Gun picture thread

M_P

• Supporters
55 minutes ago, EvilMonkee said:

What you making it out of?

Thats actually the (visually) finished product. 

26 minutes ago, TheFull9 said:

Gotta be a de-ac right?  Real shame it's not legal here like it (presumably?) is in the states.  A gearbox in the body of a de-ac spits bbs no differently to one inside an airsoft receiver set after all, with the right investment and machine tools one could make some super sweet guns that way with infinitely higher external quality than anything from an airsoft brand, that's when airsoft versions even exist.  Which presumably (again) will be the end result here so that's cool.

Nope. Though I am honestly happy you two can't tell. Its a DP-28 Im making using a Echo1 ZB-30 body, a real DP-28 mag, and 3D printing a three-piece adapter to make it all work together.

Latest update on the TM MTR16

Still waiting for my 7" handguard and barrel, suppressor & a couple other bits to arrive, but @Wo1f has supplied me with this Dytac Geissele 9.5" one in the meantime (as well as a buffer tube, thank you 😁)

SBA3 clone seems solid enough to hold a sling until my PTS sling plate arrives.

Still gotta change the optic but this is the only one I have for now

Progress!

20200817_122638.jpg

20200817_122718.jpg

• Supporters

Fair bit of photography and practising image editing the past couple of days while I'm home on leave.

68tPmfKNRzAFrri3zy1wH6jgru54lTtiZ0vadOBf

Edit - I really shat out with this system of the board making supporter posts slightly grey instead of white lol

On 17/08/2020 at 12:34, BigBlackGlock said:

Latest update on the TM MTR16

Still waiting for my 7" handguard and barrel, suppressor & a couple other bits to arrive, but @Wo1f has supplied me with this Dytac Geissele 9.5" one in the meantime (as well as a buffer tube, thank you 😁)

SBA3 clone seems solid enough to hold a sling until my PTS sling plate arrives.

Still gotta change the optic but this is the only one I have for now

Progress!

20200817_122638.jpg

20200817_122718.jpg

😎😎😎

Sooo may have not been out playing of late, but i bought a used / not working TM M870 during lockdown months back, sold as leaking and having a hash sawn of job done, plus some vom RIS screwed on. The sweetener for me was it coming with an Angry Gun Gas AR stock, which seem to be obsolete for the most part nowadays.

Ordered a few WII TECH & SAT parts at the same time, they arrived a few weeks later from the east.

Basically it was leaking between the receiver and the gas expansion/reservoir inlet, a couple O rings sorted that, then that leak moved forward - with the proper pressure in the expansion cylinder - the nozzle was now leaking, luckily id ordered a WII TECH one :D

I also ordered a genuine MESA Remington pump grip and cartridge holder through Brownells.

The pump grip took a little bit of TLC with the finger blaster, sorry sander, and gives a much better lump to grip.

I did splash out on the SAT steel shortened outer barrel, to remedy the hash saw job, plus it has the nice finish and trades.

One bonus other M870 users may or may not be aware of - the SAT barrel has a threaded screw hole to screw the block to up front, this is AMAZING as it does away with that PITA nut plate inside the barrel - if youve taken one of these down youll appreciate how great that is!

Also fitted the WII TECH aluminum hop unit and loading nozzle unit, awesome bit of machining that!

I then reinstated the pump lock with WII TECH steel parts, works a charm.

Well chuffed with it, now it all works properly, its most satisfying to operate, and the shot sound is pretty cool.

Will get some nice TM cartridges now it works :)

IMG_5090.JPG

IMG_5087.JPG

IMG_5089.JPG

IMG_5088.JPG

Oh yeh and when testing / not fully assembled i managed to shoot that3 way barrel spacer into the garden during strong winds, that was novel haha!

First test fit of the SCAR H DMR kit. It's all now to spec M-LOK and the fit needs adjusting in a couple of places but overall I'm really happy with how it looks and feels. The stock adapter needs beefing up and changing the design to print better but the threads fit beautifully.

IMG_20200829_121747.jpg

IMG_20200829_120936.jpg

IMG_20200829_121224.jpg

On 29/08/2020 at 13:03, PopRocket123 said:

First test fit of the SCAR H DMR kit. It's all now to spec M-LOK and the fit needs adjusting in a couple of places but overall I'm really happy with how it looks and feels. The stock adapter needs beefing up and changing the design to print better but the threads fit beautifully.

IMG_20200829_121747.jpg

IMG_20200829_120936.jpg

IMG_20200829_121224.jpg

this looks so weird without the grip.

how do you hold it?

31 minutes ago, Smiling-Dutchman said:

this looks so weird without the grip.

how do you hold it?

It actually feels great in the hand. It's a similar profile to an M-LOK rail from an M4 so it's nice and slim

Yo, Ares SCR stock.

Go print it ;)

On 15/08/2011 at 01:26, Nutster said:

someone wants an l119a1 stock :P

bhd based m727 [just needs 'old school' torch-in post :)]

10ba90cd.jpg

0fd6978c.jpg

o and dont stand on plastic bodies :(

764b1b97.jpg

Nice loadout idee, i love the thema of Black hawk down.

I am thinking too do a m727 bild, full metal from ics or tm.

Printed a receiver end plate to make the folding stock adapter fit on my AEG. It's really solid now. Yes I have already broken a bit but that was me being ham fisted seeing the buffer tube in. 

IMG_20200905_221856.jpg

IMG_20200905_221909.jpg

IMG_20200905_215704.jpg

IMG_20200905_215724.jpg

• Supporters
43 minutes ago, B.S said:

Finally got around to a family photo... My god, what have I done. My wallet... But it is glorious.

spacer.png

Very nice, what's the SMG bottom right ?, Sten mocked up to look like an Aussie Owen ?

7 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Very nice, what's the SMG bottom right ?, Sten mocked up to look like an Aussie Owen ?

It's a Northeast Sten MkV, they were introduced in 1944 as an updated, more ergonomic and well made version of the Sten. You're right though, it is a bit Owen looking now you mention it!

6 hours ago, B.S said:

It's a Northeast Sten MkV, they were introduced in 1944 as an updated, more ergonomic and well made version of the Sten. You're right though, it is a bit Owen looking now you mention it!

Whats the shooting performance like?  Range?

9 hours ago, EvilMonkee said:

Whats the shooting performance like?  Range?

it’s it’s anything like my Mk2 was, spray and pray, just like the real steel, with a similar effective range, 25m maybe.

• Supporters
39 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

it’s it’s anything like my Mk2 was, spray and pray, just like the real steel, with a similar effective range, 25m maybe.

I might have a chance to shoot a real one this weekend, Ill let you know if thats true haha.

1 hour ago, rocketdogbert said:

So unskimirmishable - sad as I really fancy one