Gun picture thread

M_P

33 minutes ago, Gepard said:

This may be a dumb question but what's with the brown handguard? I see pictures of guns with bronze, or copper, or gold aftermarket parts which never seem to match up with the rest of the gun and often wonder why people don't just spray over them.

It's like this product with 4 different colours. I don't know.. looks a little weird to me. Airsoft%20GI%20Custom%20M4%20Executioner

Just fashionable at the minute to have a bronze handguard 

2 hours ago, Gepard said:

This may be a dumb question but what's with the brown handguard? I see pictures of guns with bronze, or copper, or gold aftermarket parts which never seem to match up with the rest of the gun and often wonder why people don't just spray over them.

It's like this product with 4 different colours. I don't know.. looks a little weird to me. Airsoft%20GI%20Custom%20M4%20Executioner

Because i was building an MK18 similar to the ones used in these pictures by US Army Rangers :) but Rangers are fashionable i suppose.

Been around for years mind.rangers-night-vision.jpg.57d59fcf75197ff0a528aac1d3ccc661.jpgrangers-cqb.jpg.c276d18faa8ced7660869ea3a6b2fbc1.jpg

Mag looks hideous.. But whatever floats your boat xD

May I ask why do you need a high cap on a bolt action?

3 hours ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Nice but have you ever thought about modifying it for a Scar H mag?

This was more a proof of concept, am going to look to make it look more like an extended mag in the future :-) 

4 hours ago, Skara said:

Mag looks hideous.. But whatever floats your boat xD

May I ask why do you need a high cap on a bolt action?

This is a proof of concept. Will make a tidier version when I have time. Why does anyone need a hi-cap mag? I don't need one, but the mag change on the SRS is a bit fiddly so this removes the need to change mags. I'd have stayed in the armed forces if realism was something that I cared for. Airsoft to me is a game so I like to make things that are more practical and useful than you can get by sticking to predefined ideas! :-) 

Just finished putting this TM Patriot together for a friend of mine. After he played with my daughters, he decided he had to have a 30rps CQB weapon lol

To44mgu.jpg

34 minutes ago, PT247 said:

Have done a bit more work on the hi-cap aesthetics for my SRS 

IMG_20180214_160743_011.jpg

Do me a favour and get a better looking optic xD

It looks like you've washed it the wrong way and it shrunk..

Mag looks good now :)

27 minutes ago, CKinnerley said:

38454553550_c7307fa41d_b.jpg

What's that?

• Supporters
37 minutes ago, PT247 said:

Have done a bit more work on the hi-cap aesthetics for my SRS 

IMG_20180214_160743_011.jpg

I’m sorry, I just don’t like the look of these.... 2 of my team mates have these, my brother wants one, but I just can’t see what everyone else does in them...

1 hour ago, Prisce said:

I’m sorry, I just don’t like the look of these.... 2 of my team mates have these, my brother wants one, but I just can’t see what everyone else does in them...

It is how they perform that I like, they are bloomin good with very minor mods. The bullpup magazine is a pita (which is why I am working on the hi-cap so I don't need to deal with mag changes in game).

1 hour ago, Skara said:

Do me a favour and get a better looking optic xD

It looks like you've washed it the wrong way and it shrunk..

Mag looks good now :)

haha, I did have a huge 50mm scope on it but I am wanting this to be a lightweight gun to suit my play style so that weight had to go :-)

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, PT247 said:

It is how they perform that I like, they are bloomin good with very minor mods. The bullpup magazine is a pita (which is why I am working on the hi-cap so I don't need to deal with mag changes in game).

I will admit they perform fantastically, my buddies is fully “upgraded”, taken a few shots with it, really dislike the spring sound right by my ear as well. 

Yeah, I think the bullpup design is why I dislike it so much, the trigger looks to far forward for my liking.

I've fixed the spring sound, by adding grease to the spring, it removes it and I have internally silenced the barrel too, it is quieter than my VSR now that is for sure! :-)

• Supporters
10 hours ago, Skara said:

What's that?

Its one of the SRU kits. Their AK Bullpup.

https://www.sru-precision.com/ak-bullpup