Gun picture thread

M_P

On 08/03/2021 at 11:33, Prolish said:

Thought I'd drop the final result of a long ongoing TM Recoil project, that's finally been completed. Clone of Larry Vickers' rifle from the Modelo Prison raid in '89. 

More of this kind of jazz over at PenguinDynamix on IG. 

Been looking at doing a car 15 style build but I was never sure if id be able to find the fixed handle upper for a tm recoil. Which did you use? Im more familiar with the scar rifles so I wasnt sure how parts compatible the m4s are with regular aegs. 

Edited by HuttArmouries

On 10/03/2021 at 16:24, Tactical Shed said:

Absolutely awesome!! what upper receiver did you use? 

55 minutes ago, HuttArmouries said:

Been looking at doing a car 15 style build but I was never sure if id be able to find the fixed handle upper for a tm recoil. Which did you use? Im more familiar with the scar rifles so I wasnt sure how parts compatible the m4s are with regular aegs. 

The upper was a mashup of a standard TM Recoil and a G&P A1 uppers, mixed into one via magic of LC Eng Outpost, then finished by hand with rattle cans by me, as most cerakote places advised against doing so - the finish would have been too thin and wouldn't cover machining marks, filler etc. 

As a fixed carry handle fanatic, I've looked high and low for a NGRS upper before jumping on this journey a while back, as none exist. 

21 hours ago, Prolish said:

The upper was a mashup of a standard TM Recoil and a G&P A1 uppers, mixed into one via magic of LC Eng Outpost, then finished by hand with rattle cans by me, as most cerakote places advised against doing so - the finish would have been too thin and wouldn't cover machining marks, filler etc. 

As a fixed carry handle fanatic, I've looked high and low for a NGRS upper before jumping on this journey a while back, as none exist. 

Really impressive work thought it must have been custom have been looking for an a1 carry handle with brass deflector upper for ages myself. Gotta love a retro AR great attention to detail given me some inspiration to do a Gary gordan build! 

• Supporters
19 minutes ago, Alimcd said:

Fresh from Mark at FMJUK, here’s my crack at building a DMR 

Semi only, chronos in at 430-435 with 0.2’s. Started life as a two-tone Cyma that needed some tlc. Fresh spring, new hop unit+barrel, changed the motor to a higher torque Infinity and rewired it for standard Gate-style mosfets.

Picked up a wooden stock from Airsofttiger. Sanded, stained and finished etc. 

Sanded off seam lines, got some slightly unusual (but real-steel accurate) Winchester trades cut and sent it off for a coat of Cerakote E110 Midnight. 

825C5BEA-9EBE-4CC8-83BE-3DF528361EB1.jpeg

DCCC3849-0B39-4BAF-8F9D-C45A7CB8EEB7.jpeg

2E50C0B9-F2B6-480A-A1CF-3000DFB7B08D.jpeg

5DD97555-7055-4856-B126-39DD454F8B3B.jpeg

08E9E194-DFAB-4D71-B291-EC476605311A.jpeg

Now THAT is nice.

Well Done GIFs | Tenor

22 minutes ago, Alimcd said:

Fresh from Mark at FMJUK, here’s my crack at building a DMR 

Semi only, chronos in at 430-435 with 0.2’s. Started life as a two-tone Cyma that needed some tlc. Fresh spring, new hop unit+barrel, changed the motor to a higher torque Infinity and rewired it for standard Gate-style mosfets.

Picked up a wooden stock from Airsofttiger. Sanded, stained and finished etc. 

Sanded off seam lines, got some slightly unusual (but real-steel accurate) Winchester trades cut and sent it off for a coat of Cerakote E110 Midnight. 

825C5BEA-9EBE-4CC8-83BE-3DF528361EB1.jpeg

DCCC3849-0B39-4BAF-8F9D-C45A7CB8EEB7.jpeg

2E50C0B9-F2B6-480A-A1CF-3000DFB7B08D.jpeg

5DD97555-7055-4856-B126-39DD454F8B3B.jpeg

08E9E194-DFAB-4D71-B291-EC476605311A.jpeg

Hnng GIFs | Tenor

6 hours ago, EDcase said:

Duno about labelling them tho 😄

Is that so you remember what you've got and where they go? 😉

Yep you got it

4 hours ago, EDcase said:

I like looking at my wall and thinking... 'Oh, I didn't remember I had one of those' 😄

Old age helps 👍

at the ripe old age 44 I didn't remember what I went to the next room for

Edited by Keithlag

Painted the red bits on my CM16R8L.......

Added a fibre optic and x4 scope as well as a fore-grip.

Took a while to set the sights in but I suppose 'what do you want for £35?'

IMG20210323154015.jpg

Well here are my first two rifs. Got a game booked for 10th April, can’t wait to try them out. Also have a ASG mk23 but that’s still with the mail man, hopefully getting delivered tomorrow. 

CD0A6193-DB68-47FF-A294-01E5BB898485.jpeg

3 hours ago, r00k3h said:

Well here are my first two rifs. Got a game booked for 10th April, can’t wait to try them out. Also have a ASG mk23 but that’s still with the mail man, hopefully getting delivered tomorrow. 

CD0A6193-DB68-47FF-A294-01E5BB898485.jpeg

Very nice! The sight goes well with the overall look of the rifle. I actually like it in the 2-tone, it kind of suits it.

I'm in the 2-tone club as well, personally I don't care, mine is green which is one of my favourite colours anyway... Just bought a Goetland sight for my M933 off Amazon yesterday which should be arriving tomorrow. Going for the old-school carry handle-mounted look.

Wanting a pistol as a backup too, however AEPs are crazily thin on the ground for some reason. Heart set on something trad-styled and compact... 1911 or M9. Did fancy a DE however they're like cannons... can't be bothered with gas - more maint, propellant, cold issues (I'm in the Highlands), most springers out there seem to be disposable cheapos that break within 5 mins of first use. Plus semi-/full auto useful. All just my newbie opinion of course, we all have our preferences...

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Ok i'm actually starting to hate that abomination unto god a bit less now it kinda looks like something tiny tina from bl2 would use :P

Mite be able to reclaim that status , ordered some pink 25mm webbing this evening to make a tacticool sling for it ! 😁

11 hours ago, Pydracor said:

Looks amazing, is that a custom built GBB?

Springer by Acro they also do a non-firing shell ejecting version.

8 hours ago, Druid799 said:

WiP but now you know one of the possibilities when you buy a pink Bizon ! 🤣🤣

23531670-A5A4-45F1-9169-EE6574DF6B20.jpeg

Well, it's certainly unique... you've got balls 😃

MilSimmers everywhere will recoil in sheer horror 🤣

9 hours ago, Druid799 said:

WiP but now you know one of the possibilities when you buy a pink Bizon ! 🤣🤣

23531670-A5A4-45F1-9169-EE6574DF6B20.jpeg

I love it !