Gun picture thread

M_P

• Supporters
Just now, Lokai said:

Urgh that might cause problems tomorrow night then! 

If you play at CQB sites (especially in the UK) most know how to chrono a tri-shot. Maybe call or message them or something and just confirm its fine before hand so you dont turn up can not be able to play.

23 minutes ago, SeniorSpaz87 said:

If you play at CQB sites (especially in the UK) most know how to chrono a tri-shot. Maybe call or message them or something and just confirm its fine before hand so you dont turn up can not be able to play.

Ah cool, ive seen people play with them there before so sure it'll be fine. Usually run pistols so will have a back up or three! 

Some of you may remember my dad's airsoft bow project. Well unsurprisingly he never finished it but he's decided to pick it back up and rework it using his new knowledge and experience. Then someone suggested putting a trishot barrel on it so obviously now we have to do it. Just need to get our hands on a boneyard shotty for the hop up and feed system...

FB_IMG_1595864887687.jpg

FB_IMG_1568156245583.jpg

• Supporters
36 minutes ago, PopRocket123 said:

Some of you may remember my dad's airsoft bow project. Well unsurprisingly he never finished it but he's decided to pick it back up and rework it using his new knowledge and experience. Then someone suggested putting a trishot barrel on it so obviously now we have to do it. Just need to get our hands on a boneyard shotty for the hop up and feed system...

FB_IMG_1595864887687.jpg

FB_IMG_1568156245583.jpg

That's excellent, been thinking about doing one myself for some time, I'd better get on Wish & sort out a bow 🏹

54 minutes ago, Tackle said:

That's excellent, been thinking about doing one myself for some time, I'd better get on Wish & sort out a bow 🏹

Do it! Get a low weight children's bow. When he did the maths on the energy output, this stupidly cheap children's compound bow has an energy output of around 24J so it only needs to be around 10% efficient to get 500fps. The trick is getting a safe energy output without it breaking

6 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

So freakin cool, I think they def need to be classified as sniper / 500 / med."

This is the best part. It's tunable so I could take it to a woodland game and play as a sniper then adjust the cylinder volume or string tension and run around in a cqb game sub 350fps like fucking Legolas

Hold on.

Didn't someone already make an airsoft bow thingy some time ago?

• Supporters

Really got me thinking, once it's set up I could fit a mechanical stop, maybe 2 or 3 settings according to the FPS needed at the time ?

🤔

Just now, Skara said:

Hold on.

Didn't someone already make an airsoft bow thingy some time ago?

Yeah but it was stupid money, like £500+ or something 😬

27 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Really got me thinking, once it's set up I could fit a mechanical stop, maybe 2 or 3 settings according to the FPS needed at the time ?

🤔

Yeah but it was stupid money, like £500+ or something 😬

In this case the bow already comes with that built in. The cams are adjustable to change the draw strength and length and the hold strength 

Also this one actually has a hop up and changeable magazines so is already a lot more usable

• Supporters
22 minutes ago, PopRocket123 said:

In this case the bow already comes with that built in. The cams are adjustable to change the draw strength and length and the hold strength 

images.png

2008 PTW
Orga widebore barrel

Real Eotech

Larue style rail with Magpul furniture

Magpul stock

426F7531-D606-42D4-AE88-DF85DDAE48FF.jpeg

5C16AA76-0A3E-4E5F-9948-CAD15AA221EF.jpeg

• Supporters
On 24/07/2020 at 19:20, SeniorSpaz87 said:

Aside, how do you chrono a tri-shot?   The Depot doesn't, they've waved me through several times, with variants of "Sod that, we've never seen a springer come close to 350fps anyway".  Put one BB in since each piston is separate?

18 hours ago, Davegolf said:

Thats a pretty high comendation then! Thanks!

Waiting on an FDE MRO cover, the Pico AAB arrived today 👍

My head has been turning lately by guns I would normally totally disregard, must be a midlife crisis haha. Cant wait for the update. 

At lest your not sneaking toes in the pic like @Groot filthy man!

4 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Aside, how do you chrono a tri-shot?   The Depot doesn't, they've waved me through several times, with variants of "Sod that, we've never seen a springer come close to 350fps anyway".  Put one BB in since each piston is separate?

I had one site quote my aa12 was at like 450fps or something. But every other place gave a reading as roughly what you might expect. No idea on what chronographs were used so not much help but there you go.

G&P MOE repainted with graphite grey engine paint, Octarms 13" rail and over-barrel carbon fibre moderator. Camo Krylon stripped from the rest of it.

Internally I have put in a non-wobbly spring guide and M105 spring (minus 1 coil!) to give me 292fps on 0.28g BBs. Still got the Titan basic and SHS gears.

PEQ box for the battery as the MOE handguard was a nightmare and looking a bit old skool. Waiting on BCM rail covers in grey and maybe one of their hand stops if I can find one in the UK as US shops refuse to post due to ITAR regs 🙄

20200727_200410.jpg