Gun picture thread

M_P

On 24/07/2020 at 20:20, Davegolf said:

@GothicGhost i bet thats actually quite effective camo in use!

Finally got around to assembling the G36C, on the whole very happy with the build, although i think im going to have to swap the X-ASR for a Pico AAB, the internal rollback noise of the gears to the anti reversal latch drives me mad on semi!!

IMG_5004_a.jpg

IMG_4985.JPG

IMG_4990.JPG

IMG_5005.JPG

IMG_5002_a.jpg

Of all the colours i feel the FDE on the mags is the least effective, its too bright i feel, ive got some good ol' Humbrol Dark brown (FDE) aerosol which il prop spritz them with as its such an awesome FDE in use.

The whole layout of the gun colouring was to blend with myself / Pencott Greenzone at the rear of the gun, and wrapping the gun around trees/fortifications/dirt etc at the front end.

First time I see aG36 that issn't a rental, who knew these could be cool looking replica's?

• Supporters
9 minutes ago, Smiling-Dutchman said:

First time I see aG36 that issn't a rental, who knew these could be cool looking replica's?

i must confess i do think the g36's reputation has been somewhat tarnished by its use as a rental gun.

although tbf there are a lot of guns people don't like "because they're plastic" regardless of wether or not it's realistic for them to be such.

7 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

i must confess i do think the g36's reputation has been somewhat tarnished by its use as a rental gun.

That's the case for me tbh.

but I'm okay with being proven wrong on this, especially if I can get my hands on one as cool looking as the one Davegolf posted

• Supporters
42 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

although tbf there are a lot of guns people don't like "because they're plastic" regardless of wether or not it's realistic for them to be such.

33 minutes ago, Smiling-Dutchman said:

That's the case for me tbh.

but I'm okay with being proven wrong on this, especially if I can get my hands on one as cool looking as the one Davegolf posted

Yea theres a lot of that. Im currently building mine into an MG36, but even then I still slightly cringe whenever I take it out. Then again, the second I pull the trigger people know its not a cheap gun (Got a Daytona engine in it). However after seeing @GothicGhost's I might have t send mine off to be cerakoted like my 417a2...

13 hours ago, SeniorSpaz87 said:

Yea theres a lot of that. Im currently building mine into an MG36, but even then I still slightly cringe whenever I take it out. Then again, the second I pull the trigger people know its not a cheap gun (Got a Daytona engine in it). However after seeing @GothicGhost's I might have t send mine off to be cerakoted like my 417a2...

I do want to, at some point, get a JG star Dragon, if only the shell, and make High RoF rifle from it that's actually decent, just to mess with people.

Had those rifles at a place I worked at, they might have some old broken ones I can take over for free.

I've started designing a machine pistol AEG using a custom gearbox. I'm currently getting accurate drawings of all of the existing parts before I can start drawing up the 3d printed and laser cut parts around them. I got fed up staring at a bunch of parts and mocked up a rough layout of where everything is going and how it should look. I'm really excited to get more done on this.

FB_IMG_1596230138272.jpg

FB_IMG_1596230141151.jpg

FB_IMG_1596230364825.jpg

received_286682599228905.jpeg

My first guns.
ASG CZ Shadow 1 and 75 (I like the grips swapped round for some reason)

CYMA MP5 A5 (can’t remember what CYMA call it)
Torch lit for “dramatic” effect and because my flash is shit.

29E9EB24-ECD0-429F-BC60-C4146C9EAE2A.jpeg

• Supporters
On 31/07/2020 at 16:25, PopRocket123 said:

I've started designing a machine pistol AEG using a custom gearbox. I'm currently getting accurate drawings of all of the existing parts before I can start drawing up the 3d printed and laser cut parts around them. I got fed up staring at a bunch of parts and mocked up a rough layout of where everything is going and how it should look. I'm really excited to get more done on this.

Jontron Ill Take Your Entire Stock GIF - Jontron ...

If youre truly going ground-up, make the cylinder v2 spec. I know several people who would love to HPA one of these, but to do so the cylinder and piston area needs to be v2 spec. Also, though im sure its due to simply being a rough mock-up, but add rails (probably top rail, with optional Mloc or Keymod so people who like attachments can add them) and a threaded barrel. If possible, use existing magazines (Umarex UMP or Echo 1 MP5 straight mags would work well). Stock options would be nice as well - either a MP7-style collapsible stock or a simpler MPX-style that attaches to a rail would be easy to configure, and could easily be run with or without a stock. Im curious to see how youre going to implement the trigger - theres not really any room for a trigger board or contacts with the mag and barrel right there. If you get seriously into the build, make a post about it - Im sure there are plenty of people on here smarter than me who could help you out. 

