Gun picture thread

M_P

6 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

hnnnngg......

out of interest what's the legality with that kind of conversion?

i'm not massively well versed in the subject but i'm guessing converting from a de-ac isn't viable and surely licensing a functional gun (even if for the purposes of conversion) isn't going to fly for a machine gun under uk law?

Converting from a deac is a naughty, and modifying any existing gun is also a naughty. That being said, if you buy something from overseas that uses demilitarized components and is now for all intents and purposes an airsoft gun, then that's what it is. 

• Supporters
6 minutes ago, BenJackson said:

Converting from a deac is a naughty, and modifying any existing gun is also a naughty. That being said, if you buy something from overseas that uses demilitarized components and is now for all intents and purposes an airsoft gun, then that's what it is. 

ahh, outsourcing the problem.

suppose it makes sense, you presumably pull the pressure bearing components (barrel and bolt) anyway to do the conversion so once it's done no longer a firearm.

If anything you're deactivating it more with airsoft modifications.

Either way if you "binned" the reciever and barrel from a deac you're really left with a stock, sights, banding ect which are all restriction free items.

For a proper shady area look at obsolete calibers, there was a company selling obsolete martini Henry's chambered for madbull shells

• Supporters

Obviously I'd never encourage anybody to break the law, & therefore my question is purely hypothetical

BUT 

If a genuine airsofter, someone commited to playing & furthering the sport, was to butcher a deac in order to put Airsoft gubbins in it, & then use it for genuine skirmishing, who would care enough to report it, after all it's still non lethal & subsequently even less likely to be modded for live ammo.

Also, what does "Shoot & Scoot" use for his smle Springer's etc ?, Denix replicas ?

Homage to a scout sniper:

KJW M700 as a base, barrel shortened for 430mm inner barrel and a CO2 adaptor for the stock. Just waiting on one connector and will be good to go. 

9B4805D4-B0AA-4A8D-9C5D-0D0E13EFE3A4.jpeg

I’ve always understood that if you interfere with a deact you could be in trouble as you invalidate the deact certificate and could be view as recommissioning it. However I’m not an expert so personally wouldn’t attempt it or purchase one that has been converted. 

a couple of a years I heard of a bloke trying to sell a fj42 Deact which he converted to fire blanks. Probably just a myth but something I wouldn’t touch 

• Supporters
49 minutes ago, GenuineGerman said:

a couple of a years I heard of a bloke trying to sell a fj42 Deact which he converted to fire blanks. Probably just a myth but something I wouldn’t touch 

Most definitely wouldn't touch that either, definitely taking the piss & probably only a small step from fully live firing.

On 01/03/2021 at 18:47, Tackle said:

Obviously I'd never encourage anybody to break the law, & therefore my question is purely hypothetical

BUT 

If a genuine airsofter, someone commited to playing & furthering the sport, was to butcher a deac in order to put Airsoft gubbins in it, & then use it for genuine skirmishing, who would care enough to report it, after all it's still non lethal & subsequently even less likely to be modded for live ammo.

Also, what does "Shoot & Scoot" use for his smle Springer's etc ?, Denix replicas ?

Yes, you can’t mess with a deac at all.

Interestingly, the rules  have been changed recently, and you are supposed to register any deacs you own, not just have a certificate. If it’s an old U.K. spec, you can’t transfer ownership in any way (sell, give away, prize draw etc) without getting it officially changed to EU spec (that’s fully welded bolt, trigger and mag)

Love the torch on that! Is it attached with jubilee clips?

36 minutes ago, DRay said:

Love the torch on that! Is it attached with jubilee clips?

It is indeed - It's an oldschool QXL dive light (replica, since they're genuinely impossible to find), wrapped in bike inner tube and held with jubilee clips - just like Larry's in the clip below. 

On 04/03/2021 at 16:03, miserydrift said:

my haunted cyma cm621 lol

155284514_1582091615320762_5701228639687313600_o.jpg

It honestly took me a few mins to relaise the gun was NOT on a xylophone....

I have no idea where my head is at today

image.thumb.jpg.9a4a8079d2833698ac0bb77bb6232ec8.jpgI don’t post here often as I don’t buy many pew pews

Recently picked this up in the classifieds here, it’s needing a little bit of attention, but having tidied up some rusty screw heads and a quick clean up, I’m quite happy.

Still to get to shoot it, fitted a London Bridge Trading sling and just got some PTS tan mags for it 

Love the look of this thing

Hey I want to share my sub par mp5 with you’s. Every time I go to upload the files too big and when I make it small it looks like shiz. However scrolling up everyone’s pictures are lovely. 

11 minutes ago, RonLancs said:

Hey I want to share my sub par mp5 with you’s. Every time I go to upload the files too big and when I make it small it looks like shiz. However scrolling up everyone’s pictures are lovely. 

Exhibit A:

D8E3C390-0D23-4F1B-924C-CF38775D3A01.jpeg

On 08/03/2021 at 11:33, Prolish said:

Thought I'd drop the final result of a long ongoing TM Recoil project, that's finally been completed. Clone of Larry Vickers' rifle from the Modelo Prison raid in '89. 

More of this kind of jazz over at PenguinDynamix on IG. 

4263054_File_000-Copy.thumb.jpeg.9a51952de30e21f438ec45a48cbc73d9.jpeg

Absolutely awesome!! what upper receiver did you use? 

• Supporters
9 hours ago, RonLancs said:

Check the file type (usually wanna be .jpg or .png), you can get a pretty big and high quality image (in airsoft terms) at well under 2mb.  Also check your upload allowance on here - shown below post when typing on desktop.

spacer.png

My winter project. A mix of parts that didnt want to fit together but were made to comply. (Surpassingly it shoots better than expected +/- 6fps)
G&P colt stamped receiver 

Nuprol Bocca handrail + Silcencer

CYMA gearbox (its all I had spare)
Big dragon pistol grip (Its horrible and needs replacing)

Picked up this G3 a while ago. Just waiting for a flash hider from LCS to arrive, I’ll chop the inner barrel that extends into the suppressor down so it’s more close quarters friendly. 

Also got a railed handguard but not sure I want to ruin the classic lines of it, although it would be nice to mount a torch? 

What do people think?

C77A2360-6DDF-4875-AC50-3E7903642B3C.jpeg

12 hours ago, TheFull9 said:

Check the file type (usually wanna be .jpg or .png), you can get a pretty big and high quality image (in airsoft terms) at well under 2mb.  Also check your upload allowance on here - shown below post when typing on desktop.

Why would my upload allowance be so little? (6.38kb)

Edited by RonLancs

On 11/03/2021 at 08:08, RonLancs said:

Why would my upload allowance be so little? (6.38kb)

because there is only a set limit for direct uploads.

I suggest using a picture hosting website and then copy the links in here.

I use imgur for that.

Sorry, going off topic here:

I feel something has changed in the websites “settings” so to speak 

Up until recently, I could quite happily have a photo on my phone and upload it here without hassle, I’m getting the same “Upload exceeds size message”

now what I am doing is when making a post that I wish a photo inserted, I do the text and choose Take Photo , instead of the Upload a photo option

works fine that way, but kinda restrictive