Gun picture thread

M_P

• Supporters
19 minutes ago, cropzy said:

IMG_20180701_190335.jpg?width=901&height

kinda mixed on this one, after all p90's are supposed to be stubby, so the long suppressor does nothing for me, BUT makes me think id like to see an extended forend, maybe an extended ris rail etc, summat to give it a sniper look, with maybe a short fat suppressor on the end ?

• Supporters

Yea I’m with Tackle on this , looks too long with the mahoosive suppressor on it , same as when you see an MP5 with a really long suppressor there both short stubby SMG types it just looks ‘off’ ? 

• Supporters
23 minutes ago, Duff said:

This just looks like a fat bird with a strap on....

Sounds like the voice of experience ?😝

After about a month, it is complete.  It is the build I am most proud of and I believe the Masada/ACR platform to be my absolute favourite out of the many I have owned.

I came up with the build (after a few iterations) on PimpMyGun (I am sure a lot of you are familiar) and I believe I made it pretty close!

Rifle is the PTS Masada GBBR. As usual, I went way over budget but I am very happy!

Components:

Hephaestus recoil kit

Elcan SpectreDR 1-4x w/ mini red dot (Repro)

Magpul PTS ranger plates

Magpul PTS MOE RVG

Magpul PTS aluminium Masada rail system

Surefire x300 flashlight (Repro)

WE MSK flash hider

As I posted earlier, I got the outer and inner barrels shortened by LCS Engineering Outpost as I prefer shorter guns and I only wanted the flash hider to be visible out of the rail system. I did not want the gas block back either, as I thought it was rather unsightly and detracted from the overall aethestic.

Anyway, on to the pictures! Also a very short firing video.

These are just basic shots, I am sure I will get some "glam shots" a bit later. Yes, I decorated the bolt.

Short firing demonstration

20180703_151813.jpg

20180703_151833.jpg

20180703_151945.jpg

20180703_152126.jpg

20180703_122049.jpg

20180613_065550.jpg

• Supporters
51 minutes ago, Duff said:

And an eye watering experience it was.

I fixed that for you 😉

4 hours ago, BigBlackGlock said:

After about a month, it is complete.  It is the build I am most proud of and I believe the Masada/ACR platform to be my absolute favourite out of the many I have owned.

I came up with the build (after a few iterations) on PimpMyGun (I am sure a lot of you are familiar) and I believe I made it pretty close!

Rifle is the PTS Masada GBBR. As usual, I went way over budget but I am very happy!

Components:

Hephaestus recoil kit

Elcan SpectreDR 1-4x w/ mini red dot (Repro)

Magpul PTS ranger plates

Magpul PTS MOE RVG

Magpul PTS aluminium Masada rail system

Surefire x300 flashlight (Repro)

WE MSK flash hider

As I posted earlier, I got the outer and inner barrels shortened by LCS Engineering Outpost as I prefer shorter guns and I only wanted the flash hider to be visible out of the rail system. I did not want the gas block back either, as I thought it was rather unsightly and detracted from the overall aethestic.

Anyway, on to the pictures! Also a very short firing video.

These are just basic shots, I am sure I will get some "glam shots" a bit later. Yes, I decorated the bolt.

Short firing demonstration

20180703_151813.jpg

20180703_151833.jpg

20180703_151945.jpg

20180703_152126.jpg

20180703_122049.jpg

20180613_065550.jpg

That is an awesome build bud 👍🏻

26 minutes ago, BigBlackGlock said:

Thank you 😀

What happened to your WE one?

Just now, BigBlackGlock said:

It was terrible and barely worked, sold it almost immediately 

Figured as much. Don’t think anyone has successfully got one of them to shoot well. Shame really, because they look cool. 

• Supporters
7 hours ago, Wo1f said:

Figured as much. Don’t think anyone has successfully got one of them to shoot well. Shame really, because they look cool. 

Hey, my WE ACR (or MSK, if we are nitpicking) shoots great! I may have had to get a new barrel... And a hop rubber... And do a fair amount of body-modding so it stopped wobbling... And then gone ahead and thrown out all the internals and got a Daytona kit for it... But its a WE on the outside! That counts, right?...

4 hours ago, SeniorSpaz87 said:

Hey, my WE ACR (or MSK, if we are nitpicking) shoots great! I may have had to get a new barrel... And a hop rubber... And do a fair amount of body-modding so it stopped wobbling... And then gone ahead and thrown out all the internals and got a Daytona kit for it... But its a WE on the outside! That counts, right?...

In the same way that those spaceframed, V8 NASCAR’s with a sticker on the front is a Toyota 😂

WE MSK looked cool but it was overall poo.

Half cycled constantly on full auto (Maybe went 75% of the way occasionally) causing a drastically fluctuating ROF, and sometimes cycled under 50% which meant that the hammer would not reset and so you would have to pull the charging handle again. I assume this is because they got rid of the rollers for this particular gun, for whatever reason.

FPS was also all over the place. Similar issue in semi and the gas efficiency was crap, but that was expected from the WE STANAGs. Pmag was *slightly* better.

Stock button snapped almost immediately. Had to buy 2 replacements.

Outer barrel was wobbly as hell, on both the standard and CQB barrels.

The MSK fire selector was also stiffer than Johnny Sins on set.

The MSK was also missing little details like the shell deflector and the QD points just behind the handguard - they just put screws instead.

Long story short, it was the worst GBBR I have ever owned, by far. I have no idea how or why WE decided to actually release it.

The PTS Masada, however, is a masterpiece.

• Supporters

I didn't like mine ergonomically, sounds like it was a good job I sold it after just a few mags went through it

I know the current owner has had to replace the handguard with the plastic one as the screw holding it on stripped too

It’s strange. Despite what people think, WE make some absolute gems. Everything with their m4 mag though has turned out to be dire though 

• Supporters
7 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

It’s strange. Despite what people think, WE make some absolute gems. Everything with their m4 mag though has turned out to be dire though 

And that's the new system, the old closed bolt stuff was even worse, I've still got a CB m4 and it's awful 😂

• Moderators

aaarh the ICS G33F, my brother has the same colour, i went for a black version ;)

like the fact i can use my other ICS M4 mags so didnt need to buy another set :)

check the FPS on it though, mine was around 270 as a M90 i think was fitted where as my brothers was hitting 350 from Firesupport and at their Urban Assault games he cant use it as it just chronos over, others sites its below 

25 minutes ago, djben9 said:

aaarh the ICS G33F, my brother has the same colour, i went for a black version ;)

like the fact i can use my other ICS M4 mags so didnt need to buy another set :)

check the FPS on it though, mine was around 270 as a M90 i think was fitted where as my brothers was hitting 350 from Firesupport and at their Urban Assault games he cant use it as it just chronos over, others sites its below 

I was torn between the colour choices, it is nice in black, and yeah the m4 mag compatibility was a big plus for me.

Only put a few bb's through it but was getting around -

IMG_20180704_184303.jpg

Thought I'd do the obligatory bedsheet photo.  Some guns just happened to be in the way  😀.  Only the G36C missing, still in bits.

Still deciding which length suppressors to go with.

DSC_0027[1].JPG