Gun picture thread

M_P

• Supporters
5 hours ago, Impulse said:

Going to a CQB game at a place with very low light levels in April. Whoever said AEPs can't be run as a primary ;)

Someone talking out of their arse ? 🤔

9 hours ago, Bert918 said:

Hi emilianoksa, I have only used it in the garden so can't say how it might perform in a skirmish. It has a nice feel to it, nice bit of weight as well but not too heavy,so far no problems either. Kickback is similar to other pistols, sorry I couldn't be a bit more in-depth for you.

Druid 799 😁, I want more (need) but have to be careful as the wife might just beat me about the head with one. But working on it 👍

Thanks Bert.

On 14/02/2022 at 22:14, emilianoksa said:

Are you happy with the ICS BM9?

There's still not much in the way of users' reviews on the web.

How does it compare to the other M9s in your collection?

I had one for a short period 2nd hand.. they’re ok at best. I did have a ND with one, I was pointing down range naturally however I never trusted it after that. 

I can’t remember the ins and outs of it at the moment but something to do with the safety and the slide being charged. 

Safe to say it moved on. 

I felt materials were ok at best.

38 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

So No2 son decided as he’s working and earning now he want a new gun that he paid for himself , I said have look on the forum anything like the look of and I can get it for you .

and he decided on a Cyma M14 (being sold by @Majestykthanks bud 👍) which I will admit really threw me , did think he’d go for something more modern BUT he is my son so he certainly doesn’t follow the rest of the sheep ! 😁

any hoo started out as a two-tone and after a few hrs of work on the stock now looks a bit better I think .

FDB419E5-5024-421C-A713-CCE348DC38FF.jpeg

3C5059A0-DA6E-43FB-8B16-1AD55A5762E5.jpeg

Lovely bit of work that!

• Supporters

Yep, he'll not be disappointed 👍

Decided to ‘Rhodie’ up the front end of the MP7.

Got the correct RALS made up and had a little painting session with 3 year old, which is always fun!

Now do I paint the whole thing 🤔

BE237A79-61B7-4018-BC76-4D760DD7A094.jpeg

Neither a full gun nor a picture. But something you'll probably never thought about or wished to see. A JLS RX4 Outer barrel getting some weight reduction on a lathe today. 

The JLS Outer Barrel is surprisingly made of very solid steel, as such, it is very front heavy. A buddy of mine has access to a lathe at work and shaved a few mm to cut it's weight down by a quarter. 

Annoyingly it is only Steel on the part of the outer barrel inside the receiver. Once it is external to the receiver they decided to epoxy a Zamac outer barrel extension to it (Which has oxidised due to age). Whyyyy?

image.thumb.png.29f6a58e348401552da2dbaf5201aa51.png

Edited by Asomodai

• Supporters
12 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

JLS RX4

D957474A-D067-454D-976D-E1A3B446D68B.jpeg

19 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

D957474A-D067-454D-976D-E1A3B446D68B.jpeg

Aye. Bought the last brand new one known in the world a couple of years ago from a shop in Denmark, 90 quid! I've never used it, but being NOS for well over a decade it was not in the best of shape internally when I received it. Haven't used it in anger; It's currently in bits and will hopefully be reassembled tonight with new air seal, gearset and motor parts. Ready for its first skirmish this weekend!

Edited by Asomodai

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Prolish said:

Thought I'd drop my Shughart M14 build on here. If anyone has a spare G&G stock going that has textured areas around the pistol grip and in front of the magazine well, i'd be keen to get it as the real stock I have turned out to be entirely too much faff to work into it. 

E8A5C6EF-4F2E-4CEB-862F-E55BA4E0E1D8.JPG

Nice! Where did you source the Aimpoint and LAM?

I do like a traditional styled M4 with carry handle and a handguard with covers on rather than exposed rails everywhere.

@PinkGunloving that collection. I want to do a gun wall but Mrs Eezer won't allow it. Bad for the Feng Shui, or gives the wrong impression to the neighbours, or she doesn't want the house resembling a Ukranian defence bunker, or some keech like that. Might do it in the garage then...