Gun picture thread

M_P

8 hours ago, AirsoftTed said:

@JimFromHorsham

Beautiful, always fancied a G3!

I always enjoy your posts - I don't suppose you have a family photo of all your RIFs?

thank you :) , no full family pic as that may be too much of a wake up call 😛 

I may do a few group shots though 👍🏼

Scorpion Evo all ready to roll for my first real skirmish with it. First time I used it got 5 mins before it died.

20220831_094429.thumb.jpg.5f09f475435d5ed5cfe0566f2c1325ef.jpg

Bought it fairly cheap a few months back. Upon inspection it had stripped teeth and the rack had pushed through the piston. Completely new to AEG it was my first 'see if I can figure out what I'm doing' project.

A new piston and 16:1 gear set along with new motor terminals have been installed. I gave shimming a go with understanding but no experience and it seems like I've done an ok job. Sounds pretty smooth when fired. Firing around 330 on .2 and 275 on .28 a little low but it's well within chrono for both weights so I'm fine with that. I now know this lil thing inside out as it was 99% dismantled so i could learn it in and out. Only thing i didn't remove was the mosfet and cut out lever. 

Overall happy with what i have learned and cant wait to try it out. Should be working sweet!

Edited by Khyber

On 12/09/2022 at 18:28, Darkmikey22 said:

Susat painted worn, painted and worn again to give it the built up look. 

Still some weathering to do. But 90% done now. pixlr_20220912182157708.thumb.jpg.2cd07971b46fa0fa0a068ec4620e7d98.jpg

I have to say I think you've overdone the weathering on that sight...  too much bare metal.   I searched for pics of SUSATs on operational guns... I didn't spot any good 'uns, as they mostly seem to be in good nick.
So surprisingly perhaps this one off the wikipedia page shows the most weathering, and it's still an awful lot less shiny than yours...

image.png.d3c29fe1a4527fd6c778c79e71ba4df7.png

• Supporters

I dunno how many SUSATs I've handled, lost count long ago, but that much paint missing is certainly possible.  If it was scuffed up before getting to theatre then used for months on that arid, gravelly terrain.. yeah.

6 minutes ago, TheFull9 said:

I dunno how many SUSATs I've handled, lost count long ago, but that much paint missing is certainly possible.  If it was scuffed up before getting to theatre then used for months on that arid, gravelly terrain.. yeah.

Fair enough, this office-chair warrior knows to shut up in the face of actual experience :)

... but... is there need to go so far when the rest of the gun looks so much tidier?  Apart from anything I'd worry so much shine is not very tactical!

8 minutes ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

Fair enough, this office-chair warrior knows to shut up in the face of actual experience :)

... but... is there need to go so far when the rest of the gun looks so much tidier?  Apart from anything I'd worry so much shine is not very tactical!

I think if you look closer, there is significant “wear” all over the rifle. I think it looks pretty darn on point tbh. 

5 hours ago, SBoardley said:

I think if you look closer, there is significant “wear” all over the rifle. I think it looks pretty darn on point tbh. 

Ahah, yeah on zooming in what looked like natural highlights are in fact nicely done wear marks, so indeed - the sight matches the gun - better than I thought.

(Ignore / forgive me, I was basically keeping myself busy whilst waiting to drive to the airport.   As you can see from the time now, it's been 'fun'.   I'm now about to do some extra work while I'm still wide awake (cheers caffeine) so I don't have to get up at the normal time)

Cheers guys. 

As for susat wear. As this is based on a 3 para 2008 afghan look, all the pics I've seen of the paras in that period have well worm susats. So am basically do a straight copy what was seen in theatre. 

pixlr_20220914091851220.jpg

Pee Dee W

Done for now, might upgrade to an Eotech but it fits nicely in my north face backpack I’ve had for years without having to separate the upper / lower which was the aim so I’m chuffed and not upset about sacking off the peli case.

5BDACB4C-0D6A-472F-8FDE-F01B9A6CCA48.thumb.jpeg.4fa8593a06adbd9fe47cecf75387dbec.jpeg

This, 5 mags and 6 TAG’s are literally all I take to game day now apart from safety stuff/chest rig.

TBH at this point I don’t know why I’m not just running a pistol 🙃