KJW P226

Cyrax
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all, just looking for a bit of info about upgrading my pistol.

First off, i cant find a definate fps for this gun (KJ P226), any one tested one themselves?

Im looking to upgrade what i can, to improve it overall. I found this list on google, when i searched for TM P226 upgrades. From what i have read, aside from the magazines, and with minor modification, all parts are compatible.

Firefly or Action bearing spring guide:

Do i really need this?

Guarder enhanced recoil spring 150%:

Ive read this spring is too strong, and the gun doesnt always respond well. Is there a 130%? or should i modify it myself?

Guarder enhanced hammer spring 150%:

Ive read that the KJ P226 strongly disagrees with the hammer spring, and this is best avoided.

Guarder enhanced loading nozzle:

Wont bother with this until mine breaks, as people have suggested.

PDi piston head:

Not entirely sure where this goes? I have read there is a normal and winter version though. Noticable difference?

Nineball 6.03 inner barrel:

Definately getting this for obvious reasons

RCC floating valve:

What improvements are gained?

If you can answer any or all questions/ add information or experience it would be appreciated!

• 1 month later...
  • Supporters

Can't answer most of it as I don't know enough about the parts to have a say on them.

However, I own the same pistol and can say that the FPS is generally between 285 and 300 fps using green gas, depending on how charged the mag is, I haven't chronographed it personally but I asked my supplier before buying and when comparing to friends who have guns around the same, proposed FPS, it seems to perform about the same.

Since you've been looking into upgradable parts, quite thoroughly by the sound of it lol, do you know if there's a grip mounted laser sight you can buy to replace one of the grip panels?

Not really looked for one yet but that's the only upgrade I have in mind, considering my holster won't house the pistol if I fit a more traditional under barrel laser.

Sorry I can't help more... And that I turned it equally into a post to help me lol... =/

Thanks for the chrono information. These KJW P226 seem pretty rare, despite being lovely replicas.

Im afraid i don't know about a grip mounted laser, i haven't had any luck finding any replacement grip parts, without them being really expensive.

Below is a link to my "P226 Upgrade" thread that is a work in progress, that i will update as i add more to the gun. Both upgrade parts have had positive results. Not mind blowing, but positive!

http://www.airsoft-forums.co.uk/?showtopic=3989

do you know if there's a grip mounted laser sight you can buy to replace one of the grip panels?

Not really looked for one yet but that's the only upgrade I have in mind, considering my holster won't house the pistol if I fit a more traditional under barrel laser.

silverback do clones of the laser grips about $45

but fobus do holsters to allow u to use it with torch/laser fitted

Archived