbage, avoid them.

Didnt you sell me some? :lol:

That mag is pretty, Junior. Are you going to do a whole AK like that?

PS can I pm you to pick your brains for help when i come to paint my G36?

Not painting the whole AK like this as i have just painted it like this:

1CFCAA47-B9BF-4671-AF85-6AE4599CAF5E-4038-0000039268724B4C_zps8f226f20.jpg

Literally took 10mins!

and yeah cause you can.

...Real trijicons sell for £1000 new...

thats why i was slightly confused... XD

Hi all

Not quite a picture of an M4 but it's the body of a G&G raider I had left over, so I thought I'd have a little go with my airbrush and new air-compresser today, just used what paints I had in my paint box, greens, sands, tans, and a slight bit of red.Pictures look a bit bright cos I had the flash on, also I masked the G&G trades.

post-4404-0-51363100-1364058297_thumb.jpg

post-4404-0-92829100-1364058400_thumb.jpg

post-4404-0-84373300-1364058513_thumb.jpg

post-4404-0-98808700-1364058727_thumb.jpg

post-4404-0-37043600-1364058877_thumb.jpg

• Supporters

Quite like that mate!

+1

Sort of ATACS meets Flecktarn! I think the masking could have been better. Maybe clear tape and a scalpel to conform to the trades very closely, or a plain circle perhaps.

• Supporters

I don't have a photo, but I thought this was the most appropriate place to say that...

My L85 lives!

New gears fit and work fine, they're a 1:26 ratio... Or it might be 1:28 I forget. But they should ensure I can pull heavier springs, up to m180s if the label on the box is to be believed. So when I do get the L86 as a DMR project, I can just drop this gearbox right into it to save upgrading it. I think the standard gears are a 1:18, but these new ones are helical. Gun definitely sounds different now, not sure if it's quieter as some people claim of helical gears.

The new cylinder head I've got fits fine, for anyone that's interested it's a V2 type, air compression is the same as it was. The shape of the inside of it kinda negates the effect of my LPE air brake piston head, but it still fits in there and works so I figure I might as well stick with it. Shame the pole on the front isn't longer, I could probably make the gun practically silent.

New air nozzle (V2 again) does fit, but it's slightly too long, so it blocks the feeding tube. For the time being I've switched back to the stock air nozzle, but I'll be ordering a sector gear delay chip once I find one, which ought to ensure the tappet plate is pulled back further, meaning the air nozzle will travel back enough to allow BBs into the hop chambre, then I ought to get better compression.

So in short, it's all hunky dory! All that remains is to take it all down tomorrow and give it a good hard clean, re-grease it, and then test it in daylight to make sure it's shooting as well as it was, test the fps at the next skirmish I go to and then it'll just be a case of keeping tabs on it, making sure the pinion gear doesn't come loose or shred itself again.

Quite pleased with myself. ^_^

Just wish Contour would hurry the shit up and send me a new bloody lens so I can film the game next week at Tac House: Spartan...

Might just use the lens kit despite them not fitting right... I'll lose the water proofing but at least I'll be able to use the camera. Might have to do some tests. I'd feel I had to double lens it to properly protect the actual lens, but there'd be a gap between the two lens covers, which will likely (knowing my luck) cause a load of annoying light refraction issues...

• Supporters

That's good news, Ed. My King Kong Burst Wizard has arrived so there's nothing I can use as an excuse for further procrastination over my G36 rebuild. Hopefully ready for Tac House too...

not sure which ones those are? the first stick mag i got had a completely different connector to the hopup and wasnt useable. (some chinese cheap thing) those stick mags are the king arms Thompson ones and very little problems with them. in fact id recommend them over the drum mag any day, nearly hold as much ammo(420 compared to 500) easier to carry etc. there's a little movement but then id guess there would be in such an old design of weapon. not good for lefty's do to placement of mag release(catches and releases mag very easily. if you wanted i could possibly do a vid showing how well the mags compare in it?

also ill throw in this pic to show ya the main problem with the drum mag, soo much wasted space for the size. was easily able to modify it myself to tak ea few hundred extra rounds and balance it a bit better...

581719_10151261889100686_891506446_n_zps86fb1991.jpg

Looks like a translation patch. The us guys had them in Iraq/Afghanistan

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/K/A/KA-AC-5150_MARK1.jpg

I thought mk18's had an fde ris?

MK18's do but this is a sopmod block 2 they dont have a specific colour to the ris

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters

It's not an LM4, check the bolt.