12 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

I bought one for my old man, as he had one in the RAF in the 50’s

62C2BA00-36D7-4542-8731-FD4E46000A2D.jpeg

I expect to see him on the skirmish field with it sometime soon😉

Latest purchase 

Had it out yesterday for an inaugural test run whilst marshalling 

Got it used and a reasonable deal

Seems to be completely TM standard fps, but with a stainless barrel

Am I right thinking from factory they have a brass barrel?

Needs a new hop rubber, but happily placing .28’s just past the 50m

35C45964-2FB4-4D44-A316-FF7DD06D0B26.thumb.jpeg.8155a048d78fd51f83a09a70f0cff0f9.jpeg

2 hours ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

Latest purchase 

Had it out yesterday for an inaugural test run whilst marshalling 

Got it used and a reasonable deal

Seems to be completely TM standard fps, but with a stainless barrel

Am I right thinking from factory they have a brass barrel?

Needs a new hop rubber, but happily placing .28’s just past the 50m

35C45964-2FB4-4D44-A316-FF7DD06D0B26.thumb.jpeg.8155a048d78fd51f83a09a70f0cff0f9.jpeg

My 416 had a brass barrel, so I assume this would too

My army armament g36 arrived today the magazine's my god they are heavy gotna feeling ill be losing a fair bit of weight on Sunday lugging around those on my kit.

PXL_20221031_144834624.jpg

13 minutes ago, SheriffHD said:

My army armament g36 arrived today the magazine's my god they are heavy gotna feeling ill be losing a fair bit of weight on Sunday lugging around those on my kit.

PXL_20221031_144834624.jpg

welcome to GBBR's , heavy mags are part of the fun ! 

30 minutes ago, Nick G said:

welcome to GBBR's , heavy mags are part of the fun ! 

Got a feeling I'm going to knock my self out running around with these on a chest rig. Guess I have to treat myself to a battle belt.

42 minutes ago, SheriffHD said:

Got a feeling I'm going to knock my self out running around with these on a chest rig. Guess I have to treat myself to a battle belt.

That'll work. Good call on 5 mags, I find that 5 mags and a speedloader last me an hours game easily. I tend to run my L119 most of the time but my G36 mags give about the same 2.5 BB fills to 1 gas fill . Encourages tactical play and single / double shots which I find very satisfying.

1 hour ago, Nick G said:

That'll work. Good call on 5 mags, I find that 5 mags and a speedloader last me an hours game easily. I tend to run my L119 most of the time but my G36 mags give about the same 2.5 BB fills to 1 gas fill . Encourages tactical play and single / double shots which I find very satisfying.

Did have 7 ordered but took few off because I realized I had no way of carrying the extra ones. After feeling how heavy my chest rig is now with everything on I'm.glad I choose only 5.

1 hour ago, SheriffHD said:

Did have 7 ordered but took few off because I realized I had no way of carrying the extra ones. After feeling how heavy my chest rig is now with everything on I'm.glad I choose only 5.

I have six for my MWS; three in my PC, two on the belt and one in the gun. Spreading the weight with a belt as you said will really help. Good luck with the brave new world of GBBRs! 

1 hour ago, Cannonfodder said:

I'm liking the rusted look of the second one, it really does look like it's been left in a muddy ditch for a year

Cheers. 😁 Took a lot of careful work to make it look that bad 🤣

Oh I appreciate the effort that goes into getting a decent looking weathered effect and how easy it is to mess up. Thats why I took the easier route with my AK and just didn't bother cleaning it