Gun picture thread

M_P

A pair of old west guns. 

Ones an Schofield r hopped, the other started life as a boneyard .177 umarex pellet gun, covered in john wayne logos and with loads of writing all over it, fixed it, the accuracy was woeful, converted to airsoft, r hopped, refinished and just waiting for a pair of new homemade inlays to cure so I can replace the awful grip logos.

received_3160325640756235.jpeg

Both guns are refinished by polishing  then using chemical blackener, gives a real steel like finish.

• Supporters
7 hours ago, Sambo said:

Just love how this ak21 sits in it's new case. New to all of this and cant wait to go airsofting once covid had pissed off.

I personally hate cutting foam cases; having moved entirely to pluck foam myself. But you can't deny that when done properly, it looks so much better haha.

• Supporters

The old girl got a face-lift :D

In all honesty I've been wanting to do a KWA Vector build for forever. I've lurked on the FB page for some time now, and had an idea of what I wanted to do, but I knew one thing was needed for sure before I invested time and money into the project - an HPA drum. Ive tried the GBB primary route and despised it for a single reason - the mags. Thats why Ive converted so many of my GBBs to Daytonas - WE Masada, VFC M27, etc. Especially here in the States, where its all about highcaps and volume of fire (I do miss UK airsoft; running around The Mall with my TM GBB MP7 or dual pistols...). While I dont need 1000 shots to get a hit, 40ish shots was a bit too little, especially when you go to reload and find your mag has leaked all the gas out. So a drum is a must. As such, my Vector has sat, and sat. 

Then, I got an offer. It was a bit steep IMO but I took it, and then I was the proud owner of a broken Reaper Airsoft Customs drum mag for the Vector. Let the build begin!

The repair ended up being easy - a lot of epoxy and drying time and it was good to go. I didnt want to use a cheap China clone for a sight like I have on some of my builds - Ive had Daytonas throw off their zeros before. So I used a spare Vortex Sparq AR red dot I had. Magpul MOE irons and AFG2 mod to match my real Vector, Ace1Arms right hand mag release (so much easier when using the drum), replica Surefire M600DF light and my signature blue-lasered PEQ hooked up to a dual pressure switch. I also had to add a 45* rail for the torch so that I could still fold the stock. I have a Defiance .45 ACP suppressor but I am unsure if I will use it due to not needing an increased inner barrel due to FPS gains... Cover the remaining rails with ladder covers and add a sling swivel stock pin and the build is (externally) done. Still need to decide on what to do inside though... Yes @rocketdogbert I will use the FB page for that.

241156045_unnamed(23).thumb.jpg.e50c272972216f6bb69ff4fcab33c4ab.jpg524072801_unnamed(24).thumb.jpg.1f343933d6a6ef8a0b436c5352aeff90.jpg

17 hours ago, SeniorSpaz87 said:

I personally hate cutting foam cases; having moved entirely to pluck foam myself. But you can't deny that when done properly, it looks so much better haha.

Pluck foam? New to all this so I'll have to go check that out. Thank uou

• Supporters
7 hours ago, Sambo said:

Pluck foam? New to all this so I'll have to go check that out. Thank uou

Yea its basically precut square foam sticks. You just pluck out the ones you want and it shapes decently. Look at my posts on the previous page about my HK417A2/G28 project - thats a pluck foam case.

On 19/07/2020 at 09:40, Sambo said:

Just love how this ak21 sits in it's new case. New to all of this and cant wait to go airsofting once covid had pissed off.

IMG-20200717-WA0009.jpg

IMG-20200717-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20200717-WA0010.jpg

Obvious questions; where did you get the foam from and what tools did you use to cut it?

Because that's looks as quality a finish as any others I've seen!

• Supporters
8 hours ago, RaGoShA said:

Hello, i have 2 airsoft guns but i dont remember models of them. can you please help and say what models are those??? its cyma but idk exactly

The pistol appears to be a CYMA CM123. AEP 1911 and all that. Uses CYMA CM030/G18C AEP mags. 

The AK is more difficult, as we have no idea what you've modified/added in terms of externals. That being said, it looks like it could be the CM076E, but the mags are different, it has a different stock, and different flash hider. However that is most likely it. 

On 20/07/2020 at 19:51, Liam1992 said:

Obvious questions; where did you get the foam from and what tools did you use to cut it?

Because that's looks as quality a finish as any others I've seen!

Thanks man. I wish I had spent a bit more time on it to see how it cuts but I'm a carpet fitter so ive got quite a few Stanley blades and I got the case from jdairsoft.co.uk so i dont know much about the foam but it was like little squares that had a little tag holding them together. But thank you for the comment, I'm new to all this so I was hoping I had done it right.

Thank you

On 22/07/2020 at 13:15, Sambo said:

Thanks man. I wish I had spent a bit more time on it to see how it cuts but I'm a carpet fitter so ive got quite a few Stanley blades and I got the case from jdairsoft.co.uk so i dont know much about the foam but it was like little squares that had a little tag holding them together. But thank you for the comment, I'm new to all this so I was hoping I had done it right.

Thank you

What you’ve described is the pick ‘n’ pluck foam mentioned above. 

Added a torch and a red dot sight to my Specna Arms G36. (My Gf having the honours of holding it 😂)  Can’t wait to get this out on the field looks better now. 👌🏻

3AC63FAC-318E-4CD1-91BA-351D1EAA8B18.jpeg

New ksg Just in time for killhouse reopening!! 

IMG_20200724_180028.jpg

• Supporters
35 minutes ago, Lokai said:

New ksg Just in time for killhouse reopening!! 

Wait... They make it in tan?!? Well that sucks...

27 minutes ago, SeniorSpaz87 said:

Wait... They make it in tan?!? Well that sucks...

Nah, I got it cerakoted. Daft question (if you own one) how do you chrono with it shooting three shots ? Im getting wild results!! 

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, Lokai said:

Nah, I got it cerakoted. Daft question (if you own one) how do you chrono with it shooting three shots ? Im getting wild results!! 

Ah makes more sense. And the short answer is... You dont... I just run mine on 80 PSI (yes, I converted it to a drum and HPA. Got tired of shells) with a tracer. I can slam fire the thing fast enough and people usually call it haha.

1 minute ago, SeniorSpaz87 said:

Ah makes more sense. And the short answer is... You dont... I just run mine on 80 PSI (yes, I converted it to a drum and HPA. Got tired of shells) with a tracer. I can slam fire the thing fast enough and people usually call it haha.

Urgh that might cause problems tomorrow night then!