Sniper needs secondary pistol

Oneshotonekill
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi there my names George and I’m a Airsoft sniper. I have a fully upgraded L96 but the only problem i have is when someone is not in my engagement range and I don’t have a sidearm. I have a We m92 but it’s shagged. The sears have gone. Now what secondary should I get or do I not need one or something like a rubber knife just for them kills. I’m not a upclose and personal person hence why I like sniping but when I do get like 2-3 meters away from someone what do I do. Now I do not have the money to buy one of  those pistols again cause it’s not worth it unless it’s Marui. But I don’t have the money for something like that. Please help. Is there anything that I can do. I’m not spending any more money than £50 please help ASAP and I’m not putting any more money into that pistol eg. Replacement sears. 

• Supporters

Not a lot if choice tbh, sure you could go with a rubber knife but most of the time it'll go badly (for you), this isn't Hollywood after all.

you really need a sidearm, how about a ruger mk1, simple yet effective classic assassins pistol, nice & quiet & can be picked up s/h for as little as £30, what I paid for mine.

mark

• Supporters

You could gamble on £20 delivered, then hit it with a Poundshop rattle-can: 

If your budget is strictly £50, I really don't know what else there is new unless you want to dabble in the <200 fps electric toys on bbguns4less.

Push it to £60 and you can get the ASG MK23 delivered to your door, and folk seem OK with that.  BBguns4less have a KJ WORKS branded Mk23 for £55 delivered.  I know their rep, but I'm trying to get as close to your budget as possible.

Cheap springer pistol? People laughed whenever I bought mine to a game, but when you're 2-3m away from someone and you've got the drop on them, a hit is a hit. Dirt cheap and free to run. If you think you're sneaky enough to consider knife kills, you're sneaky enough to get one shot on someone from close range. 

• Supporters
1 minute ago, Greg147 said:

Cheap springer pistol? People laughed whenever I bought mine to a game

Mine's painted gold and has googly eyes on it, so I'd certainly hope people laugh at it.  It's shooting at 0.7J / ~270fps though and has claimed one soul so far.

Just one though, and not something that I'd really recommend.  You could also consider a shotgun, which (in cheap plastic) are fun and fairly light. But it's still another long(ish) gun to sling, and not exactly a quick-draw, spray-and-pray solution.

Some sites will insist on a side arm for Snipers/DMR.

Keep an eye on the classified ads for a MK23 . That'll do ya.

41 minutes ago, Aengus said:

https://www.kyairsoft.com/ they'll have the parts if you want to try fix your gun. I know you don't want to put any more money into the pistol but I can't imagine the parts being greatly expensive.

9 minutes ago, Oneshotonekill said:

Cheers everyone for the comments could anyone recommend a cheap site for replace meant sears on a m92 

• Supporters

http://www.taiwangun.com/en/electric-2/cm-127-cyma?from=listing&campaign-id=19

You can't avoid getting enemy within your MED. It is careless anddangerous going without a secondary because you will take the shot with the sniper rifle at the target at 20m if you have no alternative.

This AEP is great for your budget. If you can find an STTI MK23 and gut its suppressor it will still be requiring gas so it's a little pricier to maintain.

• Supporters

Good shout, the CYMA AEPs are indeed just about usable out to your 20m MED.  Although they're way down on power / FPS / tacticool compared to a gas pistol.

• Head Moderator
9 hours ago, Oneshotonekill said:

Cheers guys I see Samurai you put Taiwan gun. I don’t have a ukAra 

Get a parent to buy you a two-tone pistol from Patrol Base and when you are 18 get registered with UKARA.

• Supporters

OK, to summarise: you're definitely not going to fix the M92 unless maybe you are and you're not going to replace it with anything else unless you can get Tokyo Marui quality for no more than £50 and it has to be two toned since you don't have a UKARA number and you can't buy it anyway as you're under 18.

Just so we're all clear.

The quality of advice that you get will be entirely dependent on the quality of information that you provide.

20 hours ago, Oneshotonekill said:

Hi there my names George and I’m a Airsoft sniper. I have a fully upgraded L96 but the only problem i have is when someone is not in my engagement range and I don’t have a sidearm. I have a We m92 but it’s shagged. The sears have gone. Now what secondary should I get or do I not need one or something like a rubber knife just for them kills. I’m not a upclose and personal person hence why I like sniping but when I do get like 2-3 meters away from someone what do I do. Now I do not have the money to buy one of  those pistols again cause it’s not worth it unless it’s Marui. But I don’t have the money for something like that. Please help. Is there anything that I can do. I’m not spending any more money than £50 please help ASAP and I’m not putting any more money into that pistol eg. Replacement sears. 

Well, you've ruled out buying a new sidearm, you've ruled out fixing the one you have, knife kills don't really work unless you sneak around behind someone, your only other option is to position yourself somewhere that you don't run the risk of losing your perimeter, or team up with someone to spot targets and watch your back.

You don't want to fix it, you can't buy a new one anyway as you're under 18, so there you go.

Either up your sniping game and relocate before enemy players enter your MED, or if you don't play at sites that afford you that possibility, find someone who'll buddy up with you.

On 26/10/2017 at 8:03 PM, Oneshotonekill said:

Ok guys I think I will stay back whilst sniping 

That is usually the general idea with sniping.

i wouldn't recommend charging through the front door clearing buildings with a VSR.

Archived