Gun picture thread

M_P

• Supporters

That looks pretty awesome, gen1 cascade?

Indeed it is. Bit of an unwieldy beast, but at night creeping about slowly is the name of the game anyway, so that hardly matters.

looks just like mine :D:D:ph34r:

4123F0EF-B304-441C-9254-C121A0A8A73A_zps

It's amazing how much the whole box weighs compared to the sight on its own, eh? Did you get a bunch of old-skool communist batteries in yours? Bloody Volta would recognise them! They would certainly add some weight to the scope too - thank fook for AAA's!

• Supporters

Indeed it is. Bit of an unwieldy beast, but at night creeping about slowly is the name of the game anyway, so that hardly matters.

It's amazing how much the whole box weighs compared to the sight on its own, eh? Did you get a bunch of old-skool communist batteries in yours? Bloody Volta would recognise them! They would certainly add some weight to the scope too - thank fook for AAA's!

I know, the sight is surprisingly light compared lol

Yeah 3 un-used (rare are rocking horse poo apparently) 4.5v batteries

Yeah powered up mine for the first time earlier this week .... After shorting out the 3xaaa holder twice .... Then soldering the wires in place properly lol

• Supporters

I don't use imgur, but if it's anything like flickr you can pick the size of the image when you copy the URL for posting, might wanna try looking for a different/larger setting that regard. I can't really see anything from that tiny picture mate, same with your shots in the loadout thread.

DSC_0129_zpsb5tjjkww.jpg

Skirmished this for the first time today, very impressed with how it performed although I am going to experiment with barrels as I have a PDI 6.05 that is the right length for it and have also just ordered an Orga 6.23 WBB so will try comparing those vs the standard barrel.

DSC_0129_zpsb5tjjkww.jpg

Skirmished this for the first time today, very impressed with how it performed although I am going to experiment with barrels as I have a PDI 6.05 that is the right length for it and have also just ordered an Orga 6.23 WBB so will try comparing those vs the standard barrel.

Shiny...Unless thats gas or P*/SMP/etc based, Orga is a waste of time, you won't be able to produce enough consistent air volume to make use of its advantages.

• Supporters

I know, the sight is surprisingly light compared lol

Yeah 3 un-used (rare are rocking horse poo apparently) 4.5v batteries

Yeah powered up mine for the first time earlier this week .... After shorting out the 3xaaa holder twice .... Then soldering the wires in place properly lol

This weekend gone was the first time in a long time that I have had the energy to do anything, but my g/f came over so i didn't get round to powering up my sight. I'm planning to use a hot glue gun to cover the contacts of the AAA holder once I've soldered the wires in place - that's gotta be a lot better than bits of LX tape at preventing short circuits...

DSC_0129_zpsb5tjjkww.jpg

Shiny...Unless thats gas or P*/SMP/etc based, Orga is a waste of time, you won't be able to produce enough consistent air volume to make use of its advantages.

aye, dropped from 386fps to 306fps

I'm actually having to sell my 500mm 6.23 because even my Daytona Gun can't pressurise it enough.

To get 350fps I have now fitted an M150 spring so if I were to try getting the 420 allowed when locked to semi I'd need an M180 so not really possible on an AEG without heading towards self destruct.

They are excellent barrels though. I grabbed one of their 6.13s for my sniper rifle too and that seems to work pretty well.

At 350 fps it is more accurate than my VSR and SRS snipers which are both running >480fps, I actually think it would give them both a run for their money on range too although unable to test that.

Impressed I am, and as a bonus I now no longer have an MED to worry about as it is now chronoing at 349fps pretty consistently. Gonna need some more batteries though I think as I'll be lucky to get a full day out of a 1450 LiPo now it is pulling the M150! :-)

Getting there!

Systema PTW MAX2 M4A1 CQBR

Nuprol (yes really) rail

Magpul CTR Milspec stock

Knights Armament flip up front & rear sights

Surefire M600

Invisiblesight PEQ15

WE Europe ELCAN Spectre 4x sight

Blue force gear padded sling.

Coming soon:

Hogue grip

Magpul AFG

Holosun HS403GL

Can you tell me how you like the holosun as I'm looking into getting one

as soon as I get one I'll let you know!

Though a friend got one in a trade and ended up selling his real Aimpoint T1 because he preferred the holosun, that's enough of an endorsement for me.

Must be bloody good then! Would you be able to post some feedback on it once you ave used it?

I am in the market for an optic, I am looking at a holo sight mainly, but if I find a really good red dot, then I will get that.

Project MP5A2. This isn't complete yet as it still needs a new stock, cocking handle and thread protector for the flash hider. It started life as a TM MP5 and has had a A2/A3 style hand guard and lower receiver fitted. The upper receiver has been replaced with a metal version. Internally it will have a mosfet installed and a few other tweaks. The magazine is a 3D printed version that I made.

MP5A2%20project_zpslvxucmyw.jpg