G&P full metal m16a3

Fat-jd
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Rite o been offered a m16a3 g&p full metal with m203 with 8 mags and 4 shells and I ha ve a few questions 

First off dose anyone no what it's worth second hand also the only reason for an assault rifle is because dragging the 249 is a pain also how easy is it to swap the front end over to add a ris and remove the m203 

The front end swap isn't difficult, but depending on the existing barrel nut you may need a proper AR tool. No biggy cos they're about £20 off Dhgate.com.

The 203 just clips /screws on, and if you don't want it someone will buy it and the shells off you.

As to the value, how long is a piece of string? Depends on condition, does it come with a battery, etc.

Lookup the value of the new parts, and the second hand value in excellent condition is around 65% of that. Check the ads for what others are paying for the same bits and take a punt. If the buyer bites your hand off you went in too high.

At the end of the day you have to decide what it's worth to you and how much you're prepared to pay. And seeing as buying second hand can be a lottery, how much you're prepared to loose.

As a guide, the last G&P M4 I bought was in good condition, everything worked and it had a nice aftermarket front end on it. The seller had put it together from G&P bits he had laying around, and it cost me £120 posted.

12 hours ago, Hangtight said:

The front end swap isn't difficult, but depending on the existing barrel nut you may need a proper AR tool. No biggy cos they're about £20 off Dhgate.com.

The 203 just clips /screws on, and if you don't want it someone will buy it and the shells off you.

As to the value, how long is a piece of string? Depends on condition, does it come with a battery, etc.

Lookup the value of the new parts, and the second hand value in excellent condition is around 65% of that. Check the ads for what others are paying for the same bits and take a punt. If the buyer bites your hand off you went in too high.

At the end of the day you have to decide what it's worth to you and how much you're prepared to pay. And seeing as buying second hand can be a lottery, how much you're prepared to loose.

As a guide, the last G&P M4 I bought was in good condition, everything worked and it had a nice aftermarket front end on it. The seller had put it together from G&P bits he had laying around, and it cost me £120 posted.

So if I went for a shorter front set could I just change the inner barel or would I need to change the hop unit or could I just change to a shorter barrel and leave it on ?

You can change the barrel length and profile to whatever you like. Be aware that some of the newer G&P receivers require a matching barrel as the mating faces are machined on a taper. If you change to a short outer barrel then if the original inner protrudes then you can either hide this in a suppressor, or you buy a matching inner barrel and fit this to the existing hop up.

You generally don't buy a front 'set'. You get the rail you want and a suitable length outer barrel to look right, although there are a few places that bundle these together into a kit. The rail will come with a new barrel nut to suit the way the rail is mounted.

Archived