Gun picture thread

M_P

Nice spOOn that will lay down some serious suppressive fire with that reaper mag attached. Enjoy!

Had a pretty productive afternoon in the sun putting the finishing touches to ma ASG KC-02

paint didn't turn out to be as flat or as dark or as earthy as I was hoping...in fact it's just tan but I'll live with it for a while. Got everything pretty tuned in just need to put  several hundred more rounds through to bed the hop.

image.jpg

image.jpg

On 10/07/2017 at 2:40 PM, skillfulmmd said:

My new Russian partner in crime. an E&L 104 PMC-c variant.

Need to make a few changes here and there but can't wait to get it out on the field for some cheeky breeki action.

I'm loving that camo!  Looks ace man. 

got my new kit ready for a game day, now to get a damn sunday off from work so i can actually go to one.

WIh0aug.jpg

13 hours ago, L3wisD said:

That's.... Actually quite an impressive job with the black krylon you've done there.

I'd be hard pressed to say that gun was blue four hours a go ;)

Yeah I have a lot of paint on hand so that was first thing to get sorted out. i dont have any other flak colours so black it shal remain till i get more in. :D

• Supporters
4 hours ago, Da_sheriff said:

Yeah I have a lot of paint on hand so that was first thing to get sorted out. i dont have any other flak colours so black it shal remain till i get more in. :D

"well, after 12 days of waiting my new PDW finally arrived. my choice was either spend £60 on rentals for the next two months to get my ukara or spend £70 on a little package gun. Its a Dboys PDW full plastic version. wont lie it does feel like certain parts would break but the main body feels pretty good for a cheap aeg and i will say im looking forward to getting into a game with it."

So what was your defence for manufacturing that RIF?  Have you maintained a site membership over the years or something?

Ignore me.

• Moderators
53 minutes ago, warlord said:

Ignore me.

To late, most of us get it via email so know what you wrote :P:D

8 minutes ago, djben9 said:

To late, most of us get it via email so know what you wrote :P:D

There's still a select group that don't know I'm a knob :P

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Albiscuit said:

Id say the fact he plays is a defence is it not?

Given the vagaries of the VCRA, that would be up to a court to decide.  The definition of a defence that the vast majority of sites and UKARA accept for membership/database entry is the standard 3 games/more than 2 months rule and every time I've dealt with customs/border force they've wanted UKARA database entry to clear RIFs for import.  IIRC correctly, manufacture is written in the same part of the act as the eligibility to be sold to and I don't know of any good, well established retailers that'll sell you a RIF if this is you:

"Da_sheriff replied to M_P's topic in Guns, Gear & Loadouts

got my new kit ready for a game day, now to get a damn sunday off from work so i can actually go to one.

1 hour ago, CKinnerley said:

well, we are not asking for the defence required for sites and ukara now are we you simple asked what MY defence was and if it would prove valid in a court. considering i have a history with being a skirmisher while yes i have been inactive past few years. but there are other defences too, for film and TV use. good old classic, and seeing as I do help with props from time to time I could use that as a defence. but seeing as Ukara is the primary option for buying an rif and just getting the free painted service knowing full well ill be painting it myself I dont see the issue. end of the day, It was purchased legally, its been modified legally and its being used legally. 

seems youve gone out of your way to make a point and one im failing to see? 

• Supporters
15 hours ago, Da_sheriff said:

its been modified legally

I think you'd struggle to prove that part.  But that's entirely the opinion of a non-lawyer so I'll just leave that as is.  I just don't want new players coming on to this forum who've not played yet and believing it's perfectly ok to buy a 2-tone when they're not eligible to be sold a RIF then manufacture a RIF via paint that same day.  Forums have way more lurkers than they do posters.

Lmfao just because youve been airsofting once is not a defence. 

Unless you have a site membership, a UKARA registration, or the rifle youve painted is your dads/brothers/boyfriends/whatever who has one/ that is registered..... buying a two tone gun and painting it black is manufacturing and RIF...... resultantly breaching and violating the VCRA = Illegal.

• Root Admin

Actually it could be. A 'defence' isn't really properly defined by anyone other than the retailers. Not yet at least.

However, I'd be sure to record going a few times first (keeping a receipt if you paid online or just writing down the dates at a minimum). I'd just not want to be that person that gets taken to court over it.

• Supporters

It's all very vague to be honest. It's like I could have a UKARA membership that expires on 17th July. So that means I'm legit today and not tomorrow? What about if I start painting a gun this evening but it spills over into the early hours of tomorrow morning?

Unless I'm mistaken I have yet to see a clear definition of what does or doesn't constitute a defense  in terms of being an airsofter other than most retailers basically treating a UKARA number as a license when it clearly is not, the 3 games thing is a UKARA guideline after all. As above I've had shops that know all my details including UKARA number but won't sell to me if it's expired despite selling to me in the past. I'd hazard a guess there's no UKARA enforcement team that says I'm now not a valid skirmisher. Not to mention most sites will then renew subsequent membership regardless of how many games you have played after initially qualifying.

I do understand what people are getting at though, even if the person they are referring to does have a sensible defense. I've witnessed quite a few "loopholes" over the years but don't talk about them publicly because it just encourages people to go about things the wrong way.