Aug & p90 advice

Elts7
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

evening all.

thought ide pop back on to the no 1 forum for some advice. looking for some info on the above.

i mainly do cqb and occational field games and im quite interested in the above as i rarely see them. (are they that bad?)

also looking to maybe start some milsims so could i used any of them for that or would that be an additional purchase?

reason for asking as im not keen on m4s and the aug and p90 along with g36 is the only platforms ive not tried other than gbb.

thanks

• Supporters

Both are OK, both have the hate it or love it look.

Internally the AUG is a standard v3. Weak parts are the fiddly fire selector, not very easily available mags and a hopup that easily breaks if not careful when servicing.

P90 use parts that are less commonly available.

I don't see why milsims wouldn't allow them but if it's strict mislim then the AUG is more likely to be allowed, since it's an actualy NATO standard rifle, while the p90 is not.

thanks buddy

not sure what else to look at now! just want something slightly different and shorter for cqb to run other than my mk23

• Supporters

I had multiple Classic Army ones. The normal ones, not the sportlines are very good. I never had ICS, but I read good things about them, I believe those are good too.

Or you can get a Cyma. Those are very solid too. JG is OK, nothing worth mentioning there if it's not their old Navy one which has metal lower receiver, which is weird. Galaxy for the cheapest useable mp5k but that needs some care before using.

• 2 weeks later...

Slightly old thread, but I figure one week give or takes not to bad a necropost if the OP is still interested.

Can't speak for P90's but nothing bad about an AUG in and off itself, I suspect alot of people don't really use them becasue of the rail limitations. Haven't heard amazing things about the JG's, ASG's or CA's, I can only really speak for the TM myself, but I've had none of the problems that Samurai had. Crisp easy fire selection with the crossbar, no maintainance wories. Mags might be a touch hard to get nowdays but I still see them around from time to time, so should be doable. The only problem I ever had with it was the metal rod that holds the foregrip on snapping.

Milsim wise you should be fine. The AUG is the service rifle for several countries, be odd to exclude it.

Another interesting bonus with the TM that makes it well suited to CQB is that it's stock internals are really quiet. I often got questions about whether I'de filled my gun with foam or something becasue you could barely hear it. I hadn't, btw. So yeah, cant reccomend the others but cant reccomend the TM highly enough if you can find one (I think redwolf still has them).

• Supporters

I'd pick the aug over the p90, I had a ca that was excellent, only negative was the two stage trigger, but once you get used to that its great.

thanks guys. gonna look sround for s tm aug then. just ordered a tm ak74 recoil also so the pair should work well

Archived