Gun picture thread

M_P

1 hour ago, JimFromHorsham said:

genuine ACOGS arent much better tbh .

I wouldn’t know, be pissed if I bought a real one and it was!

Makes even more sense why the real steel world is loving LPVOs

32 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

I wouldn’t know, be pissed if I bought a real one and it was!

Makes even more sense why the real steel world is loving LPVOs

most prism style scopes are around half the eye relief of a conventional scope , there are a few exceptions , but really is a few . You won’t gain any more eye relief from a RS ACOG but the optical clarity , build quality etc is obviously a step up 👍🏼

• Supporters
On 26/03/2023 at 16:56, Herrgh said:

*snip*

Must cut the Shadowfoam...

An elegant weapon, for a more civilised age.

Couple Qs; is the dust cover the RS Magpul one?  Also, did it start life as one of these?  'Cause frankly I am well jel.  Man I remember 'all good retailers' getting those in back in.. early-mid 2010s?  Was in the latter part of PTS having the Magpul license I think.  If I were to guess, it was a potentially way of using up excess items that didn't sell as well separately.  I already had/have guns that are sadly too similar for it to make sense for me to buy one, but man seeing that today was cool as hell haha, very nice.  That aesthetic took off like a rocket just a couple years after I started and was the thing for a solid stretch, I've still got almost everything I purchased from that time I like it that much.

Jim's quite right, both real and airsoft ACOGs (and the SUSAT) require your eye to be bloody close, I'd also lose the BUIS personally, the one on the gas block might well go rather melty on a real gun (I know, I know) and then you can get the ACOG to the place it needs to be.

4 hours ago, Davegolf said:

[Pictures]

We need green guns to make a comeback and dethrone the black/tan two tone zeitgeist.

3 hours ago, TheFull9 said:

Couple Qs; is the dust cover the RS Magpul one?

Yes.

Also, did it start life as one of these?  'Cause frankly I am well jel.

Good eye, yes it did! (Here is an alternative link if the one above doesn't work for people as it didn't for me.)

GP-AEG046DE.jpg

I purchased it originally from EHobbyAsia in June 2013. It cost me $364.80USD. I really love the look of it - the mid-length barrel combined with a full length M203 just looks really kino to me. And yes, all the tan Magpul parts were made by PTS during their official partnership, and are probably quite rare these days.

I started switching over to Olive Drab furniture as I gradually stopped wearing Multicam gear. I never found any kosher Magpul PTS bits in olive drab, so mixed and matched with RS Magpul and PTS parts;

The ACS stock, rifle-length handguard, and front BUIS are all RS Magpul. The rear BUIS is (I think) "old new" Magpul PTS stock from Firesupport. The motor grip and magazines are contemporary PTS-make, and luckily the Magpul design aesthetic is still very much in PTS's DNA despite the partnership with Magpul being over for a very long time. The M203 grip and ACOG are spray painted with Olive Drab Krylon, again from Firesupport.

Jim's quite right, both real and airsoft ACOGs (and the SUSAT) require your eye to be bloody close, I'd also lose the BUIS personally, the one on the gas block might well go rather melty on a real gun (I know, I know) and then you can get the ACOG to the place it needs to be.

I've shifted the rear BUIS forward so the ACOG sits behind it, and it all fits quite comfortably on the top rail without interfering with the charging handle. Luke/Negative Airsoft did mention that the front BUIS atop G&G railed gas-block did cause some consternation with his viewers, but admitted that there was nowhere else to put it. I love how it looks and how I can flatten the iron sights for use with any red dot or other sight, like Old Snake's M4 Custom from MGS4.

image.png.37a67bdeda1ecf727f5f5cb7cf223541.png

I do want to have a magnified optic though, and am willing to ditch the ACOG for anything with better eye relief as long as it's not an LVPO (cos they look too much like a sniper's scope in my opinion).

25 minutes ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

ACOG is looking good on that... :)

It was a cheapo one I got for £80, it does the job though. Shame the real ones cost insanity money.

@Herrgh 

I know you said no LPVO … but something like a Vortex crossfire 1-4x24 would look great ( maybe spray the mount/mounts olive ) , these arent much more money really than a top end ACOG replica (uk price) and you’d have an absolute bulletproof (pun intended) warranty for life too , even if it got shot out they’d replace it :) . At x1 you can use it both eyes open like a red dot and at x4 gives you that bit more reach like the ACOG would . Also not much bigger than an ACOG , twice the eye relief and you could leave your BUIS in place .

just a thought !

Edited by JimFromHorsham

• Supporters
20 hours ago, mightyjebus said:

On my screen it looks very grey/blue..not quite justbbguns blue bu...aww forget it.....

IT'S CLEARLY GOLD! ARE YOU BLIND!

On 29/03/2023 at 18:50, JimFromHorsham said:

@Herrgh 

I know you said no LPVO … but something like a Vortex crossfire 1-4x24 would look great <snip> .

just a thought !

How is the illuminated dot in the 1-4x24? I have heard it is pretty dim compared to regular T1 type red dots?

13 minutes ago, SSPKali said:

How is the illuminated dot in the 1-4x24? I have heard it is pretty dim compared to regular T1 type red dots?

it’s not as bright because it’s half / one third the size but luckily you have a big thick black cross to help you find the middle 😛 

Edited by JimFromHorsham

A few modifications to a KWA Vector

Gen2 trigger

Copy HB Industries selectors

1/4 throw safety barrel

M-Lok side rails

genuine KRISS hand stop and BUIS

TM thread protector from an FNX45, and the sling hook removed

F8FF5EB1-C190-4126-B46B-202113AD75FF.jpeg

21 minutes ago, MILITATED said:

Strike Industries TM MWS completed(?)

Might experiment with a small red dot or something, but I can't see it changing much more than that. Started in March last year! Time flies. Love how it turned out.

SIMWS3-1.thumb.jpg.67324bf2950e8656c14ebffb14c7849b.jpgSIMWS2.thumb.jpg.b45273e082e067b3addb13b7583ef0c7.jpg

20230401_191559.thumb.jpg.8234c225c02b95d4c0af7f3deb7e45a3.jpg

To match, also built a Strike Industries TM G17 (decided to not go with the EMG/G&P prebuilt one in the end). Waiting on a nicer red dot to arrive, but God knows when that will be.

20230327_120722.thumb.jpg.9e32d0883819b8003efd048fa7ff86e1.jpg20230327_125829.thumb.jpg.4c6bbe42435cf630b46a66811bfb1e80.jpg

Make quite a nice pair!

Which bolt are you using in there?

Where did you get that receiver?