Gun picture thread

M_P

• Supporters

Hey Monty would you mind telling me what silencer you have on there as i am looking for something similar for my L96. Does it cover some of the barrel as it is or did you modify it to fit over the barrel sorry for what may be a stupid question but i know nothing about silencers.

It's an AirsoftPro 'viper' silencer, link to it;

http://airsoftpro.cz/en/guns-accessories/suppressors/suppressors-1/tlumic-viper-sound-tech-310x55mm-detail

It can cover up the barrel or it can go past the barrel, doesn't come with any padding though.

It's an AirsoftPro 'viper' silencer, link to it;

http://airsoftpro.cz/en/guns-accessories/suppressors/suppressors-1/tlumic-viper-sound-tech-310x55mm-detail

It can cover up the barrel or it can go past the barrel, doesn't come with any padding though.

Ok thanks.

• Supporters

VSR G-Spec pretty much finished. Mancraft SDIK kit installed, AA hop with a PDI 6.01mm barrel R hopped (thanks to Proffrink) with some barrel spacers.

Will be mounting a camera on the scope during the next few days.

SKhRh1Q.jpg

• Supporters

what camera you going for?

I've got a spare brand new HD camcorder lying around, can't remember the brand. Bought it 2yrs ago and never used it lol so will put it to use now ;).

DSC_0005_zpss8qdqrst.jpg

Was trying to get this sub 350fps but have only managed to get it to 400 so have once again locked it to semi. Running an Orga 6.23 WBB, 30k Krytac motor, 11.1v LiPo to Deans, Prommy flat bucking and (not sure on brand) flat hop up nub..

Seems to shoot very well, the hop will lift anything I throw at it (0.43g Proballs will massively over hop if I wind it on further) was having feed issues with the heavier BBs though so seem to have found a happy medium with 0.32g Proballs. Frustratingly I think the WBB is causing negative joule creep which means it loses a little power initially on heavier BBs (on 0.2g Bbs getting bang on 1.49j/400fps but with the 0.32g BBs am only getting 1.38j/300fps) they are far more stable though and at range hold a far tighter grouping so am not bothered. It is funny though as peeps on here seem to go on and on about joule creep yet it is not something I have really experienced even on my VSR so for the only time it has effected my builds for it to be in a negative way as far as power goes it does make me wonder if it is really an issue folk need to bother themselves with.

• Supporters

even short barrelled gas guns can Joule creep, my TM MP7 for example shoots 320 with a .20 and 300 with a .28, 110mm barrel, just MASSIVELY over volumed with the amount of gas that gets released.

Same

20160810_163754_zps3vwgbkt9.jpg

My Tippmann as it stands now.

Daniel Defence 12.5 inch rail

Orga 6.23 Barrel

G&G Green bucking

Tony from BIA Tdc

ID Superbolt

ID Venom

Elcan Spectre Dr scope

RVG Foregrip with battery for venom

Magpul STR stock.

Surefire 6p going on Saturday.

Was trying to get this sub 350fps but have only managed to get it to 400 so have once again locked it to semi. Running an Orga 6.23 WBB, 30k Krytac motor, 11.1v LiPo to Deans, Prommy flat bucking and (not sure on brand) flat hop up nub..

Seems to shoot very well, the hop will lift anything I throw at it (0.43g Proballs will massively over hop if I wind it on further) was having feed issues with the heavier BBs though so seem to have found a happy medium with 0.32g Proballs. Frustratingly I think the WBB is causing negative joule creep which means it loses a little power initially on heavier BBs (on 0.2g Bbs getting bang on 1.49j/400fps but with the 0.32g BBs am only getting 1.38j/300fps) they are far more stable though and at range hold a far tighter grouping so am not bothered. It is funny though as peeps on here seem to go on and on about joule creep yet it is not something I have really experienced even on my VSR so for the only time it has effected my builds for it to be in a negative way as far as power goes it does make me wonder if it is really an issue folk need to bother themselves with.

Well [of joule creep], it's only an issue for people wot don't know about it, no?

What you're describing with the WBB sounds like undervoluming?

Edited by Monty

Well, it's only an issue for people wot don't know about it, no? What you're describing with the WBB sounds like undervoluming?

So the barrel is too long?

Fyi, Proballs are hygroscopic. Maybe switch ammo if it's giving you feeding issues.

was a brand new bag and they fed fine in my VSR which has always been troublesome when using BBs that have swollen.

So the barrel is too long?

I couldn't say tbf. I believe the effect of undervoluming is that after the compressed air has all expanded if the BB has not left the barrel the air behind the BB cannot expand further and there is a minor vacum as a result. In a WBB more air can escape ahead of the BB than normal, and with heaiver BBs accellerating slower there is more time for more air to escape ahead, in theory exaccerbating this.

Call me a sceptic as to whether the relevant values are high enough to make a measurable difference though.

Its easy to test, as you said, get another shorter barrel with the same bore and try chronoing the different weights. :)