G&G 511 and Vector Optics mag

Lewis7618
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Can anyone give me any pointers about setting up this configuration as it just seems to ghost a lot?! I’ve zeroed the 511 at 50m (there abouts) and adding the magnifier works well there’s no difference in aiming point but the dot is blurring, is there a distance I’m supposed to space them out or am I just missing something!

cheers gents 

9FD04758-295E-4C8B-95CC-05A8E294B0C3.jpeg

• Supporters

Have you tried adjusting the focus ring? Nearest to you, around the eyepiece.

I have mate yes, this only clears the view up but then still has the occasional ghosting, I thought £120 for site was a good price but obviously if I want better buy the real thing ha ha 

• Supporters
9 minutes ago, Lewis7618 said:

I have mate yes, this only clears the view up but then still has the occasional ghosting, I thought £120 for site was a good price but obviously if I want better buy the real thing ha ha 

Blimey, I have the same magnifier and I paid half that!

Anyway, it does look a bit far from the sight. That said it could just be magnifying a poor reticule image. Is it unusably blurry or just a bit fuzzy?

Snap definitely sending it back if you got it for half ha ha, I’d just moved it back in that pic as I had had it a lot closer! Maybe it was the failing light I’m not sure! 

ill try try an upload a pic of it later, I didn’t want to send it back as I was hoping for the best of both worlds, but I may just use the red dot for cqb and my acog and a 45 degree battle site for general skirmishes, I just don’t like to quit on things I buy so easily! 

• Supporters

You and me both. I'm sure there's a right distance for it. Maybe try taking it off the rail and just hold it at different distances until you get it in the right place for YOU. Do you wear glasses/contacts at all?

So I tested again it’s fine with the magnifier wound all the way down, but I’m assuming that to get the x4 you have to wound it up, soon as I do that the dot ghosts! So I think while I’m in the stage of a newbie, and buying things to actually get my ass to skirmishes I’ll send it back and comeback to it at a later date! 

• Supporters

Yea, when I used a magnifier I kept it about the same distance as Loz. Just send it back IMO

• Supporters
On 10/20/2017 at 5:47 PM, Lewis7618 said:

So I tested again it’s fine with the magnifier wound all the way down, but I’m assuming that to get the x4 you have to wound it up, soon as I do that the dot ghosts! So I think while I’m in the stage of a newbie, and buying things to actually get my ass to skirmishes I’ll send it back and comeback to it at a later date! 

I think I've spotted the problem.

It's not a variable strength magnifier. The magnification is fixed at x3, the focus ring around the eyepiece is for adjusting the focal length to suit your eye position. By winding it all the way off you're just defocusing it not adjusting the magnification!

Your a legend, don’t know why I didn’t spot that, probably because I was too close to the situation, when it comes to trying again with a different one I’ll keep my eye out! 

Excuse the puns 

6 minutes ago, Lozart said:

I think I've spotted the problem.

It's not a variable strength magnifier. The magnification is fixed at x3, the focus ring around the eyepiece is for adjusting the focal length to suit your eye position. By winding it all the way off you're just defocusing it not adjusting the magnification!

Archived