Zeroin, Dead & Gone?

easymil
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Head Moderator

I blame Brexit :P

• Moderators

does that mean an influx of 'new members'.....

• Head Moderator

We may get a few new members asking for advice or selling items while Zero In is off-line.

• Supporters

Tbh I came looking for new airsoft based reading material after zin had been down a couple of days.

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Tbh I came looking for new airsoft based reading material after zin had been down a couple of days.

any better!? :lol:

• Supporters
1 hour ago, djben9 said:

any better!? :lol:

I'll have to get back to you on that lol, tbh I wasn't the biggest fan of zin, it's only saving grace was its traffic, always something new to read (or rip the shiz out of ;) )

Personally, I preferred Z1 because of thetraffic and classifides, but I do love how I can just talk about stuff here without having to use code lol. 

“Where did you get that gun from?”

”imagine me painted red” 

• Head Moderator
52 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

I do love how I can just talk about stuff here without having to use code lol.

This is not a commercial forum that is linked to any retailer, manufacturer, or skirmish site so we are free to discuss any airsoft kit and compare prices, quality, customer service, etc.

I get that, Jedi. I don’t blame them for it either, but it is annoying that my ‘main’ forum is like that. Maybe if Z1 stays dead, people will move over here, giving us more content and classifieds and the forum will be the best, well rounded forum in the UK

I'm not sure Z1 will return if they can't do it for free TBH..

It seems busier on there with more action in the classifieds at least and less people mess about or they seem to know what they want.

I always considered that this forum catered for the younger player and is not yet as well established,but I do like them both.

As a former ZI forum user, i'd say it's likely gone for good. For the last six months it's been indentified by google as a site compromised by malware with a full-screen alert coming up every time you visited, culminating last month when major ISPs started flat out blocking access to it. Even if they get it up again most of their userbase has got fed up and migrated elsewhere (hi!)

Shame, they had an excellent classifieds section and there were some good tutorials on there.

I literally only used z1 for the marketplace. my work pc wouldn't let me go anywhere near it for months before it went away. shame as I got some good deals off there but forums sometimes die its just how it is. 

• Moderators

My previous place wouldn’t let me on here or Firesupport... classes as ‘weapons’

Current place is fine :lol:

• Supporters
9 hours ago, Vracktal said:

For the last six months it's been indentified by google as a site compromised by malware

Doubtless thanks to them using plaintext http for logins both on zeroin and on zerooneairsoft.  Perhaps when their commerce site gets blicklisted too they'll realise that it's not 1996 any more.

Shame, I was finding it fairly useful for noob information, and the reputation system did give some minimum basis for trust in the classifieds.

There was a thread on there exclaiming that zeroin was dying anyway due to people migrating to Facebook groups, but "LOL M8" / "YEH M8" isn't really a substitute for a searchable archive of tips and wisdom.

• Supporters

Hmm, it's not up yet, but I'm not getting the HOOKY SITE!!!! warning today.  Might be an encouraging sign, might be totally random.

Was random, it's gone all DECEPTIVE SITE! again. :(

I do hope its not dead, Ive been using the forums there for many many years, and more importantly built up tonnes of classifieds positive feedback. Their classifieds section was great, I liked how it was laid out more sensibly than most places (not a fan of how this forum just has "spring, electric or gas" as options, I dont want to trawl through GBB rifles when Im on the hunt for a gas pistol, or shotties when I want a springer rifle etc.) I much prefer using forums to buy/sell stuff rather than FB airsoft groups full of 13yr old scammers.  

It also had an absolute wealth of knowledge and experience, it would be saddening to see all that die. However theyve only got themselves and their inept tech support to blame. Plus the ridiculously over-zealous moderation.

• Supporters
24 minutes ago, Tiercel said:

Their classifieds section was great, I liked how it was laid out more sensibly than most places (not a fan of how this forum just has "spring, electric or gas" as options, I dont want to trawl through GBB rifles when Im on the hunt for a gas pistol, or shotties when I want a springer rifle etc.) 

Create a post in Forum Feedback. I'm sure the admins would appreciate your input. 

Archived