Zeroin, Dead & Gone?

easymil
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I can't access it on Chrome with Avast. Only used it for the classifieds but having a better experience on here selling so will stick around

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Works fine on my iPhone and despite the rest of the forum being dead, the sales thread has proven to be the best there is. 

• Supporters

Unless I'm missing something, it looks like the reputation system is AWOL, which makes it no better than any other random site for selling.

Actually, while it was down, a bunch of us got ripped off by one seller who double- or triple-sold the same items, and now there's no way to ding him.  I bet he doesn't take his hits either.

The reputation thing does appear to be missing.. but if you replace it with common sense you can’t really go wrong. I’ve just done a trade on there. His post count was lower than mine so he posted first and provided proof. Second I received that proof I posted. Not a perfect system, but it’s as good as it gets. My other stuff I put up have been a case of one message and it’s sold within the day. I do like this forum, but the amount of people offering you stupid offers or asking you 1000 questions even though they have no intention of buying is irritating. 

I do do think this forum could easily lead in terms of a sales section though. It’s got the traffic, just needs to be set out like theirs. 

rifles: electric, gbbr, ebb, hpa 

pistols: electric, gbb.. whatever. 

If I’m looking for a gas sniper rifle for example, I don’t want to go through 3 pages of WE and TM pistols to find one. 

• Head Moderator
8 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

If I’m looking for a gas sniper rifle for example, I don’t want to go through 3 pages of WE and TM pistols to find one. 

Do you refine your search option in Gas guns? Do not generally see the word sniper in with pistols (except TM Mk23 as perfect sniper sidearm).  Some better titles and text/description by sellers would also help.

I don’t, no. I just click gas and browse. In the sniper section of Z1 there isn’t the word sniper in the sales threads. Just the names of the guns. Unless you you’re looking for something specific, refining wouldn’t really help. I’d just like to browse by category. At the end of the day, this and Z1 are both large airsoft forums, but the sales section has always been more popular over there. For me, the way it’s laid out is the reason why.

• Head Moderator
54 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

I do do think this forum could easily lead in terms of a sales section though. It’s got the traffic, just needs to be set out like theirs. 

rifles: electric, gbbr, ebb, hpa 

pistols: electric, gbb.. whatever. 

26 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

At the end of the day, this and Z1 are both large airsoft forums, but the sales section has always been more popular over there. For me, the way it’s laid out is the reason why.

You may want to add your thoughts about the Classifieds to this topic

I will. For the record, it’s not me trying to piss on this forum. For the most part, I like it. Just a few annoyances. 

• Head Moderator

There are elements of the forum layout that many of would like to improve but it all rests with Devastator the root admin and owner. 

• Supporters

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few." - Spock

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

I will. For the record, it’s not me trying to piss on this forum. For the most part, I like it. Just a few annoyances. 

don't worry, we all have those on here....and it can be frustrating

just be patient with changes.....they may take.........a while.....:D

• Supporters
6 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

Me too, I think I just got on better with the "old skool" desktop type layouts, all my usual forums have changed layouts.

But to be fair, I am old & everybody knows us old gits don't like change ;)

Yeah, If I can request a desktop version over what my phone vomits up, I’ll always take that. 

• Head Moderator

I mainly use a desktop / laptop which is great for the forum layout and functionality, the iPad is not so user friendly. I will not go near one of those new-fangled phone contraptions, have seen how badly they make some posts looks, as if typed by an semi literate ape.

On 21/11/2017 at 4:32 PM, Jedi_Master said:

I mainly use a desktop / laptop which is great for the forum layout and functionality, the iPad is not so user friendly. I will not go near one of those new-fangled phone contraptions, have seen how badly they make some posts looks, as if typed by an semi literate ape.

Strange, that's how all you posts look even on a PC :D:P

• Supporters

It's a bit of a clownshow.  Still blocked/flagged, still no reputation system, random log outs and thread locks, people getting grumpy in the classifieds and pointing out that sellers are offering used, faulty guns at new prices. :ph34r:

Hardly worth bothering with at the moment.

• Moderators

Sounds like you guys should give it a miss until sorted, never know who is lurking around the site at the moment....stealing details!

reminds me has anyone seen Sitting Duck??! :lol:

I'm not surprised Zeroin is down for maintenance. Whenever I attempted to go to Zeroin within the last month, my virus software warns me of URL:MAL. My virus software wont allow me any further, and secures the threat.

Archived