transporting on a motorcycle

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

My guns longer than a metre though. And i dont want it getting damaged hanging off the side of a bike.

Yes im aware you cant have a weapon to hand but if it is wrapped up its not an issue. 

Rogerborg as long as im not carrying the weapon in my hands or in a holster for all to see then a scabbard or modified gunbag is fine. 

I would trust a scabbard more as they are usually leather therefore stronger.

And im not joking about the sidecar always wanted one now i have a reason to get one made and i plan to have a mount on it for an airsoft machine gun. Which of course will be wrapped up and detached during transport.

I might even skip the scabbard stage and go right for the sidecar

• Supporters

Maybe go airsofting first, then design your mechanised forces around it.

Which rifle did you decide on?  I'll again note that the MB-02 is designed for portability.

• Supporters

Sorry, no offence but people with way more experience than you, in both biking & airsoft are giving you sound advice, but I'm getting the feeling that you believe you know better, as the younger generation often do.

for starters, have you ever ridden with a sidecar ?, as a learner I'm guessing not, even a proffesionally sorted set up will mean your whole riding style will have to change, imagine a quad with a bent frame & more weight on one side so it will try to "crab" depending on acceleration/speed/road surface & turning.

then factor in your low weight, your bikes low weight & the extra weight of your kit in the "car".

finally, your on a 125, 15bhp at the most, 12 is more likely, the extra load & stresses will tear the guts out of it in no time, you'll end up with a pile of scrap.

& don't get me started on cheap gun bags or scabbards, your kit gets exposed due to cheap solutions, your ass in nick etc because of it.

in your shoes I'd do one or more of the following:

take the full bike test, in order to get a machine more suited, something "dual purpose", look it up.

or sell your current steed, get a DT or similar that has a higher frame profile enabling more luggage options.

get a decent hard rifle case, nuprol or star etc, & get someone who knows what their doing to make some decent mounting mods, so if the plod ever have reason to get involved, you can show you've made reasonable attempts to hide a secure your gats.

Seriously, don't try and go for a scabbard or bike-mounting system, it will only end in tears.

The gun slip bag which I use is cheap, £20 iirc, and if you throw it over your back using the larger strap (I personally have it narrow end high and to the right, fat end down and to the left. I will try to get a picture sorted out.) it really won't affect your width all that much. Don't forget that for all intents and purposes, when you're in a lane on the road, it is YOUR lane, use the lane.

If you're not confident, don't filter with the bag on, given that you're on a 125 you probably won't travel far so your journey time will be pretty much be the same. I personally don't filter when I have my kit except for ONE corner where there's 2 lanes in the space for 3, and that's only up to a red light. The rest of the time, I'll sit in the queue. Do I get odd looks because 'hey look, a biker with a massive hiking bag and what looks like a gun bag'? Of course I do, but nothing is visible and nothing can be done. 

If by some odd bizarre miracle that PC Plod does pull you over, remember your yes sirs and no sirs and be fully compliant. If he wants to open anything, suggest it's done in the back of the police car so to hide your RIF's from plain public view.

Im not knocking anyones ideas or knowledge on the subject. 

I mentioned the scabbard cz it is proven on all terrain therefore would be seriously good consideration when wanting to transport airsoft guns to and fro. Hemce why i mentioned it. Im planning to mod a gun bag so it can fit on my front forks or down the side of the bike.

I personally havent ever used a sidecar but always wanted one.

Been riding since i was 9 now 27. I ride small cc cz i just dont need a full licence happy on my lil bikes cheap n cheerful. Built and maintained most of my bikes too.

My bike is stock with 14.30hp gets in uk on weight. Is also oil cooled and features full cradle frame.

i got it passed 80mph before the teardown (on private land of course)

Seriously underated bike but looks shite so i been rebuilding it with a old bsa b40 fairing i picked up for a quid and got 2 more free lol shame they dont make screens for them no more sadly.

Im no stranger to carrying tents and stuff but something as awkward as a long rifle is new to me with transport. 

I went with the asg aw 308 in the end rather impressed already.

Dont take me for an ignorant youth end of day we all form our own opinions based on the knowledg we learn and i have in no way been intimidating or arrogant to the information you guys have supplied me

Pegasus

• Supporters
13 hours ago, commanderpegasus420 said:

I went with the asg aw 308 in the end

Hmm, PatrolBase do indeed claim 390fps with 0.2g.  Just about every other seller is claiming 1.9J, or about 450fps with 0.2g.  Your site limit is 400fps / 1.49J, right?

Should be OK, my AEG came from PatrolBase with a chrono test result on it that matched exactly with the site chrono.

9 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Hmm, PatrolBase do indeed claim 390fps with 0.2g.  Just about every other seller is claiming 1.9J, or about 450fps with 0.2g.  Your site limit is 400fps / 1.49J, right?

Should be OK, my AEG came from PatrolBase with a chrono test result on it that matched exactly with the site chrono.

Mine has come with 1.9 joules. Im hoping racking the spring back for 24hours will decrease it abit.

Ive flat hopped it already and gna use a heavier bb. Im hoping that will decrease the power enough to pass an fps test.

If not im gna need advice on how to decrease the fps 

• Supporters

Oh, that's a bit off.  PatrolBase does claim 390fps for it, have you had a word with them?

That's a fair bit you'll need to lose.  I expect you'll need to either replace or clip the spring: snip X number of links off, then briefly heat the end and bend it flat.

How many X would be, I have no idea, that's the gamble you'd have to take.  It'd be rotten if you turned up and chronoed over.

16 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Oh, that's a bit off.  PatrolBase does claim 390fps for it, have you had a word with them?

That's a fair bit you'll need to lose.  I expect you'll need to either replace or clip the spring: snip X number of links off, then briefly heat the end and bend it flat.

How many X would be, I have no idea, that's the gamble you'd have to take.  It'd be rotten if you turned up and chronoed over.

The paper sheet supplied with the gun says its 443 fps.

I compressed the spring for over 7 hours im not sure if that will help but fingers crossed.

Its ok for a couple weeks yet but ill take it to the local airsoft shop ive been hearing about first and get them to chrono it 

Ill make a new post about this to gather intel about it

Pegasus

I don't have it any more but the one I had is this.

https://www.kolpin.com/products/gun-boots-grips-carriers/gun-boot-6-0-impact

It only stuck out a little bit at the back  and you buy the mounting bracket  for bit extra.

I was lucky my bike had lots of room and I mounted it easy.

It was cheaper to buy from the USA and import it, then buy in the uk few years ago.

I am pretty sure I bought it from here .

http://www.motosport.com/kolpin-gun-boot-60-transport-system

bike_2.jpg

On ebay for roughly 100 quid.

Shame that cz that wouldve been ideal.

Im gna try something like what you have done but with a rifle a rifle bag. 

If i remove the left sidepanel i can get it flat on the left side and move a rifle bag further in with less protrusion at the back.

Also. Gothicghosts cat has very effective camo lol

Archived