52 minutes ago, SeniorSpaz87 said:

Jontron Ill Take Your Entire Stock GIF - Jontron ...

If youre truly going ground-up, make the cylinder v2 spec. I know several people who would love to HPA one of these, but to do so the cylinder and piston area needs to be v2 spec. Also, though im sure its due to simply being a rough mock-up, but add rails (probably top rail, with optional Mloc or Keymod so people who like attachments can add them) and a threaded barrel. If possible, use existing magazines (Umarex UMP or Echo 1 MP5 straight mags would work well). Stock options would be nice as well - either a MP7-style collapsible stock or a simpler MPX-style that attaches to a rail would be easy to configure, and could easily be run with or without a stock. Im curious to see how youre going to implement the trigger - theres not really any room for a trigger board or contacts with the mag and barrel right there. If you get seriously into the build, make a post about it - Im sure there are plenty of people on here smarter than me who could help you out. 

I have a post in the custom guns thread on here but that's a low traffic thread. I also have a Facebook page, Project Peregrine. That's got a post that goes in depth with my design, why I decided to make it and why I came to the design I did.

Short version is I wasn't expecting people to be as into this as they have been so I only ever planned on making one using cheap second hand parts wherever possible. The mags were a cheap bundle and the gearbox someone had laying around for spares. 

The gearbox design uses an ICS split gearbox upper with a custom gearbox lower using standard V2 gears and a short style motor and cage. That's going to be made from laser cut steel side plates and 3d printed infills. This makes it easily converted to HPA as long as you can resolder the trigger to a remote microswitch. The trigger for this uses a BTC Chimera with a remote trigger module and microswitch in the gearbox. 

The body of the gun is going to be largely 3d printed in at least 6 pieces. I will also be using laser cut steel rails down the sides to add some much needed rigidity and a standard 200mm AEG outer barrel.

Mags have been tricky. I got the Uzi ones because they were cheap and available and already had a fitting for an uzi style mag release. Other options I'm looking at for potential future versions are some of the PCC Glock style mags that use the Glock mag catch but I'll consider anything that's reliable, available and not too expensive as long as it has a mag catch design that would work in a pistol grip. That means mp5 and Evo mags are out. 

The plan for rails and stocks is to make a working gun first but leave replaceable parts of the gun like the forend and rear plate to be modular so I can swap them out with new parts as I design them. I am looking at an MP7 style stock and forends with different rail options. 

This is all very early days, we haven't even drawn up all of the off the shelf parts and we still need to get our hands on a classic Army X9 mag and/or an Ares m45 mag to get dimensions to know where to put the motor

Its here its here!

Brand new SRS 16" Covert. Installed the fast hop and the 150% SRS spring and is currently at 449 FPS or 292 FPS on .48's. Not sure if thats normal or a little low, but pretty happy with this anyway! Its very solidly built. 

20200804_182543.jpg

19 hours ago, moonmoose said:

My G&G RK74-E painted in Patrizan/SS Leto camo.

My first attempt with rattle/spray cans.

Used the Landscape-camo stencil kit. Unfortunately not an exact colour match to my chest rig.

The tan/sand colour is a little too light  but I'll dull it down and dirty it up to match and the green is slightly darker on the gun. But I'm happy with my first and only attempt at this sort of thing.

IMG_20200803_184152_370.jpg

IMG_20200803_180435.jpg

IMG_20200803_180414.jpg

That is gorgeous! Very striking. 

Heres my PTS Masada DSG with a distressed red cerakote finish.

Has a real EXPS 3 and a dummy peq box for battery. Wires from peq box are routed through the hole where the front sight sits and connected to the BTC Chimera in the handguard.

Barrel is cut down from the standard 11.5" CQB length so as to accommodate an acetech lighter bt while keeping overall barrel length at 10.5". 

Took the better part of 6 months to source all the required parts and the poor internal design of the masada made the process all the more challenging but glad it worked out in the end.

20200807_092831.jpg

My new SRS A2 16"

Running a Vortex Crossfire II 4-12x44 with custom 3D printed sunshade

IMG_1746.thumb.jpg.14110e9738f6c2f4f5ef18d3879f0a63.jpgIMG_1747.thumb.jpg.0ca41e3d4831f1651f29cde172ed3e6b.jpg